Thursday 29 October 2020

Blogtober Day 29: Halloween Fairy Cakes And A Frighteningly Fun Free Printable πŸŽƒ

 Disclaimer: I haven't been paid to promote any products or stores, just hoping to share some Halloween fun x 

Hi Honeys,  
How are you today?  All well I hope and looking forward to Halloween, even if it does seem to have had the fun drained from it...  

No trick or treating in Scotland but we can still have fun on Halloween.

No trick or treating this year, because of this horrible virus. The advice is different depending where you live in the UK, but here in Scotland going door to door is "not advised."  You can read the advice in the press here honeys.  

This will be the first year in over 20 years that we haven't made up treat bags for our visiting trick or treaters. This time last year we were surrounded by boxes of sweets, toys, balloons and even little bottles of Halloween bubbles, with Hubby and I each filling bags as we do every year.  It's the most fun, it's one of our traditions and we spend ages choosing things for the wee ones bags.  

It can't be helped with this virus situation though, so on Saturday night Hubby and I will make some popcorn & snacks and watch the Charlie Brown Halloween special and maybe choose a few other favourite Halloween themed dvds.  

It'll be fun, because when Hubby, Jade and I all watch dvds it's like an episode of Mystery Science Theatre 3000 at times 😊   We pretty much talk all through the movie, which we'll have seen a million times anyway, and laugh our heads off πŸ˜„ if you haven't seen MST3000 (surely not!)  you can see a trailer here) Like I said, it'll be fun but it won't be the same without tiny ghouls and ghosts visiting and the fun of making up all of those treat bags.  

We might have a laugh in the kitchen and do some baking 😊 We still have Halloween supplies left from a couple of years ago.  I had bought two packs of tiny Halloween themed fairy cake cases and toppers when they went on sale back then, then after Halloween they ended up in a clearance bin so I bought some more and even though we've used lots of them we still have a few left. Maybe another couple of Halloweens and I'll have to buy more 😊 Do you remember me posting about them honeys?

Baking fun for Halloween and a free frighteningly fun fairy cake recipe printable.

The "silhouette" candelabra is still pretty fabulous and gets brought out every year 😊 I found it in Asda (Walmart) along with the rectangular paper serving plates and those adorable little webbed fairy cake cases with the matching "spider wearing a party hat" toppers I was just talking about. The goblet came from Poundland.
 
My favourite item though is still the silicone muffin mould, it came from Poundland too, you'll probably still find it there (or in Dollar Store) the cakes always turn out perfectly and I think they look pretty awesome dusted in icing sugar...

Baking fun for Halloween and a free frighteningly fun fairy cake recipe printable.

Of course, if we do end up baking I'm sure Hubby will want to use the Doctor Who moulds again too πŸ’– We'll end up eating muffins for days 😊

Baking fun for Halloween and a free frighteningly fun fairy cake recipe printable.

Those fairy cakes really are adorable though, with the spiders in their party hats 😊  They make me smile every time I see them 😊  You'd never believe I used to have such a fear of them, would you? Spiders that is.  I once woke up,  opening my eyes just in time to see one run off my face and across my pillow away from me... I woke the house up (and the neighbours lol) Now if I see one, I wish him a good day and be extra careful not to step on him.  It costs nothing to be kind πŸ’—

Baking fun for Halloween and a free frighteningly fun fairy cake recipe printable.

Speaking of fairy cakes, I thought I'd share a printable I made a few years ago, it's just a basic sponge mixture but it still makes me smile, so I thought I'd share, in the hope that it makes you smile too πŸ’– 


A Frighteningly Fun Free Printable πŸŽƒ


Halloween Cupcakes And A Frighteningly Fun Free Printable πŸŽƒ

If you'd like to download a copy, you can find it here.  Set your printer to "print to fit" and it should print in A4.  Enjoy x 

Maybe next year this awful virus will be gone and the world can go back to normal. I'm praying for that to happen honeys. Don't let it spoil your Halloween honeys. Trick or treating might be out, but there's always fun you can have at home.  Plan a movie night, make snacks, everybody dress up anyway! Whatever you're doing, have fun 😊 

Till next time dear ones, stay warm and safe, hugs always xx

Halloween baking and a frighteningly fun free printable recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment