Sunday 18 October 2020

Blogtober Day 18: Countdown to Spring Begins Today...

Hi Honeys,
This morning I woke up and made the mistake of going downstairs without my slippers, as soon as my foot touched the icy cold downstairs laminate flooring (all carpet upstairs) I decided it was past time for me to start (properly) my yearly countdown to spring 😊 

It's my coping mechanism I suppose, for the (too) dark, (too) long nights we have on the West Coast of Scotland.  It's already, as discovered by my poor feet this morning, much colder and in just a few weeks it will be dark as midnight by 4 pm, and will stay that way until around 9 am next morning.  It drains all of my energy away every year, it really does.    
 
So, here we are dear ones, there are 153 days till spring...

Countdown to spring has started today...

Ideally, I could just hibernate till next March.  Off I'd go upstairs with our furbaby Jade (she doesn't like winter either, bless her) a hot water bottle and enough favourite movies and box set dvds to keep us busy till the seasons behave themselves and the garden had woken up from its (too) long winter nap.

First to appear most years are our gorgeous peonies...

Countdown to spring has started today.  Our beautiful peonies are always the first sign of spring arriving.

Peonies are so, so beautiful when they burst into life but they're only in bloom for such a short time honeys. Only a few weeks, but while there, they're the highlight of our back garden 🌹

In our tiny front garden are the rose shrubs we planted in memory of my much loved Grammy and equally adored Mother-in-law...
  
Countdown to spring has started today.  I haven't been able to spend as long in the garden with our roses this year so I can't wait till the buds start to appear again in spring.

Every year they get more beautiful and every year they mean more to me (if that's even possible.)  I was blessed to have these two strong, brave, wonderful women in my life and, because they both loved roses as much as I do, caring for their roses helps me to keep them close.  I miss them both so much and in winter I miss their roses too.

Right now the lawn in the back garden is collecting the leaves from the sycamore trees that run the length of the lane behind our home...  

Countdown to spring has started today. Mostly though, I want to sit with our furbaby Jade in the garden, under the sycamore trees, and watch the birds at their feeders and just enjoy the sunshine, and I want to do all this without feeling so cold my nose tingles.

While it's already too chilly to be outside for very long, I look forward to springtime when I can sit outside again with Jade, watch the birds at their feeders and just enjoy the sunshine and mostly, I want to be able to do all this without feeling so cold my nose and cheeks tingle 😊      

What's your favourite season honeys?  Till next time, stay warm and safe everybody, hugs always xx

Hugs always, Rosie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment