Saturday 13 September 2014

Blogtember Challenge Day 13: Relationship Status

Hello honeys
Another fun day in the blogtember challenge. Today's prompt is: Sept 13th: Your current relationship status. If dating/married, give us a glimpse of your story! If single, share about this special season.


OK, fair warning, I'm about to be sickeningly sweet. Abandon ship if this stuff makes you nauseous :)  Still here? Cool! I love my husband. There, I said it.  I don't just love my husband, I adore him. I love everything about him. I love his laugh, I love his smile, I love that we can sit in a room for hours, perfectly quiet and I wouldn't want to be any other place, with any other person in the whole world. Ever.

If I had to write a list of qualities that made up the perfect man he'd tick every single box.  I did warn you that this might get sickening :)  Hubby is thoughtful, caring, funny & incredibly smart.  He's romantic, I still get a single red rose every valentines day, and the oddest most unexpected little gifts, like this :)

In truth though, every day he gives me a gift. The most important one. I know he'll always be there, no matter what. I know I can count on him, and I haven't even mentioned the whole blue eyes thing yet :) Look out Daniel Craig because my hubby can make my heart skip just by glancing in my direction :) I'll leave today's post with what has been probably the best advice I've ever been given. Ever.

On our wedding day, after everyone else had left, and while my Dad & I were waiting for the car to arrive to take us to the church, he told me something I've never forgotten. My Dad told me that while it was important for every girl to have her pals, from that day on, hubby should always be my best pal. Never to put anyone ahead of him. He said if we were always best pals, we'd always be happy. Guess what honeys? he was right :)

Of course in order for this to work, it has to be a two way street. I had to be hubby's best pal too. I've been lucky in that I have been and am. We're one of those sickening couples who have become akin to a salt & pepper set. Can't see one of us without wondering where the other one is :)

I am a lucky, lucky lady & I hope that you're just as blessed too :) Hoping you're having the best weekend honeys & sending you heaps of hugs xx

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. thank you honey! I meant every word too. Hubby truly is a blessing. Hope you're having a fabulous week sweetheart, huggles xxx

      Delete