Saturday 8 October 2022

Music! Music! Music πŸ˜πŸ’•πŸŽ§πŸŽΌπŸŽ΅πŸŽΆπŸ˜Š

Disclaimer:  I haven't been paid to promote any artists or music, just sharing some happy smiles x 

Hi Honeys, 

 How are you today?  We're definitely starting to feel the change in the temperature here.  I'm writing this wearing my favourite cardigan.  It's a gorgeous, snuggly, warmer-than-anything, cream coloured Arran knit one.  It was knitted for me by a very dear friend, now sadly passed and every time I wear it, I'm wrapped up in so many memories of her.

Today is day eight of Blogtober dear ones and I thought I'd write one of my favourite posts of Blogtober - it's the shuffle post!!πŸ˜πŸ’•πŸ˜Š 

Shuffling my music and listing the first 15, random tracks :-)

Yes, yes, I know! Everybody streams these days.  Well, this wee Rosie doesn't <stomps wee foot> This wee Rosie (and Hubby) still have (far too much) vinyl, cassette tapes, CDs and yes, MP3 playersπŸ˜„ We do adore our musicπŸ˜€πŸŽ§πŸŽΌπŸŽ΅πŸŽΆπŸ˜

I've owned this faithful, favourite little MP3 player for so many years now, no idea how long exactly but it's a good few years.  I think it's around 4GB (or might be 8GB?) in memory and I've continually kept loading it with my favourites but it's still nowhere near full.  My taste in music is everywhere honeys so there's everything from classical to jazz to country to 80s pop to rock.  I like what I like😍 

Before we start honeys, you might want to fetch a cuppa (and maybe a cookie or two?) I'll meet you back here, after the page break (just click the link) back in a mo...

 Hello again😊 Welcome back x  Do you have your cuppa?  Me too☕πŸͺ Off we go then, setting the MP3 player to shuffle and let's see what appears...


Let's shuffle... 😊🎧🎼🎡🎢😊



1. History of Modern (pt1) by OMD (Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark) 

Title track of an excellent album by a fabulous band.  Hubby is a long (really long) time fan and took me to see them live, for the first time, in 1983.  We've seen them live many times over the years and they get better and better.  This song, no this whole album, is just soooooo good.πŸ’–

History of Modern is the eleventh studio album and was released around 2010 (how is time passing so fast?)  Among my favourite tracks are this song and "Sister Mary Says." 

Links:  History of Modern album page at the official OMD web site.  
History of Modern (live) (Bing Lounge) on YouTube.  

😊🎧🎼🎡🎢😊🎧🎼🎡🎢😊


2. Son of a Preacher Man by Dusty Springfield


I'm sure I don't have to say anything about this song, it's a classic, from 1968, and I grew up hearing it.  I was surprised to learn though, from the page on Wikipedia (which you can see here honeys) that Ms Springfield didn't have another top 30 hit until she collaborated with The Pet Shop Boys in 1987.
   
Links:  You can hear Ms Springfield singing this song here on YouTube.

😊🎧🎼🎡🎢😊🎧🎼🎡🎢😊


3. Beautiful Lair by Beyonce & Shakira

Another song, and another two beautiful ladies, I'm sure I don't have to introduce honeys.  This is such a great song, always has me tapping my foot and even if I'm having a dreadful arthritis day, it's so full of energy that it makes me feel better, makes me smile.  Love it.πŸ’– 

Link:  You can see the video here on YouTube honeys.  

😊🎧🎼🎡🎢😊🎧🎼🎡🎢😊


4. Sway by Dean Martin

His voice!😍😍😍 If anyone ever invents a time machine, I'd be first inside asking to go back to see Dino and his Rat Pack pals live (and the Beatles too, of course😍)  I grew up in the 70s honeys, while school friends were listening to punk rock (I was never a punk, with the exception of Blondie - everybody adored Debbie Harry and I think I played their album Parallel Lines enough to wear the groves off the vinyl😊) Well, while everybody in my secondary school were using different colours of carbon paper sheets to dye their hair and piercing various bits of themselves, I was home listening to Sinatra, Dino and the fabulous Sammy Davis Jnr.  Of course there was also The Andrews Sisters, Flanagan & Allen and so many others too.  

I was blessed to grow up surrounded by records, most of us did in the 70s. Aunties and uncles all had lots of records and every home seemed to have a radiogram to play them on (I still have mine, a birthday gift when I turned 15😊)  We had lots of records including old 78s!   I was allowed to play them and I would get lost in them for hours. There were all kinds of genres but no punk... except my Blondie album😊  My sweet Grammy adored Country and so I got to listen to Patsy Cline, Lorretta Lynn, Johnny Cash, Dolly Parton, Tammy Wynette and Andy Williams.πŸ’–  

Link: If you're not familiar with this gorgeous song, treat your ears and listen to it here on YouTube.  Enjoy.πŸ’– 

😊🎧🎼🎡🎢😊🎧🎼🎡🎢😊


5. Wings of a Dove by Dolly Parton

This is such a lovely song.  I have, I think five or six albums by Ms Parton on my wee MP3 player (love herπŸ’–) so it would have been more surprising if she hadn't appeared somewhere in my shuffleπŸ’  This is a cover version of a beautiful gospel song, and in fact it's been covered by so many other great singers too through the years.  

Links: You can read about the song and about the other cover versions here and you can listen to Ms Parton's cover here honeys.   

😊🎧🎼🎡🎢😊🎧🎼🎡🎢😊


6. Umbrella by Jay-Z and Rhianna

Oh my! The weather we had through the whole summer this song was released here in the UK.πŸ˜„ There were lots of jokes about arks being built and shops running out of stocks of umbrellas☔☔🌈 It was the perfect time for this song to appear, and it's a good song tooπŸ’–  

Link: There can't be anybody who doesn't know it, but just in case, here it is on YouTube.πŸ’–  

😊🎧🎼🎡🎢😊🎧🎼🎡🎢😊


7. Pearls a Singer by Elkie Brooks 

Love Elkie Brooks!  She has such a voice! I have her greatest hits album on my MP3 player and I'm glad my little shuffle picked up one of her songs (and one of my favourites too.πŸ’–) This song was from 1977 and I bought it as a '45 single with my "pocket money."  My best friend, Joan, and I used to go to the record shop on a Saturday morning (after we'd been to the library, simpler times and very happy too) and would each buy two 45 singles each, every week.  This was one of mine.  Happy memories.πŸ’–  

Link: In case you haven't heard Ms Brooks fabulous voice, you can listen here honeys x

 

😊🎧🎼🎡🎢😊🎧🎼🎡🎢😊

 
 
8.  Rock This Country by Shania Twain

One of Hubby's favourite ladies (the other two being Kate Bush and Annie Lennox, but since he puts up with my Alan Rickman and Keanu Reeves obsessions, well I'm fine with it lol.)  She's such an incredibly talented artist. I think I have two or three of her albums on my player and again I'm so glad she made an appearance on my wee list today.

Link:  You can watch Ms Twain singing a live version here.πŸ’–     

😊🎧🎼🎡🎢😊🎧🎼🎡🎢😊


9. The Bargain Store by Dolly Parton 

Ms Parton again and it had to be one that makes me cry!  There are no words for how much I adore this song!  It's beautiful, it's so sad, it's everything😍 

Link: While I fetch a hankie, go listen to it here honeys😊

😊🎧🎼🎡🎢😊🎧🎼🎡🎢😊


10. Time After Time by Cyndi Lauper

I was about to type "another much loved song" when it dawned on me that I love all of these songs or artists, if I didn't love them, they wouldn't be on my MP3 player.  My music (and my beach) is where I retreat to when life gets to be too much, too overwhelming. This is a very long time favourite song and Ms Lauper is an awesome person who truly gives back to the world.  I read that Ms Lauper helps homeless youths off the street and into permanent homes, God bless her for that.  The world needs people who care.πŸ’žπŸ€—  

