Friday 22 October 2021

Blogtober Day 22: Apologies...

Hi Honeys, 

Apologies for the short post today.  I had to go to the health centre yesterday to attend an appointment and I'm still feeling exhausted.  

Fellow Spoonies will be already nodding their heads while reading this (passes out very gentle hugs to fellow spoonies, hoping you're having a "spare spoons" kind of day, dear ones.💖 )  

For today's post then, I thought I'd share another image (or two) from Hubby's trip into the City to the latest open day of The Glasgow Vintage Vehicle Trust.   

This is a beautiful vintage 1959 Beardmore Mark VII taxi with gorgeous vintage luggage already aboard.

Glasgow Vintage Vehicle Trust Open Day Oct 2021 - A Beautiful Beardmore Mark VII Taxi (1959)


Hubby had a great time at the open day, as always, and took lots of photos.  I'm hoping to share them when I get a chance to sit and edit them (they're all huge, hi res images.)  There are so many buses (Hubby's a bus enthusiast extraordinaire💖) a couple of classic cars (who appear in the upcoming Indiana Jones movie) and lots of others too. Of all of the images though, this gorgeous taxi is definitely my favourite!  

I'm a vintage kinda gal honeys (have you seen my vintage board on Pinterest? It's a work in progress with over 5,000 pins, which I've been trying for a while now to get organised into folders.💗) I think the taxi is beyond beautiful and there is the Scottish connection too, given that the Beardmore company started out life on the Scottish shipyards. 

There is a page here, at Bonhams Auction House, for a similar vehicle (the one Hubby saw is privately owned) but the page has lots of interesting information about the Company's history.    

From the Glasgow Vintage Vehicle Trust - A beautiful vintage 1959 Beardmore Mark VII taxi sits ready to travel, with vintage luggage already aboard.

For today though, I hope you like the photos (and thanks to Hubby for sharing them💖) I really will share the others in an upcoming post, I promise.  I just have to find a day when I'm not running on empty as I have been recently.  

Till next time dear ones, stay warm and safe everybody, hugs always x  

Thank you honeys for being so sweet, hugs always, Rosie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment