Back again for day three of the Blogtember Challenge, a fabulous link up organized by the lovely Bailey Jean of Brave Love Blog.
Blogtember is a fun opportunity for bloggers to challenge themselves to post every day for a whole month, Bailey Jean has even provided writing prompts for each day (which you can read here.)
Today's prompt has to be the absolute saddest for me. I live for Spring & Summer and I dread (and I mean properly dread like something from a Gothic horror novel!) Autumn & (especially) Winter. "Why Rosie?" I hear you ask. Lot's of reasons really honeys, chief among them being...
- The stork who delivered me couldn't read his map or instructions (please deliver this small Rosie somewhere it's warm... All. The. Time.)
- I can't bear the cold (brrrrrr!seriously! just no!)
- I have rheumatoid arthritis (among other things) and winter hurts, I mean really "tries to twist me into a human pretzel" type hurts)
- I'm on the West Coast of Scotland and we get around six hours of daylight per day, tops, from October till around end January :/
- To be fair to Autumn, I really only dislike it so much because it means my precious Summer has gone and it's dragging me (remember that dread?) towards Winter :/
OK, I can do this! I can share some gorgeous things that will (hopefully) make us all smile :)
Without a doubt honeys, the one, single, thing I wait for (very impatiently) every year is this..
Of course Spring's arrival means the garden starts to wake from it's long Winter's nap and I can watch mother nature at work. Every year I watch the beautiful peonies begin to fight their way to the surface..
Gramma's gorgeous roses never fail to make me smile year after year, isn't there something exquisitely beautiful about a rose in the rain?
a printable version of this image here honeys.
Of course we have more than roses (although they are my favourites) in our garden and it's such fun watching apples appear on our still young apple tree..
I've been keeping a photographic diary all year, through the Picture Perfect link up.
So, farewell to Summer then. Hello to scarves, windy days and wishing it would all hurry up and take us to Spring again :) What's been your best Summer memory so far? Are you a Spring & Summer girl like me or do you look forward to Autumn & Winter?
Till tomorrow then honeys, when we'll be onward towards day four of Bailey Jean's wonderful Blogtember Challenge. Till then, hug loads and smile till your face aches :)
Huggles always xxx