Wednesday 7 October 2020

Blogtober Day 7: Counting Down To Spring...

 Hi Honeys, 

Another very chilly day today.  It's hard to believe that it's really only been a few weeks since everyone was complaining about the too warm nights and not being able to sleep, and here we are with the winter quilt and the central heating both on.  

Blogtober day 7: Counting down to spring...

I'm not an autumn or winter person honeys (although if pushed I could find bits of it I like lol) much preferring the spring and summer times when the garden bursts into life and we have lots of baby birds appear at the feeders and playing on the lawn.  


Winter is coming...


Sunrise is already arriving later in the morning, after 7.30 am today.  Sunset is also arriving earlier, tonight it was a little before 6.30 pm.  We live on the west coast of Scotland honeys.  Scotland is a breathtakingly beautiful place but in winter, at least here on the west coast, it can be so dark, during the shortest days in deepest winter, that you'd swear it was midnight by 3pm and we won't see sunlight again until after 9am the next morning.  It isn't even a gradually arriving darkness, It really does feel as if someone hits a cosmic light switch.  

This blanket of complete darkness outside can be overwhelming, and for me it really is.  I cope with it each year by counting down the days till it goes away.  I even wear a little badge at work saying "ask me when spring arrives" 😊 

Blogtober day 7: Counting down to spring...


Looking on the bright side...


Of course, each year there is Halloween to cheer me up.  We spend weeks buying sweets, little toys and balloons to make up treat bags for the tiny humans who visit trick or treating.  Last year was my first attempt to properly decorate our tiny entryway with a Halloween theme and one year, at work, I even managed to convince a tiny human that Hogwarts was real and that I was a student there, much to the amusement of his Mum 😊

This year though, Halloween has been cancelled by Covid19, so there are no bags to make for trick or treaters.  I haven't been at work since March of this year (I take immune suppressing medication which puts me in the vulnerable group) so I won't even be able to wear my Hogwarts robes to work this year.  

If I was Charlie Brown I'd be throwing my head back and yelling "I caaaaan't stand it!"  Oooooo! That reminds me, it's almost time to watch "It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown"  Who doesn't love the Peanuts gang? 😊

So, Halloween this year will be Hubby, our furbaby Jade and I, some movie night snacks and some suitable Halloween themed DVDs.  

It won't be so long till spring arrives again, and till the garden wakes up from her long winter nap.  What I really miss through the (too) long winter months of course are our roses...


Blogtober day 7: Counting down to spring...


So, over to you then honeys, which is your favourite season?  Do you miss spring and autumn as much as I do?  Or do you look forward to autumn and winter?  Till tomorrow dear ones, stay warm and safe, hugs always xx  

ps: There are 164 days from today till spring arrives in the UK and I'm going to be counting down every single day 💗


Hugs always, Rosie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment