Friday 2 May 2014

Are Wedges The Perfect Summer Shoe?

Disclaimer: I haven't been paid or offered any kind of re-imbursement for this post, it's just me loving wedges :)

Hi Honeys, welcome back :)
In my last blog post I proclaimed my love for Maxi dresses :) Love them! You might have noticed in that post that I mentioned how great each dress would look when teamed with wedges :) I adore wedges! What? you noticed? Hee hee! I'm a wedge bore I'm afraid, fell in love with them when I got my very first pair at the age of 14. Bright red they were & I felt like I was walking on air, I was so happy with them :)

So, anyway, I thought I'd write a companion post to maxi dresses on these wonderful, ever so funky, joyful footwear wonders known as wedges :)



Leopard Print Peep Toe Wedge From George At Asda

Oh my! Seriously! Just how lovely are these? My first choice to share are these lovelys from George at Asda.



I really can't say enough good things about these :) They have a low wedge, so even if, like me you don't have a head for heights or the balance required for sky high heels lol they're ideal.  They are wide enough to not squish your toes as some shoes do and they're peep toe! so you can show off your latest favourite nail polish after having a lovely pedicure. What's the point of gorgeous feet if you can't show them off :)

Available in UK sizes 3-9, heel height is 2" (or 4.5cm) and the leopard print is fabric giving a lovely soft feel.  They'd look amazing worn with dresses, jeans or used to add a pop of colour to your work outfit. You can find full details here.

Gladiator Wedge Heels By George At Asda

Gladiator style sandals have been around for a while now in the form of flats, heeled styles and of course wedges. These ones really are lovely and would again be perfect for showing off your leatest Pedicure and pretty nails. 

 

Being basic black in colour they'd look great with so many outfits and there are no fussy multi- buckle fastenings to get them on & off again, they fasten, as you can see in the illustration above, by a simple zip at the back of the heel.  They're available in UK sizes 3-9 and you can find full details here.  Love them :)

Coral Platform Wedge By Primark

I have to admit that when I first saw these on the Primark site I made a squeal noise that startled my dog :) I got ridiculously happy just looking at these :) I mean, look......



Aren't they just gorgeous? The colour, the shape, the beautiful lace effect on the front, the ankle buckle, I love everything about this shoe :) You can find this foot treat here. If "yum" can be applied to a shoe, well yum! :)

Ladies Ankle Strap Sandal By Adore

OK, I know I'm writing about lovely wedges, but these are sort of flat wedges? I'm going to include these because they're what I'd wear when I'm in the mood to wear wedges but also flats.... I'm probably making no sense at all here, but why break the habit of a lifetime :)



Aren't they lovely? They'd be gorgeous with a maxi, with jeans, with 3/4 length crop trousers (I LOVE those in summer) or with your favourite summer dress. Available in black & white they'd be a breeze to accessorise too because these could be worn with anything & still look great.  They're available in UK sizes 4-8 and I found them on the Studio Cards & Gifts Catalogue site (yep they do clothes, shoes & accessories too, some of the maxi dresses from my last post were found there) Full details of these lovely flats can be found here.

Mary Jane Shoe By Beautiful You

For my last lovely wedge, we have a Mary Jane style, which has long been popular.  It's the sort of style we all remember from our schooldays with a buckle fastening across the front. I've heard them being referred to as "dolly shoes" because it's the sort of show you do indeed find on dolls :)


I actually have two pairs very similar to these (one pair in a lovely burgundy & the other in dark green) and they're so comfortable.  Again they'd look great with any outfit & are also great work wear too.  I love the gentle gradient of the wedge, supporting the arch of the foot, the stitching detail is lovely too.  Again, I saw these on the Studio site and you can see details here honeys.

This post has been an indulgence, I've always adored wedges, the only shoes I love more are court shoes, but more about them in another post :)  So, what are your favourite styles honeys?  What's your "go to" style of footwear in summer?  Do let me know in the comments section below.

Thank you again for visiting sweethearts, I appreciate your making this little corner of the internet less lonely :) Have a wonderful weekend, I hope to see you again soon, sending heaps of hugs xx   

No comments:

Post a Comment