Friday 30 August 2019

The Most Delicious DIY Ice Cream With Only One Ingredient!

Disclaimer:  This post is not health advice.  If you have any doubts about diet, allergies or any other health matters, please talk to your health care professional honeys. Hugs x 

Hi Honeys
I hope you're well and managing to stay out of the torrential rain we're suffering right now.  As I type this the rain is literally beating off our windows.

After yesterday's very long (but I hope fun too) post, I thought I'd write a short but (hopefully) smile filled post before dashing off to work in my heavy rain jacket and umbrella in the hope I make it there without getting drenched on the way ☂  It's not looking hopeful on the non-drenching listening to that rain outside though....

For the longest time I've been hearing that you can make your own ice cream without an ice cream maker. It's been all over Pinterest, all over the internet really honeys.  To be honest, I didn't think it could work.  I mean, actual ice cream, without all the usual time and trouble of making it such as churning etc?

Well, then I was chatting to a lovely lady at work and she told me she'd tried it for her kids and they loved it!  I was curious.  I resolved to try to make it and this happened... 

The yummiest, most delicious DIY ice cream with only one ingredient!

The most perfect, yummy "ice cream" I've had ๐Ÿ˜‹  I asked Hubby to try it and he agreed ๐Ÿ˜  I think we have it honeys!  A perfect, guilt free, good for you treat!

Why not grab a cuppa (and maybe a cookie) and meet me back here in a few minutes and I'll share all of the details...
Welcome back honeys ๐Ÿ’—  You know I still don't believe this actually worked!

There is literally only one ingredient to making this and it's so easy to make it practically makes itself!  All you need to make this yummy, healthy treat is the humble banana ๐ŸŒ

Bananas As A Healthy Snack...


The banana itself is loaded with good nutrients such as potassium, which is said to help lower blood pressure and aid heart health.  It's also a good source of pectin, a soluble fibre, which means it can help lower cholesterol and keep our gut bacteria happy too.  It's a win win honeys!  You can read more on 11 Evidence-Based Health Benefits of Bananas at HealthOnline here. 

As with most things though honeys, there is a caveat too.  If, like me, you have type 2 diabetes, you should avoid the more ripe (and definitely over ripe) bananas because they are higher in carbs which can raise our blood sugar. They also though contain fibre which might help reduce sugar spikes.

It seems the less ripe the banana is, such as the green bananas, the lower the carb content is. you can read a really interesting article on how bananas affect diabetes and sugar levels at HealthOnline here.

If you have any doubts, please talk to your health care professional honeys ๐Ÿ’—  Let's take a look at how I made this yummy treat then shall we? To the kitchen dear ones...

The Most Delicious DIY Ice Cream With Only One Ingredient!


Seriously though, I actually still can't believe how incredibly easy it was to make this!  I felt like I should be pinching myself, even when it was scooped into a bowl and I was looking at it thinking "well, you do look like ice cream....." ๐Ÿ˜Š

Ingredients:


2-3 medium sized bananas

Directions:


1. Peel your bananas and cut into halves or thirds.  I just halved mine.

2. Place into a container or zip lock bag, seal and place into the freezer until very frozen.  At least 2-3 hours, I left ours over night.

3. Place the frozen bananas into a food processor (or strong blender) and let the food processor work it's magic ๐Ÿ˜Š

I have heard it's better to use the "pulse" setting but I didn't do that. I also didn't add anything and, again I've heard others say they added a tiny amount of milk but this (image below) was just frozen bananas and nothing else and no "pulsing."   I blended for around one minute.

The yummiest, most delicious DIY ice cream with only one ingredient!

4. Use a scoop, dish up and enjoy honeys ๐Ÿ˜‹

The yummiest, most delicious DIY ice cream with only one ingredient!

Honestly, I really can't believe this!  Even after making it and eating it, I can't believe there has been a healthy alternative to ice cream that's so incredibly easy to make and is soooo delicious too!

The yummiest, most delicious DIY ice cream with only one ingredient!

I used four bananas to make this and from that we had one yummy bowl each and still had enough left over to fill one of  the little jars I meal prep frozen fruit and yogurt into on a Sunday for the week ahead.

Meal prepping for a healthier week ahead - small jars have frozen fruit added and are topped with natural yogurt, the small square containers have dry roasted peanuts for a healthy snack.

The jar was then popped back into the freezer and Hubby took it with him to work next day to have with his lunch ๐Ÿ’–  He said it was just as nice with lunch as it had been the night before so it seems to freeze well too.  I may try this with a larger quantity to see if I can make this ahead and store in the freezer for a tasty, healthy treat to have on hand ๐Ÿ˜Š

Who knew that it could be so simple to make a healthy, nutritious treat that is also a scoop of yum with smiley sprinkles ๐Ÿ˜  Have you made banana ice cream honeys? If so, what do you think of it?  Have you tried adding anything as a topping?  If so, what?and how did it turn out?

I have to go get organised for work, have to leave soon.  I'm hoping the rain eases off by then ☔  Till next time dear ones, smile lots and hug even more ๐Ÿ’– Hugs always x

Hugs always, Rosie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment