Sunday 24 October 2021

Blogtober Day 24: Halloween Home Decor Tweaks And Smiles...

Disclaimer:  I haven't been paid to recommend any products or shops, just sharing some smiles x

Hi Honeys,

How are you today?  We're back to rain, cold and general, all-round icky weather again.๐Ÿ˜’ Well, at least we haven't had snow yet I suppose.  Every year I say the same thing, I want to hibernate like a bear and every year I never get to do it.  I need a little cave for our furbaby Jade and I to hide away in, she doesn't like the cold icky weather either bless her.    

Smiles are always desperately needed at this time of year.  The clocks will change soon and then it will be almost continual darkness, with a tiny window of less than six hours of what is laughably called daylight (more like day-gloom) each day, till they change back in March.  

So, as I said honeys, smiles, even little ones, are desperately needed  and today Hubby brought me something home that led to this...

Home decor tweaks and smiles...

Can't help it, I'm smiling again ๐Ÿ˜Š  This little shelf unit in our living room has become my wee "happy shelf."๐Ÿ˜Š  It's an homage to Hogwarts.๐Ÿ˜  My Harry Meerkat,in his little Gryfindor robes, was first of all joined by an adorable wee wizard gnome a couple of years ago (a gift from a dear friend, thank you Sarah xx) who (of course!) I named Albus. 

Then just recently, they were joined by a lovely little witch gnome (a gift from Hubby, thank you honey xx) and (again, of course!) I named her Minerva (after Professor McGonagall.) 

I already shared this little shelf of happy honeys, but I've tweaked it a wee bit and I'm so excited I just wanted to share.๐Ÿ˜Š  There hasn't been a whole lot of happy around here for a while so I'm happy about my happy.๐Ÿ˜ƒ 

Do you remember how the shelf was?  Both Minerva and Albus gnomes had a cauldron shaped mug sitting next to them, which are lovely but actual cauldrons are better, yes? Plus, those cauldron mugs should be full of lovely hot chocolate and marshmallows in this cold weather.๐Ÿ˜‹

You might remember that Hubby brought me home this little ceramic dish in the shape of a cauldron...  

Home decor tweaks and smiles: This adorable little ceramic cauldron has a perfect home in our living room...

Well, today he brought me another one (thank you sweetheart x) and I had an idea...

Home decor tweaks and smiles: This adorable little ceramic cauldron has a perfect home in our living room...

Minerva suddenly had a proper cauldron instead of a mug...

 Home decor tweaks and smiles: These adorable little ceramic cauldrons are the perfect finishing touch to my "happy shelf" and they're making me smile.

Then Albus got a new cauldron too...

Home decor tweaks and smiles: These adorable little ceramic cauldrons are the perfect finishing touch to my "happy shelf" and they're making me smile.

Hubby had already bought me a gorgeous little candle, caramel apple and violet scented, set in a perfect little ceramic cauldron.๐Ÿ’–  I could burn the candle and then clean it out and re-use it as Harry's cauldron on his wee shelf.๐Ÿ˜Š 

As you can see, Harry's cauldron has a teeny, tiny wicked witch of the west siting in front of it.  This tiny witch's green globe lights up and there is a sort of smoke that swirls around inside.  You can see it all lit up here honeys.  

Here it is then, my little shelf of happy.๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ’–


Home decor tweaks and smiles: These adorable little ceramic cauldrons are the perfect finishing touch to my "happy shelf" and they're making me smile.

What's making you happy right now honeys?  We need lots more happy in the world. If we all share our happy, imagine how many smiles we'll have?๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ’– 

I hope you're had the best weekend dear ones, wishing you a wonderful week ahead and, till next time, sending a mountain of hugs x

 
Hugs always, Rosie x

No comments:

Post a Comment