Wednesday 7 May 2014

Classic & Oh So Classy Court Shoes!

Disclaimer: I haven't been paid to write this post, the images belong to the respective companies & no infringement is intended, I just love shoes and wanted to draw attention to some beautiful styles you might have missed :)

Hello again honeys,
In my recent  post about those wonderful footwear known as wedges :)  I mentioned one of my other favourite outfits for feet are court shoes.  I've adored them for as long as I can remember. Seen being worn in all of those old black & white noir movies I loved growing up I always thought THAT'S what a lady should wear. They're classy, they're so smart, they make an outfit "special" know what I mean? They scream to be teamed with a hat, smart handbag & gloves!

I was SO born too late! I long to live in a time when ladies wore hats & gloves, it's a look that makes my heart just glow with happiness.  So, on to my favourite contemporary versions of this classic, classy look known as a court shoe.



I make no apology that my first port of call is George at Asda :) I've said before I love their clothes & accessories because, in my experience, they're great value, great quality and their sizes are good too.  Their range changes so often that there is always something new to see and they make it possible for someone without an endless clothes allowance to attempt to keep up with the catwalk looks.

Patent Court Shoe by George At Asda


Seriously, how lovely are these?  Their colour is described on the Asda site as "wheat" but they are also generally called "nude."  This colour became all the rage when seen on the Duchess of Cambridge and it really is THE colour of shoe to have in your closet because it can be worn with so many different looks. 

I adore mine but they have a slightly smaller heel, 2" instead of the 3.25" on this pair.  I bought mine last year, so I'm assuming that the heel height has increased a little to follow the trend, since this very sight increase seems to have been carried across the range. They are available in UK sizes 3-9 and from my experiences with my own pair, are very comfortable to walk in & wear with no toe pinching.  You can find full details here honeys.


Suedette Pointed Toe Court Shoe By George At Asda



Again George at Asda carry on with a very slightly different version of their successful range from last year, which I love and still have in plum, red & black.  Again, this shoe has a slightly higher heel and a pointed toe instead of the rounder toe of last years range.  Still same great quality though, still comfortable (whoever thought that could possibly be said about heels?) and still very smart & dressy :) Heel height is 3.25" they're made of a lovely soft suedette material and available in UK sizes 3-9.  You can find full details here.


Viva La Diva Pointy Toe Court Shoe At Marisota


  How pretty are these honeys?  I saw them at the Marisota site and I have to admit the purple ones made me stare a while :) Available (as shown above) in purple, red, black and black patent, they have a heel height of a little over 2" and available in UK sizes 4-8. Wouldn't these make great work shoes?  Details can be found here.


Moda In Pelle Jest At Marisota


 Aren't these just stunning? I mean stunning in the sense that they are more shoe art than footwear :) I couldn't afford these even in the best year ever but I wanted to include them because they made me go wow and I wanted to share :)  They're leather, covered all over in diamante and available as you can see above in black and in silver.  The heel height is almost exactly 4" tall (100mm which is 3.937 inches and I'm not even great at maths lol) You can find details of these beauties here. Once again honeys, just wow!

Lotus Arnica Formal Shoes At Marisota


I'm finding myself making grabbing motions at the screen looking at these honeys :) Aren't they just gorgeous? They just scream "wear me somewhere special & team me with a dress that stops conversations" :)  I just love the sparkles at the toes! These satin, peep toe beauties have a 3" stiletto heel, are available in UK sizes 4-8 and you can find them here.

Knot Trim Platform Shoes At Dorothy Perkins


I can just as easily see these fabulous shoes worn with jeans as with a head turning, knock em dead dress :) I love these! The knot detail is perfect, the diamante embellishments just add the wow factor & any woman would feel like a princess in these! Available as shown in both navy & Nude, the heel height is approximately 4.5" high and they're available in UK sizes 3-9.  You'll find details of the nude version here  while details of the navy version is here.

Nude & Metallic Platform Shoes at Dorothy Perkins


OK, last pair (for now :) and what a pair to end on! Seriously, are you looking at these and saying "wow" right now?  I don't know what to say except "oh my!" and "wow" too :) There is nothing I don't just adore about these beautiful, wonderful, breath taking works of art calling themselves shoes!

Their heel height is almost exactly 5" tall, and unfortunately, according to the website, they are almost sold out! Not that it's a surprise! Who wouldn't love these? But having seen them, stared at them, mentally drooled a little over them & made repeated grabby motions at the laptop screen, I couldn't very well NOT include them in this post :) When I last checked they had a few limited sizes left and details can be found here.

So dear readers, what are your thoughts? Are court shoes your thing? If so how do you prefer to wear them? teamed with favourite jeans & a leather jacket (SUCH a cool look!) or worn in true stunningly beautiful noir style as seen on the beyond gorgeous Dita Von Teese?  I hope you enjoyed our little trip through beautiful shoe land, we must do it again soon :) Do say hello in the comments section below & thank you for visiting honeys, till next time, sending heaps of hugs xx

No comments:

Post a Comment