Thursday 24 October 2019

Blogtober Day 24: Could You Live On An Island? Who, Or What, Would You Bring?

Hi Honeys
Could you live on an island? Away from the world?  I could.  I'm actually quite an awesome hermit. Seriously, for most of the week our furbaby Jade and I are here alone while Hubby is at work and we can go days without seeing another person unless the postman knocks on the door.

Do I ever get lonely? Oddly enough no. I chat with friends online and Jade & I are very happy in our little world.  I suffer from anxiety honeys, and as much as I adore my part time job, I'm not at my best out in the world and I really do prefer being at home with my little furry buddy all day until Hubby gets home too.

Could you live on an island?  Who, or what, would you bring?

I know from talking to others at work that I'm not alone either in my (almost) isolation from the world.  In fact, it seems to me that the more connected the world has become, with wifi everywhere, face-time and skype replacing being in the same room as friends and family and many people working from home even,  the more isolated people have become from each other. 

So, if cast adrift on a tropical island... what? It would have to be warm honeys, seriously! Cold and damp are not my friend since arthritis decided to befriend me and if I'm even going to contemplate isolated island life I'm going to want some sunshine and warm temperatures 😄 

Being a Scot, I'm the first to admit some of our tiny islands are stunningly beautiful but even the peace and quiet, far away from a too loud world, wouldn't make up for having to wear three sets of thermal underwear in June. 

OK, so if cast adrift on a warm, peaceful island, or in fact it's equivalent, our cosy little home where Jade & I (unless the postman calls) are castaways until Hubby gets home each evening 😊  Who or what would I want with me? 

Well, first on my list always are Hubby & Jade of course.  Our little family may not be the most exciting in the world, we're all carpet slippers and quiet evenings in our living room either reading or watching TV, but for me it's perfect 💖 I'm blessed honeys, our wee home may not be fancy but it's a very happy one 💗

Secondly, I'd like a way to keep in touch with online friends, so my laptop and wifi would make my list.  As would our book & DVD libraries (along with a way to watch them I suppose.)  Really though, I could stop at number one on my list, just to have Hubby & Jade with me would make me happy.  Even in a place that's cold and damp.  Like Scotland. 💖

If we are allowed a tiny luxury though, maybe we could have a tennis ball for Jade, she'd like that 💖  What would you take to an island with you honeys?  Do you ever long for an escape from the noise and the bustle of the world?  Do you crave tranquillity like I do?

Till next time dear ones, stay warm, smile lots and hug even more, hugs always x

Huggles Always, Rosie x    

No comments:

Post a Comment