Wednesday 20 October 2021

Blogtober Day 20: Another Tiny Organising Project ๐Ÿ˜Š

Disclaimer: I haven't been paid to promote any products or stores, just sharing a mini organising project that's made me smile x 

Hi Honeys,

Welcome, welcome, welcome.๐Ÿ’—  How are you today?  All well, I hope and staying warm.  Our furbaby Jade is happily napping as I write this, in her wee fluffy doughnut bed, by the fire.๐Ÿ’– Hubby's working from home today, so he's upstairs in his den/office and I thought that while I have some time to myself I'd share another tiny organising project.  

After spending a few years (years! Good grief, you'd think we'd be all done and have a wonderfully organised home by now, wouldn't you?) battling the clutter store-room that is supposed to be our home, I've actually found out something... well.. odd.  

First, I've found out that over the past thirty years or so Hubby and I have collected (far) too much stuff (ya think, Rosie?๐Ÿ˜Š) and second, we seem to have the most success in organising tiny spaces.  Rooms seem to just re-clutter themselves in spite of our efforts but if you go upstairs and open Hubby's sock or tee-shirt drawers (among my very first organising projects) they're still exactly as they were, better actually because we bought sets of those assorted sized Skubb drawer organisers for Hubby's socks/underwear drawer (and mine too actually.)  

It's a constant battle to stop clutter accumulating on our main counter in the kitchen but we still don't have a junk drawer in there, with all of the drawers impeccably organised.❤ So, I've decided honeys, what if, instead of trying to organise whole spaces, I see the rooms as lots of tiny spaces.  A collection of drawers and cupboard and shelf projects that will eventually become a room that's (hopefully๐Ÿ˜Š) as beautifully organised as our (former) kitchen junk drawer (which you can see here.)   

With that in mind, and after the success of my last tiny organising project (using teeny tiny bamboo planters! You can see them here honeys) I thought today I'd share another (really) tiny project that took no time at all but I've been meaning to get around to for a while.. 

Another tiny organising project - fun in the pantry.

We recently invested in some new, air-tight, storage containers for the kitchen honeys and, even though I can see at a glance what's in them, we also bought some labels (complete with their own chalk pen, how clever is that?) 

While on Amazon, ordering our baby Jade's kibble and some treats for her (she is not spoiled, she's just loved a really, really lot.๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ˜Š) well, while there I also ordered a pack of those sticky-on, business card holders (or pockets as it says on the packaging)... 
  
Another tiny organising project - fun in the pantry.

After our weekly shop was picked up by Hubby (thank you sweetheart x) I set about washing out the new containers and made a start on attaching the labels...
 
Another tiny organising project - fun in the pantry.

After doing that, I attached the sticky-on business card holders (or pockets) to the bottom of the containers, at the back.  I did this to avoid making the containers "look messy."  Why bother adding pretty labels if you're just going to add visual clutter and spoil them, I thought. 

Another tiny organising project - fun in the pantry.

If you look closely at the pocket (which on this container only contains a sell-by date label from the packaging) you'll see that they're quite large, certainly larger than I thought they'd be.  I think this will be quite useful though because for some products maybe I'll want to add the instructions from the original packaging, as well as when it's to be used by?

As I said, this little project took no time at all really, but it's made such a difference to our little pantry and it's making me smile.๐Ÿ˜Š  Now I have to go look for another tiny organising project to do next and, you never know, if I keep going, someday I might end up with that organised-to-within-an-nth-degree house we'd love to have.๐Ÿ˜ƒ  I'll keep you posted honeys.๐Ÿ’–

Well, our baby Jade has woken up from her nap, bless her, so I'll go for now and fetch our baby her natural yogurt and start another load of laundry.  I hope you're having a fab day dear ones, stay warm and safe everybody and thank you for keeping me company today.๐Ÿ’–  Till next time, hugs always x 

Hugs always, Rosie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment