Friday 2 August 2019

Finding Smiles & Counting My Blessings...

Hi Honeys,
How are you today?  Well, here we are in August again!  How did that happen?  Summer seems to pass so fast now, I only wish winter would pass as quickly.  I know lots of people love the winter months but winter really does feel as if it goes on forever here.

We have less than six hours daylight each day in winter and I've said so many times that I'd like to hibernate like a grizzly bear every year ๐Ÿ˜Š

Which season is your favourite dear ones?  Mine, without a doubt is spring.  The all too dark days of winter start to loosen their stranglehold, the temperatures begin to rise a little and our much loved garden starts to wake up from its long winter slumber.

Of course as the garden wakes up, mother nature does too.  The garden has been blessed with so many tiny visitors this year.  It's been such a joy standing at the kitchen window every day watching the birds (so many babies this year!) hopping about the lawn ๐Ÿ’–

It's good that I'm an early riser too because they wake me around 5am with their singing, looking for their breakfast, bless them ๐Ÿ’—  I'm sure the neighbours are used to seeing me shuffling down to the bottom of the garden very early every morning in my nightclothes to feed them, it's a wonderful way to start the day with the biggest smile ๐Ÿ’–

Finding smiles and counting my blessing...

I have to admit I (nearly) felt quite sorry for myself this morning honeys.  It was really difficult getting through last weekend's shifts.  By the time I finished on Saturday evening I had an awful headache and this whole week has felt like trying to run underwater.  Then to add to it all this morning I woke up with an ouchy sore throat.

Which brings us to the point of this post dear ones (and thank you for bearing with me.)  Whenever I start to feel as if I'm not coping very well, one of the ways that I can make myself feel better is by being in our garden.

Just feeding the birds can make me feel so much better, standing at the kitchen window watching them, I swear feels like it makes my whole heart smile ๐Ÿ’—

Well, today I really needed to find my smile so I took myself out into the garden and sure enough what I found made me feel better ๐Ÿ’—  Our tiny apple tree, which we planted the first full year we lived here, is so full of apples again this year that the branches all seem to be drooping really low with their weight. 

There are so many apples on our tiny apple tree this year...

Our little tree produces Bramley apples, more commonly known as cooking apples and I can't wait to make some lovely apple turnovers, hubby likes those and I've promised our next door neighbours I'll make them a lovely apple crumble ๐Ÿ’–

It is almost time for the apples to be harvested, they're already almost as large as they were last year...

Like last year, the apples are all very large already.  Do you remember last year's apples honeys?

Last year's apples were our first real harvest from our tiny apple tree.

I wrapped and stored them and it took us months to work our way through them ๐Ÿ˜Š

Of course when I'm looking for smiles I really only have to open our back door.  Just outside the back door, in a very large planter, we have lavender.  I adore lavender!  As do our other little garden visitors of course ๐Ÿ

Our beautiful lavender helps our bee friends

I so wish I could have shown you the busy guest who was buzzing around as I was taking these photos earlier but she just didn't seem to want to be photographed ๐Ÿ  Maybe she just wasn't in the mood to stop for a chat  ๐Ÿ˜Š  Unlike recently when I had a buzzy friend come visit, rest a while and then fly off again ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

I have to go get organised for work honeys, but I already feel a little better for sharing some smiles, thank you for sharing them with me ๐Ÿ˜˜  I hope your day is chock full of smiles, hugs and sunshine dear ones.  Till next time, have a wonderful weekend honeys, hugs always x

Huggles Always, Rosie x 

No comments:

Post a Comment