Thursday 20 October 2022

All Set For Holiday Baking And Sharing A (Very Healthy) Baked Doughnut Recipe🍩🍪🍰

Disclaimer:  I haven't been paid to promote any products, I'm just really, really (really!) excited to be able to start making plans for some proper holiday baking this year yaaaaayyy🍩🍪🍰

Hi Honeys, 
I'm happy!!  No, I'm more than happy... I'm excited, thrilled, exhilarated....  As a Scot, I feel I can quite properly say, honeys, that I'm a wee chuffed thing (that's a small happy person😄)

What's made me happy, you ask? Well, this happened...

New Truvia products mean I'm all set for my holiday baking yaaaaay!!

For a while now, since I was diagnosed with diabetes, I've been making little changes in how I live and particularly, in how I cook.  

I wasn't ever a sugary person, never adding it to my tea, only using it when I baked really.  So I was thrilled (and chuffed😊) to find there were healthier ways to bake, such as products made using the stevia leaf.🍃  

This led to my discovering Truvia.  Truvia certainly wasn't the cheapest stevia product on the shelf but, having tried a few of them, it was the one we preferred.  So, for the past couple of years those tiny, square, green containers have appeared regularly in our shopping basket.  

The discovery...


Then, while aimlessly clicking on Pinterest one evening, I spotted a link showing some yummy looking baked goods and the truvia logo!  "Recipes!" I thought.  Now, by this time of course, I'd been experimenting and had discovered my own preferred ratio of truvia to (replace) sugar in a few favourite recipes.  The idea of new recipes to try was quite exciting to me.😀 

So, I clicked the link.  Only to discover there were in fact some lovely recipes but they were made using products unavailable in the UK!😲 Oh no!!  

To say I was disappointed is an understatement.  I couldn't buy these new (to me) Truvia products unless I flew to USA to buy them.  The range included a caster sugar, a brown sugar (I could make cookies!!) and even an icing sugar product!!

Then this happened...

  
They're here!! In the UK!!  I can bake for the holidays!! I am officially " a wee chuffed thing😃"

New Truvia products mean I'm all set for my holiday baking yaaaaay!!

Most of the larger supermarkets seem to have them (online) it seems but the best thing is the price.  We bought these packs for £2 each and given that we pay around £5 for each little (270g) container of the original truvia, that's surprising to me (in a good way.)  

In the photo above, there are icing sugar (pink label) which contains 280g, caster sugar (with the orange label) which has 360g and finally there is the brown sugar (with the brown label and did I mention I can make cookies? yaaaaay😋) which has 320g.    

Now I can make my (healthier) doughnuts and even make guilt-free-icing to coat them with.😀 

I love making my (healthier) doughnuts and now I can ice them too!

I know it must seem like a really silly thing to be happy about but I really do love to bake.  I don't get to do much of anything these days (because of the osteo in my spine) but it does mean that when I do cook I usually have hubby with me and we do have a laugh while cooking.💖 

So, yes honeys, I'm looking forward to making some (healthier) doughnuts and making some Christmas🎅🎄 (and Halloween🎃) cookies. 

I love making my (healthier) doughnuts and now I can ice them too!

In case you haven't seen it, you can find my healthier doughnuts recipe here honeys.  Enjoy.💖  Oh, and before I forget, and I know it might be different for everyone because we all have different tastes, but after lots of attempts, I discovered the best ratio of (ordinary granulated type version) truvia when I made the doughnuts was to take the recipe (I used a sponge type recipe so technically they're actually cake-nuts?) and divide the sugar measurement by three.  

I used 75g of truvia/stevia instead of the 225g of caster sugar the recipe called for.  That's quite a saving on calories, so another bonus.  

Over to you honeys, have you ever baked with healthier alternatives?  What are your favourite holiday recipes?  Have you posted any of them?  If so, why not share your link?  

Till next time, dear ones, stay warm, hugs always x 

Hugs always, Rosie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment