Saturday 15 October 2022

It's Global Handwashing Day✋

Hi Honeys,  

Did you know there was a global handwashing day?✋  I didn't.... 

It's Global Handwashing Day✋

I have a confession honeys.  You might have guessed actually from some of my previous posts, but I am almost freaky about my hands. Completely.  I can't remember a time when I could bear the idea of having anything (except gloves) on them.  

So strange really, when some of my happiest moments are spent in the garden and growing things.🌱🌹  I do wear gardening gloves though (and sometimes a pair of latex gloves under them too, just in case...)  Even the thought of anything icky making its way onto my hands or worse, under my nails...😯 Noooooooooooo!😳 

Not that I wear gloves all the time.  I don't, only when gardening and in winter when I wear my mittens😊 so it's not that I hide my hands away.  I mean, I have to use them.  I do wash them though.  A lot.  A really lot.  OK, now that I've confessed to being a little.... too aware of my hands, you'll understand why this wonderful day resonates with me.  I might have discovered one day in the year that I won't be considered weird?😊     

Global Handwashing Day✋

Global handwashing day has existed since 2008 (again, how did I not know about this?) and takes place each year on October 15th.  It seeks to raise awareness of the impact handwashing can have in the transmission of germs/bacteria and avoiding disease.  

Care in the kitchen...

We all know, of course, that not washing hands before preparing food can lead to food poisoning but it's also especially vital to wash hands before and after touching any raw meats like chicken.  Surfaces too should be kept scrupulously clean. Whatever we touch after all (and whatever our food touches) has the potential to make us ill through cross contamination.  We never use the same chopping board for chicken and for other foods, for instance.  

Everything we do in our kitchens has a direct connection to, and impact on our food preparation, and everything begins with washing our hands.  That simple first step becomes habit so quickly and helps keep our families, and ourselves, safe too.    

Links: 

Global Handwashing Day page from CDC

Become a soaper hero - page from Lifebuoy

Official campaign Facebook page

Information page from National Today

Over to you honeys, have you heard about this campaign?  Thank you for keeping me company, it means more than I can say.  Till next time then, hugs always x

Hugs always, Rosie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment