Tuesday 5 October 2021

Blogtober Day 5: A Book To Calm The Mind As Well As The Home..

Disclaimer: I haven't been paid to recommend this book, I found it while browsing for home organisation inspiration and loved it so much I thought I'd share x  

Hi Honeys, 

How is your day going?  It's getting decidedly chillier here. I actually laughed when I read the weather report mention snow a few days ago but now I'm not so sceptical.  Oh dear, it must be almost time for our furbaby Jade and I to make like little bears and go hide out till spring I think (only 167 days 😊) Jade doesn't like the cold either, we talk about these things 😊   

Well anyway, welcome to day five of Blogtober dear ones 😊  Today I thought I'd share one of the most beautiful books I've read in a very long time...

How to make space: This beautiful book aims to help the reader find calm in their mind as well as in their homes.

I discovered this little treasure of a book while in search of home organisation inspiration and I'm so glad I did.💖 

The irony of my ever-growing collection of home organisation related books in a house that feels as if it's so full it'll burst at any moment is not lost on me honeys, but books are as essential to me as the air I breathe.  I'll admit that I might be a lost cause when it comes to books, it remains to be seen 😊  With regards to everything else cluttering our home... well, it's time to get serious.  More on that later in the month, I think. 

Back then, to this fabulous book...

How to make space: This beautiful book aims to help the reader find calm in their mind as well as in their homes.

Not only is it incredibly calming to the eye, thanks to the gorgeous illustrations of JoAnne Parry, but this is a little book that covers a lot of ground. 

The text of the book is written by Dr Arlene K. Unger, she's a clinical psychologist and a wellness coach, based in California, and the book covers far more than how to declutter and organise your home.

In fact, while it does offer tips on how to de-junk your dwelling, Dr Unger also addresses all kinds of spaces that might need our attention.  In the introduction alone she discusses space in terms of our homes, our bodies, our minds and even our calendars (how we use our time) saying that when we start to make improvements in one area, the gains we make will start to spill over into the other areas as well.  

It does sound like an obvious observation, if we use our various spaces better - we'll feel better, but the connections between our various "spaces" and more importantly some excellent common sense suggestions towards making improvements in each area, is explained beautifully.    

How to make space: This beautiful book aims to help the reader find calm in their mind as well as in their homes.

There is a lot of ground covered in the 174 pages and it's written in such an engaging manner that reading it really is a pleasure.  There are so many ideas and theories to take in and digest in this beautiful little book and of course, turning each page is made even more enjoyable by the beyond beautiful artwork.  

How to make space: This beautiful book aims to help the reader find calm in their mind as well as in their homes.

Honestly honeys, I can't say enough good things about this little book!  One thing is for sure though, when we're sorting and decluttering our book collection, which I know we'll have to do since Hubby and I are both keen readers and there are books everywhere, I won't be parting with it.  It's a keeper 💖  

Over to you honeys, have you read anything recently you'd recommend?  Do you have a new favourite book?  Please let me know if you're taking part in Blogtober this year, and maybe leave a link to your blog or channel?  I'd love to visit and say hello x

Thank you so much for visiting and keeping me company, till tomorrow, hugs always xx 

Hugs always, Rosie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment