Tuesday 19 October 2021

Blogtober Day 19: Halloween Decor Fun πŸŽƒ

Disclaimer: I haven't been paid to promote any products or shops honeys, just sharing my latest smiles x

Hi Honeys, 

How are you today?  Isn't it getting chilly in the mornings?  Our furbaby Jade wasn't keen on going out this morning at all, bless her.  She came straight back home and back to bed, snuggled under her blanket and back to sleep again.πŸ’– 

I'm still counting down to spring, as I do every year (it's 152 days till March 20th, the first day of spring in case you're curious😊) but I'm sure there are smiles to be found to pass the time till then.😊   

Speaking of smiles...  

Halloween Decor Fun...

How adorable is this little bowl honeys?  I fell in love with it as soon as I saw it.πŸ’–  Hubby brought it home for me yesterday and it's still sitting in the middle of the coffee table because it's making me smile so much.😊  It's just perfect! 

It's ceramic, with a shiny glaze and, as you can see, says "spooky spells" across the front... 

Halloween Decor Fun: I'm loving this little bowl

The back of the little bowl is plain green, and is "held" on either side by skeletal fingers!

Halloween Decor Fun: I'm loving this little bowl

Hubby said it was available in black as well as green, he'd spotted it before on a previous visit (he spotted it in One Below) but when he went in to bring one home for me they only had the little green version left.  

You know, now that I'm typing this, it dawns on me it's a cauldron!  Of course it is, by the little lip shape at the top. How did I not see that before?  I love it even more now.😊

Halloween Decor Fun: I'm loving this little bowl

Two new cauldrons in a week! Did you see the other tiny cauldron Hubby brought me home a few days ago?  It's a caramel apple and violet scented candle and is the perfect shape for my Harry Meerkat gnome in his Gryffindor robes.  If you missed it, you can see the tiny cauldron (and Harry) here.😊  

I'm being spoiled honeys.πŸ’–  Hubby also brought me home this little silver tea light holder in the shape of a ghost... 

Halloween Decor Fun: A little silver ghost shaped tealight holder will be a lovely addition to our decor.

I think he's adorable and, being silver, makes him very "us" since Hubby and I have always both been huge sci fi fans.πŸ‘½ It's how we met actually, in the queue outside the cinema.😊 

Halloween is, by far, my favourite holiday.πŸŽƒ  I'm really looking forward to decorating our tiny entryway/mudroom again this year.  I had the best time when I last collected all of our Halloween decor and spent such a while picking out the perfect things to set out by the front door. I can't believe that was two years ago. 

Halloween Decor Fun: I'm so looking forward to decorating our little entryway/mudroom again this week.

It was the first time I'd tried decorating our little entryway/mudroom.  Of course, with Covid etc last years trick or treating was cancelled, and no-one seems to know what's happening this year yet.  

This hasn't been the best year honeys, so I'm choosing to believe that things will get better.  So, this week coming, I'll set about decorating our little entryway/mudroom again (if nothing else it might make the postman smile.😊)    

Halloween Decor Fun: I'm so looking forward to decorating our little entryway/mudroom again this week.

It's such a shame that Halloween falls on a Sunday this year, it's much more fun when it's on a Friday or Saturday because it has a "weekend party" feel already built in.  

Never mind, for the Saturday night we can choose some DVDs for a movie double (or triple) bill and I'll have some fun in the kitchen baking cinnamon apple crumble or gingerbread cookies, while Hubby can make some popcorn.πŸ˜‹  Jade loves popcorn.😊 No toppings on Jade's popcorn though, of course.  Just plain popped corn for furbabies, being careful to remove all of the un-popped kernals too.  Then Hubby, Jade and I can have a Halloween themed movie night.πŸŽƒ  

We've already bought a huge supply of sweets, balloons and tiny toys so we can make up lots of treat bags as we always do.  When choosing which sweets to buy we made sure they were all individually wrapped (like the little bags of Haribo gummies etc) and now all we have to do is to spend a few hours making up all of the bags...   

Halloween Decor Fun: Our favourite part of Halloween every year is making up the treat bags for our trick or treaters.

Making up the treat bags for visiting tiny humans is one of my favourite parts of Halloween.πŸŽƒ 

What are you looking forward to most about Halloween honeys?  Will you be having a movie night too?  Will you be baking?  Will there be trick or treating near you this year?  

Thank you for keeping me company today, stay warm and safe everybody, hugs always xx    

Hugs always, Rosie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment