Sunday 23 October 2022

What Would Be At The End Of Your Rainbow?๐ŸŒˆ

Hi Honeys, 
How are you today? We've reached day twenty three of Blogtober, can you believe that?  We've had a lovely quiet day today.  It's still raining outside, it's been raining for days, so hubby hasn't been able to cut the grass or clear up the leaves as he'd planned.  I'm actually glad, it's chilly outside and I'd rather he was inside where it's warm with our furbaby Jade and me. 

I'm just not an autumn/winter person honeys.  If I ruled the world... (Love that song, such beautiful lyrics and heavenly voice of Harry Secombe singing them.๐Ÿฅฐ)  Beautiful songs aside though, if I did rule the world, among other changes, I'd have spring and summer in a constant loop.๐ŸŒž  

Goodbye to awful arthritis flares all through winter that try to turn me into a human pretzel.  Goodbye to losing all of the leaves for months from the gorgeous sycamore trees that line the back of our garden.  Goodbye to the almost constant smirry rain, the kind that seeps through your clothes and chills you right through to your bones.  

Mostly though honeys, goodbye to the more than eighteen hours of complete darker-than-midnight darkness we have in the deepest part of winter.  The darkness pulls the life out of me, it really does.  Happiness can be so much harder to find in those dark, winter months.  Is it any wonder that every year I long to hibernate until spring arrives and countdown the days?  It's one hundred and forty seven days actually, in case you're curious.๐Ÿ˜Š     

Wishes & Rainbows, what would be at the end of your rainbow honeys?

Have you ever wished you could find the end of a rainbow?  I have.  As a child I'm sure I read, or maybe I was told, that at the end of a rainbow would be a little magical being who would grant wishes if found.  

As I got older I read the magical being was a leprechaun, that he would have a crock of gold and if you caught him he'd either give you his crock of gold or would grant you a wish.  Well, even as a child this completely appalled me! 

Setting out to find the end of a rainbow would be an adventure, exactly the sort of thing that would appeal to my younger, Famous Five & Secret Seven novel loving self.๐Ÿ˜Š   To find it and to then demand personal property with menaces from the little person you find there, be it his gold (what if it's his pension!) or the granting of wishes, well, that's just not right!  I know, even as a child I over-thought everything.  I used to worry about the relative lack of supervisory adults in the Charlie Brown stories too, you know...

Rainbows & wishes..

What if instead, when we see a rainbow, especially a double rainbow like the one above, what if we just close our eyes and make a wish.  Not just any wish though, what if we give ourselves permission to wish for whatever we want more than anything else?  

Making wishes doesn't work Rosie! I hear you say.  OK then, suppose you're right?  What if wishing for the thing you want most doesn't make it magically appear?  Well, then at least you got to see a beautiful rainbow and now you're left with a clearer understanding of what you really want in life.  Now all you need is a plan... 

As beautiful Ms Mia Angelou said "your dreams won't work unless you do..."  Maybe by suspending disbelief, just for a moment, by allowing yourself to wish for what you want most, you would give yourself a destination, a goal. Maybe that's the real gift?   

Personally though, I'm not willing to give up on making wishes and hoping they'll come true.  It's been my experience, just sometimes, they do.  Just not always exactly how you expect them to.  Maybe sometimes we're sent what we need instead of what we want?  

Wishing all of your dreams come true honeys.๐Ÿ’– Till next time, thank you for keeping me company.  It means more than I can say, hugs always x

Hugs always, Rosie x

No comments:

Post a Comment