Thursday 22 October 2020

Blogtober Day 21: Two Of My Favourite Autumn Smiles ๐Ÿ˜Š

Disclaimer: I haven't been paid to promote any products  ๐Ÿ˜Š  As someone who lives for Spring (and tolerates autumn and winter to get there) I just wanted to share a little smile that's only available at this time of year, one that I do look forward to ๐Ÿ˜Š   

Hi Honeys, 

If you've read any of my posts you'll know that I'm not a great fan of this time of year.  Every year, for as long as I can remember, even as a child, I've wanted to sleep till spring comes back again.  I don't like the cold, dark, far-too-long, days and nights.  Nope, not for me, honeys. 

I live for spring, when the garden starts to wake up around me I always feel better, even my arthritis seems to ease a little.  Mostly, I live in dread of the approach of autumn and winter and start a count down to spring every year ๐Ÿ˜Š  

There are, of course, smiles to be found at this time of year.  I just find them so much harder to find is all, but they do exist and it's important to acknowledge these smiles and be thankful for them ๐Ÿ’—  

Two of my favourite autumn smiles :)

Forever first in my autumn smiles list is watching Hubby and our furbaby Jade from the kitchen window, clearing the garden of the fallen leaves
๐Ÿ’–   

Hubby will spend the longest time gathering up the leaves into a huge pile, with our baby Jade following him around, picking up leaves around him to play with and occasionally dropping her tennis ball at his feet for him to throw for her.  We adore our baby and Hubby doesn't even mind that when he's built up a huge pile of leaves, that Jade runs into it ๐Ÿ˜Š He just smiles and tidies the leaves away when she's finished playing ๐Ÿ’•

There is though, something only available at this time of year, something that's usually only added to most people's shop to decorate the tree with, but after the year that's just passed, maybe buying an extra pack of this yummy treat could be forgiven?  

Rosie, what are you waffling about? I hear you ask honeys ๐Ÿ˜ƒ Candy canes, dear ones.  Those lovely little holiday treats, and of course you could just go ahead and eat them, but why not make them into a proper treat? Why not do this...

How to make your hot chocolate into a real treat

If you have any candy canes on hand already honeys, why not grab one and head to the kitchen.  If you don't, I so wish I could pass one along to you through the internet๐Ÿ’–  File this idea away till you have a few on hand dear ones, it really is a treat ☕  Off we go then to the kitchen to gather the following supplies...

Yummy, Minty Hot Chocolate 

1 large mug
Milk
Your favourite cocoa mix
and of course.... your candy cane :)
Optional extra: some lovely cream :) Freshly whipped cream is a real treat but a can of squeezy cream works too.

Directions:

  1. Warm your milk until it's lovely and hot 
  2. Carefully mix through your cocoa till it's all combined with the milk taking care not to burn yourself
  3. Add your cream to the top if you want to (this is supposed to be a wee treat after all)
  4. Pop your candy cane into your mug and take your lovely creamy hot chocolate to somewhere comfy and put your feet up. 
  5. Relax and enjoy! The candy cane will melt quite quickly so use it to stir your hot chocolate and you'll be left with the most delicious, yummy minty hot chocolate :) 

Why not make lots of yummy hot chocolate, gather candy canes and share with loved ones? Children will love stirring their hot chocolate with a candy cane. Why not forget about the housework for a while honeys, make some yummy hot chocolate, some lovely memories and get to the housework later ๐Ÿ˜Š Enjoy ๐Ÿ’–

Till next time dear ones, huggles always xxx

Hugs always honeys, Rosie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment