Monday 19 August 2019

Origami birds in flight... The perfect addition to our bedroom wall decor...

Disclaimer: I haven't been paid to promote any stores or products I just wanted to share my latest little home decor smile ๐Ÿ’—

Hi Honeys
How are you today? I hope your week is off to a great start.  Hubby is on hols from work this week and we're making the most of our "stay-cation" by using it to have a huge declutter of the bedrooms upstairs.

We have so many bags waiting to be delivered to our local charity shop and another bunch of stuff waiting to go to the local council recycling centre too.  It feels so good to be able to downsize a little.  So much more to do but it's good to make even a little progress.

Hubby's done most of the work (thank you sweetheart x) but it's been great just to be able to spend some time together and have a laugh without being tired from work shifts.  We finished up work for today and I thought I'd share with you the latest little additions to my "calm wall"

Origami birds in flight... The perfect addition to our bedroom wall decor.

If you've read any of my blog you'll know I have a much loved canvas print on our bedroom wall.  It really does mean a great deal to me because it's become my escape from the overwhelm I feel at times.

This beautiful canvas print helps me calm when life gets overwhelming.

This beautiful little canvas print even helped me get through a CT scan in hospital. If you missed that post you can read it here honeys x

A few things have joined this lovely canvas over time and I now think of this wall in our master bedroom upstairs as my "calm wall."

Rosie's "calm wall" -I adore this wall in our master bedroom, it's where I sit when I want to rest and be calm.

When life gets a little overwhelming, I go upstairs, sit in the middle of the bed and stare at my canvas.  I've done it for so long now that I can almost step into it, walk down the sand covered steps and sit on the beach ๐Ÿ’–

The framed print now sitting beneath the beach canvas on the picture rail in the image above was a gift from Hubby.  It's from a series called "Artistic Impressions" and is by an artist called Annabel Burton.  I'd seen it online as the Dunelm website and just fell in love with it ๐Ÿ’—  I think I could live very happily in that darling little cottage honeys ๐Ÿ’– Look, it even has my laundry dancing in the breeze in the back garden ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ’—

To the right hand side of the beautiful cottage print is my much loved Loki Lego figure shadowbox.  Loki was a gift from a dear friend and I adore him ๐Ÿ’–

On the other side is a small white frame saying "Welcome!  Everything is fine."  Viewers of The Good Place will recognise this immediately and smile ๐Ÿ˜Š  There are no words for how much I love this wonderful series and I feel so sad that they're not making any more episodes after season four ๐Ÿ’”

Well, back to the reason for this post dear ones ๐Ÿ˜Š  I've added the most adorable ceramic birds to my "calm wall" and I'm loving them so much I could just burst!  Here they are...

Origami birds in flight... The perfect addition to our bedroom wall decor.

As you can see they have been designed to look like origami paper birds and they're just so sweet. I just knew they'd be perfect on the bedroom wall, flying towards the beach in my beloved canvas ๐Ÿ’–

When I removed the birds from the packaging they were even lovelier than I thought honeys...

Origami birds in flight... The perfect addition to our bedroom wall decor.

Up onto the wall they went dear ones and they looked just as I thought they would...

Origami birds in flight... The perfect addition to our bedroom wall decor.

I seriously haven't been able to stop smiling every time I walk into the bedroom ๐Ÿ˜Š I just adore them.

I would happily have paid full price for them but imagine my shock when I discovered they had been dropped from their original price of £12 in the George at Home (Asda) sale to £7, then to £1.20!  I have no words honeys! I mean that's less than a cup of coffee!

Origami birds in flight... The perfect addition to our bedroom wall decor.

They're just perfect and now when I escape into my beautiful canvas there will be birds in the sky too ๐Ÿ˜Š

Origami birds in flight... The perfect addition to our bedroom wall decor.

What do you think honeys?  Have you spotted any bargains recently or changed your decor?  Do you meditate?  How do you find your calm?

Til next time dear ones, smile lots and hug even more, hugs always x

Hugs always, Rosie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment