Thursday 4 September 2014

Cheap & Easy Way To Improve Your Blog Photos!

Hi honeys,
Just a quick post to share a recent really inexpensive purchase that has made such a ridiculously huge difference in my blog photos :) Honestly, I'm so happy and the best thing is that it cost so little!  In total a whopping £1.98!

I have for some time now been looking for foam boards or something similar to use as a backdrop for blog photos. I haven't been able to find them locally, although we do kinda live way out in the back of beyond somewhat so.... and the foam boards seemed, for what they are really, to be quite expensive online.  And then I saw this....

Blog Tips, Artist Canvas As Photo Backdrop



So, recently I was out shopping with hubby and while we were in Home Bargains I noticed these blank white artist canvases.

Artist Canvas 30 x 40 cm


These are a wooden frame with canvas stretched over. They are 30 x 40 cm (almost 12 x 16 inches) in size so roughly about A3?  Easily big enough for most dishes photographed for recipe posts.  I have so far only used them once, to photograph a gift hubby brought me home, you can see the post here.  This is one of the photographs.

artist canvas as backdrop


I love that I can have a clean crisp background to my photos and I can't wait to try them out when taking food photos.  The best thing about these canvases is their price. They cost 99p each, so it was only £1.98 for both.

They are available in a larger size but unfortunately those weren't available when we were in store, but I'll look when we are next there. The larger ones are 50 x 60 cm (or almost 19 x 24 inches)

So that's my little tip for the day honeys. What do you use as a backdrop for your blog photos? Do share?  Do you have any hints or tips that might help me take better blog photos? I've been blogging since January but I still have so, so much to learn.

Till next time honeys, heaps of hugs xx


2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hi Leah! Thank you xx I don't know if you read http://rosieshappymusings.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/remembering-mum-moving-on.html but I wanted to thank you for your lovely comments when we lost Mum. I can't tell you how much it meant to me. Thank you so much honey, sending hugs xxx

      Delete