Saturday 24 October 2020

Blogtober Day 24: About those healthy eating plates...

 Disclaimer: I haven't been paid to promote any products or stores, just wanted to share x  

Hi Honeys, 

Welcome to day twenty four of Blogtober. Can you believe we're about to move into the last week of Blogtober for 2020, and of course the last week of October.  Where has time gone?   As if that's not enough, the clocks change over tonight too! An extra hour to fill honeys, how are you going to fill it?

Hubby's going to help me declutter the master bedroom tomorrow, then we're (that's Hubby really, because pain in my spine won't let me stand for too long right now, thank you sweetheart x) going to shampoo the carpet.  Of course our furbaby Jade and I will help, we'll both be sitting on the bed offering encouragement, like "Honey, you missed a bit..." 😊

On to today's post then.  Have you heard about those healthy eating plates?  They've been all over the internet for some time now and, having diabetes, I was curious about them.  

About those healthy eating plates: They're meant to encourage portion control, helpfulif you're trying to control your blood sugar levels or if you're just trying to live a healthier lifestyle, but this is what surprised me...

When I first became aware of them I went looking online and they were expensive dear ones.  I just couldn't bring myself to pay around £18 for a plate.  Not in this lifetime.  There are so many other places for our money to go, to go splurge on a (albeit cleverly designed) dinner plate. 

Then a while ago, I spotted one of these healthy eating plates among a shopping haul video on YouTube (I'm sorry, I can't remember whose video it was, I'm so sorry, I would link back if I knew, it was quite a while ago) 

Well, they never appeared in our branch of Poundland (lots of items from hauls don't actually, it's not a great branch, mostly I think because it's a small store and shares the space with Pep & Co) but then Hubby was doing our grocery shop (thank you sweetheart x) and spotted this plate and (knowing I'd been looking for one) brought one home for me ...   

About those healthy eating plates: They're meant to encourage portion control, helpfulif you're trying to control your blood sugar levels or if you're just trying to live a healthier lifestyle, but this is what surprised me...

It really is lovely, isn't it honeys?  I like the design, it's so bright and would be a marvellous reminder to eat a healthy, balanced diet.  It's perfect for anyone trying to be mindful of their diet except for one thing.  It's huge. Honestly, it's bigger than our largest dinner plate, from a beautiful dinner service we were given as a wedding gift. 

I actually measured it, and from side to side across, it measures 10 ½ inches (or 27cm) and would hold more food than I could ever eat, I'm sure.  So, lovely though it is, my search continues for an equally gorgeous plate honeys. 

I do think it's lovely, but would just prefer it to be smaller is all.  In case you'd like to try one of these healthy eating plates, Hubby found it in B&M and it cost £2.  It's great quality actually, being ceramic and very heavy.       

Over to you dear ones, have you tried these healthy eating plates?  If so, what are your thoughts on them?  Till next time, stay warm and safe everyone, hugs always xx

Hugs always, Rosie xx

2 comments:

  1. Interesting idea for a plate - I agree that it should be smaller! Especially if you are trying to manage your nutrients and portion sizes, a smaller plate is best :) Thanks for sharing!
    Jenna ♥
    Stay in touch? Life of an Earth Muffin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello dear Jenna, I absolutely agree. This plate does seems too large to me. I do like the idea, and it is beautifully designed but I would have preferred it no bigger than a 6 or 7 inch plate, rather than the 10½ inches this one is.

      I so loved your post on composting, we have a composting bin too, which is emptied every day into a larger bin outside. Our local council encourages everyone to compost food waste and even provides little bins, as well as doing a two weekly collection of the large outside bins.

      Your post on bamboo products is fabulous too, I loved seeing some products I hadn't seen before. We have a set of three bamboo serving dishes in the kitchen, a bamboo chopping board and I also have a bamboo travel mug too. I'm going to have a look and see if our Amazon has those coasters which are lovely.

      Thank you so much for visiting, it always makes me smile to see your comments, have a wonderful new week, stay warm and safe honey, hugs always xx

      Delete