Link:  You can see the official music video for this beautiful song here.  I hadn't ever seen the video before, so it was new to me even though I've loved the song for years.πŸ’— 

😊🎧🎼🎡🎢😊🎧🎼🎡🎢😊


11. We Have Love by Dinah Washington

😍😍😍I love, love, love this song! I also adore the stunning, talented lady singing it.πŸ’– I have two albums by Ms Washington on my player.  Both were gifts from a much loved friend (thank you Miriam, love you honey x) and I treasure them.  I was born too late.  I'm a woman out of my natural time period.  Fashions, all of my favourite artists, all before my time honeys.  It's so unfair. Thanks to albums like these though, we can still listen and enjoy them.πŸ’

Link: You'll be smiling and feeling good all day after listening to this song dear ones, enjoy! You can hear it here.πŸ’–  

😊🎧🎼🎡🎢😊🎧🎼🎡🎢😊


12. Be-Bop-A-Lula by Gene Vincent

The guitar solos in this😍   Another classic, wonderful hit, this time from 1958.  It would be very unusual if you don't know this song, but just in case...

link: Get ready to tap your feet and feel the urge to get up and boogie dear ones😊 Enjoy!  

😊🎧🎼🎡🎢😊🎧🎼🎡🎢😊


13. S.O.S by Abba

I literally can't think of a single song by ABBA I didn't loveπŸ’– and S.O.S is no different.  I vividly remember being allowed to stay up to watch the Eurovision Song Contest and being swept away by the winning song, Waterloo by a (new to us) Swedish group.  Loved them then (bought Waterloo 45 with my pocket money) and love them now and always will.😍 

Link:  A wee bit of the ABBA magic can be found here in the official music video, enjoy honeys.πŸ€—

😊🎧🎼🎡🎢😊🎧🎼🎡🎢😊


14. For All We Know by The Carpenters

The loss of Karen Carpenter, so young, was a tragedy for the world.  The Carpenters really did form the soundtrack to my youth honeys, when you switched the radio on, there they were.  Her voice is unbearably beautiful, haunting.  I remember crying when I saw the report on the news that she'd died.  If you're already a fan, you'll know how painful losing her was, if you haven't heard her beautiful voice (is that possible?) I can't imagine that you wouldn't love any of The Carpenters fabulous catalogue of songs.πŸ’– 

Link: You can see Karen and her brother Richard singing For All We Know (on The Andy Williams Show in 1971) here honeys, enjoy x 

 

😊🎧🎼🎡🎢😊🎧🎼🎡🎢😊

 

15. Tea And Toast by Lucy Spraggan

What a song to end on!  The first verse of this song and I'm already in tears.  Literally.  Can I save myself from the inevitable sobbing that follows by the time we get to the end of the song?  All I would have to do, would be to press the stop button.  No!  It's such a wonderful, fabulous, incredible and yes, touching, song.  I can't hit the stop button even though I know it'll make me cry.  Right now, it's on pause to allow me to write this.  If I'd waited till the song played through, well, I wouldn't have gotten this post finished, because... well... tears.  I'm not even embarrassed.  Love it.πŸ’”  

Link: I managed to find the official music video, you can see it here (but take a hankie!) and as soon as I press publish on this post, I'm going to go and watch it.  It'll end in (my) tears (again😊)  It really is a lovely (tho sad) song, enjoy, honeys x

😊🎧🎼🎡🎢😊🎧🎼🎡🎢😊


Goodness, this post took a lot longer to write than I thought it would.  It's after midnight.😊 Thank you so much for keeping me company dear ones, it really does mean more than I can tell you.πŸ’–  Till next time, stay warm and safe, it's getting chilly, hugs always xx

Huggles always, Rosie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment