Thursday 13 October 2022

Easiest Ever, Yummiest 2 ingredient Bread DoughπŸ₯–πŸž

Hi Honeys, 

How are you today?  All well I hope.  Our furbaby Jade has been keeping me company, as she always does, by snuggling up next to me on the sofa, bless her.πŸ’–  We've reached day thirteen of Blogtober and for today I thought I'd share one of our kitchen experiments.😊  

Hubby is often to be found in the kitchen with me these days. My mobility isn't so great anymore and I've been losing the sensation in my fingertips (apparently it might be something to do with my RA? They were going to test but lockdown happened) causing me to drop things sometimes. So, as I said honeys, Hubby and I are to be found in the kitchen together quite often and we love trying out new recipes.πŸ’—

We're always looking for interesting, new things to make and I'd spotted lots of people talking about a bread dough that only had two ingredients! There's no yeast, no waiting for dough to rise.  How does that work?  Does it work?  Would it work as well as the one ingredient ice cream did?  (which is wonderful by the way) We had to find out!😊

Easiest Ever, Yummiest, Two ingredient Bread πŸ₯–πŸž

There are 


Easiest Ever, Yummiest 2 ingredient Bread Rolls πŸ₯–πŸž


Ingredients:

1 cup of Self raising flour (also sometimes called all purpose flour) 
1 cup of Greek Yogurt (we used plain natural bio yogurt, because it's what we had honeys.  It's very thick and has bio live cultures.) 

Note:  Since I mostly I find recipes for Hubby and I to try online, they often have ingredients measurements listed in cups, such as 1 cup of flour.  This was confusing at first so I bought the sweetest little set of measuring cups.  They're ceramic and are little actual tea cups.  Love them.πŸ’–

I looked online though and apparently 1 cup of flour would be 125g and 1 cup of yogurt would be 16 tablespoons or 240ml or 8 fl oz.  Hope that helps if you're (like us) in the UK.πŸ’–  With this recipe though, it really does seem to be combining the flour with the yogurt and then if it's too sticky or too dry adjusting one of the ingredients just a little?  Let's get started then...πŸ€—
  

Directions:

1. First, we preheat the oven to 180C or 350F or gas mark 4.

2. Place your flour into the mixing bowl and add the yogurt...

Easiest Ever, Yummiest, Two ingredient Bread πŸ₯–πŸž Both ingredients are added to your mixing bowl.

I'm smiling while writing this because this is my favourite mixing bowl honeys.  I bought it as part of a set of two bowls, this one and the smaller version, a (very) long time ago and it makes me smile when I use it.  I like the colour of it, when the sun hits it a certain way, it goes from a yellow to a sort of citrus yellow/lime colour.  I wish I still had the other one.  It was the perfect size to set jellies in.  

2. Now we combine the yogurt and flour.  The dough will begin to come together quite quickly honeys but at some point, and it actually pains me to say this, but at some point mixing with a spatula isn't enough.  It is at this point that hands have to be used to continue mixing/kneading (just a little) the mix together...

Easiest Ever, Yummiest, Two ingredient Bread πŸ₯–πŸž Combine both ingredients until they begin to form a dough.

You might have heard me say already that I just can't bear getting anything on my hands.  Can't do it.  Nope. Not happening.😲 "Rosie...." I hear you say, "...what about your gardening that you love?"  I wear gloves and try really, really hard not to think about how dirty my hands would be without my gloves.😊🧀 I know, honeys.  There's no hope for me.  For as long as I can remember I've always been so fussy about my hands, especially when cooking.  Don't even get me started on "OXO mittens"😊

Luckily, I have a lovely Hubby who is braver than me and he took over mixing the soon-to-be dough for me (thank you sweetheart x) and it became this...

Easiest Ever, Yummiest, Two ingredient Bread πŸ₯–πŸž Place your dough onto a floured surface.

Remember, if your dough is too sticky honeys, add a little more flour and if it's too dry, just add a little more yogurt (a teaspoonful at a time, so as to not add too much.)

3.  Once your dough has combined, move it to a floured surface and knead it a little more.  If, like us you're making some bread rolls, divide the dough and shape into rolls...

Easiest Ever, Yummiest, Two ingredient Bread πŸ₯–πŸž Place your dough onto a floured surface and cut into quarters.

4.  We then placed the bread rolls onto a silicone baking sheet, on top of a cookie tray/sheet and drizzled a little olive oil.  

Easiest Ever, Yummiest, Two ingredient Bread πŸ₯–πŸž Place your rolls onto a baking sheet.

5. We then (although I forgot to snap a pic, sorry honeys!) used a pastry brush to brush a little olive oil over the top of the rolls and finished up by sprinkling a little dried Italian herbs (from our spice rail) over the top too.  

6.  They were then placed on the middle shelf of the pre-heated oven for 15-18 minutes.  Until they are beautifully golden brown...

Easiest Ever, Yummiest, Two ingredient Bread Rolls πŸ₯–πŸž

These rolls were so, so, so good honeys.πŸ˜‹  They were firm on the outside (I could tap them with a knife and they made a noise) but on the inside they were soft.  Perfect! 

The best thing is honeys, this same dough can be used to make so many other things.  Pizza, cheese rolls, bagels, cinnamon rolls, wraps, the list is almost endless!  

Hubby says he definitely wants to try this dough to make cinnamon rolls.  They're one of his favourite treats, we even tried a puff pastry version (which you can see here) so yes, we'll have to try making them using this dough.  

Have you tried making this two ingredient dough honeys?  If you have, what's your favourite dish to make with it?  Having tried one of the rolls, I'd like to try using it for homemade pizza, especially since we have lots of basil still growing in our little back door hanging herb garden.  

Till next time then dear ones, stay warm, have a fabulous day, evening or night, wherever you are in our little world.  Sending mountains of hugs always x

Hugs always, Rosie x

No comments:

Post a Comment