Wednesday 26 October 2022

What To Do With A Completed Latch Hook Kit?🐝

Disclaimer:  I have not been paid to promote any products or stores, just sharing my latest crafting project and looking for ideas on how to complete it by turning it into.... well something.  Any suggestions honeys? 🤗 

Hi Honeys, 

How are you today?  I'm looking for suggestions on what to do with a recently completed latch hook kit, a gift from Hubby (thank you sweetheart x)  

Fun with latch hook kits - What to do with a completed kit and adorable buzzy bee decor...

Have you ever tried a latch hook kit?  Before this adorable kit Hubby brought me home, with the bee motif, it had been years since I'd done one.  I'd forgotten how much fun they are.😊 

The kit comes all contained in a cardboard box.  Inside there is everything you need to complete the design shown on the box.  Firstly, there is a piece of canvas aida, this is the fabric that the yarns are attached to and has the pattern the kit is to make, printed on it...

Fun with latch hook kits - What to do with a completed kit and adorable buzzy bee decor...

In addition there is a latch hook tool, seen above, and all of the yarn needed to complete the kit in pre-cut lengths.  

It took me almost six days, working on it in the evenings, to complete this little kit and I just love it💖  Now though, the question is, what to do with it? 

Fun with latch hook kits - What to do with a completed kit and adorable buzzy bee decor...

On the box the kit is packaged in, it suggests turning it into a wall hanging, a cushion or a rug.  Now, since it measures 30cm x 30cm (that's only just short of 12 inches x 12 inches) so it's much too small to be a rug😊  I do think it might make a lovely wall hanging, if I finished off the edges with a binding or edging.  

I have to admit I'm leaning towards adding a backing to the canvas aida and then sewing it up into a cushion cover using something lovely from my tiny fabric collection upstairs.  It would be so nice as a cushion cover and I'm sure Buzz would like a new friend to keep him company upstairs🐝

Buzz the friendly bee and his cushions🐝

Do you remember Buzz?  If not, you can read about him here🐝💖 

What do you think honeys?  Any other ideas on how to transform the little bee latch hook kit into decor?  Have you tried making a latch hook kit?  Hubby got this one for me from Home Bargains, and I think I'll see if there are any other designs on their website.  I enjoyed working on it, it's good physio for my arthritic hands too.  

Thank you for keeping me company dear ones.  Till next time, stay warm and safe, the weather is definitely changing.  Hugs always x

Buzz the friendly bee says stay safe and warm xx

No comments:

Post a Comment