Sunday 4 October 2020

Blogtober Day 4: Wishing you all of your dreams and rainbows honeys

 Hi Honeys, 

How are you today?  It's been such a beautiful, sunny day but a chilly breeze appeared to remind me that it's no longer summer.  

Are you thinking about the future?  I've been wrestling with a decision for weeks now and it's been made so much more difficult by the overwhelming uncertainty and an atmosphere of negativity in the media.  

This awful virus is causing pain and loss and seems to be draining all of the positives out of this beautiful, wonderful world we live in.   

Blogtober day 4: Wishing you all of your dreams and rainbows honeys, you deserve to be happy x

It's so easy dear ones, to forget how blessed we all are.  As a child I was taught to count my blessings. My sweet Grammy always told me that every morning, when I opened my eyes, I should look around me.  If I had a roof over my head, a safe bed to sleep in and food in the house, I was luckier than so many in the world and I should take a minute to say thank you to my angels.  

It's so easy to take our blessings for granted.  To not even notice them. It's far easier to notice the tiny annoyances in our day to day lives instead, so when something bad happens it can just feel like another "low" in an already low day. 

The great thing is though honeys, we always control our mood.  Yes, bad things happen.  We should absolutely acknowledge them, deal with these situations and their fall-out, but once dealt with, we have to move on.  To stay angry, or upset only hurts ourselves. 

Please understand, I'm not talking about bereavements here.  I've lost so many loved ones over the years, including both sets of parents, my own and my much loved Mum and Dad in law who I always dearly wished could have been my real parents too (greedy I know but I loved them.) Too many lost to not know the pain it can bring and to know how that loss forever changes us.

I'm instead talking about the turns our lives take that we'd rather they didn't.  I've never been comfortable with change, but might it not be better to see these changes as opportunities instead of threats?  That the things that "upset the apple cart" can, as the old saying goes, happen for a reason? Maybe they're moving us onto a better path?      

Blogtober day 4: Wishing you all of your dreams and rainbows honeys, you deserve to be happy x

Maybe there really is a rainbow in every cloud. We just have to find it honeys.  

I'm so wishing that you find your dreams and your rainbows, and that you find all of the joy they hold.  Bad things, like clouds, eventually roll on past.  We just have to hold on till they do and while we wait, make some plans and dream some dreams 💖  

Till next time dear ones, stay warm and safe, love and hugs always xx 

Blogtober day 4: Wishing you all of your dreams and rainbows honeys, you deserve to be happy x

No comments:

Post a Comment