Friday 25 October 2019

Blogtober Day 25: Friday Smiles & Butterflies..

Disclaimer: I haven't been paid to promote any products or shops, just wanted to share some smiles x

Hi Honeys
How are you today? Staying warm I hope?  It's gotten so chilly this past few days, at the moment we're into the afternoon and have reached the dizzying heights of 7C.

I thought for today's Blogtober post (can you believe there's only a week left!) I'd share some past air dry clay shapes I'd made, and hopefully a few smiles too 😊

Friday smiles and butterflies: crafting fun with air dry clay

I so wish I was able to make some of the fabulous things I've seen on Pinterest, but I'm grateful for the fun I have with some cookie cutters and a large pack of air dry clay...
Of course, the cookie cutters I use for crafting are never used to make actual cookies honeys, so I like to collect interesting cookie cutter shapes for my crafting collection...

Friday smiles and butterflies: crafting fun with air dry clay - the clay shapes are allowed to dry.

As you can see, in the image above, some of my projects have included the butterfly shapes (mentioned in the title of this post) as well as a couple of Doctor Who inspired shapes and a shoe, perfume bottle and lipstick.

The Doctor Who characters I made as a surprise for Hubby. He's a huge Doctor Who fan, or Whovian, and I thought they'd make him smile, and they so did, bless him 💖

Friday smiles and butterflies: crafting fun with air dry clay - once dry, the shapes can be painted.

I painted the Cyberman and K9 shapes in silver.  I know I'm really rubbish at all this crafting stuff honeys but I really do love it and I'm hoping it can help me to maintain the movement in my fingers and hands (in spite of the arthritis.)

I think the lipstick, shoe and perfume bottle definitely need more practice, on the painting front at least, and I will go back and try to make them again... 

Friday smiles and butterflies: crafting fun with air dry clay - once dry, the shapes can be painted.

What I was most happy with though were these little butterflies...

Friday smiles and butterflies: crafting fun with air dry clay - once dry, the shapes can be painted.  For these sparkly butterflies I used glittery paint and added ribbons.

As you can see in the image at the top (where they were all left to dry) after cutting out the shapes with the cookie cutters, I had made little holes for the ribbons.  I used a pencil to do this and once dry, they were painted before finally adding the ribbons.  I love the way they sparkle when they move and catch the light 💖

The latest additions to my crafting collection are Halloween themed cookie cutters 🎃  We already have some Halloween cookie cutters in our large container in the kitchen but those are for baking and, as I said, I never use craft cutters for cookies or vice versa. 

The latest additions to my crafting collection are these Halloween themed cookie cutters, which I'll use with air dry clay.

This little set has (from the top row, left hand side) a pumpkin, a cat, a bat and (from bottom row, left hand side) a grave/tomb stone (not sure I like that, but maybe I could make a Beetleguese stone? I do love that movie 😊) a ghost and a haunted house. 

What's been making you smile this week dear ones?  Please stay warm, I think winter temperatures want to say hello to us, never mind, it won't be so long till we're seeing spring arrive again 🌹

I have to go get organised for work, another late shift tonight.  Till next time honeys, stay warm, have fun, smile lots and hug even more 💖  Hugs always x

Hugs always, Rosie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment