Tuesday 6 October 2020

Blogtober Day 6: Crafting Smiles...

 Hi Honeys, 

Smiles ahoy today (I hope) for the 6th day of Blogtober ๐Ÿ˜Š  Do you love crafting dear ones? I do ๐Ÿ˜Š   I'm no good at it, I can't draw a straight line but crafting makes me smile and it calms me and I just love it ๐Ÿ’– 

Today I thought I'd share some of my crafting smiles ๐Ÿ˜Š

Crafting Smiles, sharing some happy smiles :)

Do you adore ladybirds as much as I do?  I started painting pebbles a while ago now and I just had to try to make some ladybird pebbles ๐Ÿž  

Crafting Smiles, sharing some happy smiles :) I adore these little ladybird painted pebbles :)

I can remember seeing these gorgeous little garden helpers (they keep your roses free of aphids you know) everywhere when I was younger but now they seem to be as rare as the beautiful butterflies who used to be constant visitors in our garden too and are now so rarely seen.

I tried to create my favourite kind of day on a pebble (is that an odd thing to do honeys?) and it turned out like this... 

Crafting Smiles, sharing some happy smiles :) I made my perfect day on a pebble :)

Endless greener than green grass, blue skies that go on forever with the lightest, fluffiest clouds and a couple of birds enjoying it all ๐Ÿ’–

I even tried to paint some fruit onto pebbles (as you do :) You can see them in the photo below, in various stages of being painted...

Crafting Smiles, sharing some happy smiles :) Painting pebbles and moulding air dry clay are my favourite crafts right now :)

From left to right:  A lemon, a strawberry, two pears (only one with leaves so far) and a red apple ๐Ÿ˜Š

Above them is a small trinket dish I made for a dear friend in the shape of a watermelon.  The underside is painted in a darker green.

I love creating things with air dry clay honeys.  I've been collecting cookie cutters to use with the clay and have even made tree ornaments.  They're fun to pop inside Christmas cards to family and friends and if you have little ones at home it's a great activity they'll love.

Crafting Smiles, sharing some happy smiles :) Painting pebbles and moulding air dry clay are my favourite crafts right now :)

I'm always on the look-out for new cookie cutters in interesting shapes and Hubby has brought me quite a few that have become my favourites (thank you sweetheart x).  One of the sets he found for me included cutters in the shape of a dress, a shoe and (as shown below) a perfume bottle and a lipstick. 

Crafting Smiles, sharing some happy smiles :) Painting pebbles and moulding air dry clay are my favourite crafts right now :)

Do you enjoy crafting honeys?  If so, which are your favourite crafts?  I hope you're having a fabulous day and staying warm. Till next time dear ones, hugs always xx

Huggles always, Rosie xx

2 comments:

  1. So cute - I think doing some painting is such a great relaxing activity :) Thanks for sharing!
    Jenna ♥
    Stay in touch? Life of an Earth Muffin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenna, so sweet of you to visit honey, thank you x Painting my little pebbles really does make me smile and I had so much fun making those Christmas tree decorations :-)

      I loved your fabulous post on green washing, where a company will spend more on marketing themselves as environmentally friendly than on actually improving their practices.

      I hadn't ever heard the term before and wanted to share so I've pinned it, I hope that's ok. Thank you again for visiting, stay warm and safe honey, it's getting chilly already, winter is on its way I think, hugs always x

      Delete