Saturday 16 March 2019

Shopping with Rosie: Part One - All Kinds of Prettiness & Useful Items in Home Bargains πŸ’—

Disclaimer:  I haven't been paid to recommend any products or stores, just thought you'd like to come with me on a (very rare these days) shopping trip x

Hi Honeys
I've said before that I don't go out very much anymore, my mobility is very limited so anything other than my limited shifts at work and trips to the hospital or to our Doctor's surgery happen so rarely as to be nearly non-existent. 

This week though I needed to have my hair done.  Before Christmas I'd had my shoulder length bob cut into a far shorter, easier to care for style because of the pain in my spine and shoulders and it had started to reach a length that was becoming increasingly annoying.  You know honeys, when it's not long enough to pin back or pull up into a bun out of the way but long enough to just be irritating and sort-of-in-the-way 😊

So, having recovered (mostly) from a very busy weekend shift at work, I phoned a taxi and off I went up to the shopping centre/mall.  Since Hubby does our weekly shop every week (thank you sweetheart x)  and it had been quite sometime since I'd last had the chance to visit some of my favourite shops I thought I'd take my camera so that you could join me πŸ’—

I ended up with a lot of photos though honeys, I mean really a lot, so I've had to split this post into two parts.  This first post will share what I saw in Home Bargains...

Let's Go Shopping: Part One

Now, as I said I hadn't been shopping in quite some time so there were a few ranges I hadn't seen and some of them are so pretty!

Why not grab a cuppa and maybe a cookie or two dear ones and meet me back here in a few minutes?  This is a long post with lots of photos and I can't wait to show you what I saw...


Welcome back honeys ❤   Do you have your cuppa?  Me too 😊  OK, get comfy, let's take a look shall we? 

Copper & Marble Everywhere!


Have you seen the gorgeous copper coloured... well everything honeys 😊  There are copper items available to make every single room in the house shine!  During my little shopping trip I saw so many things in this beautiful, elegant and downright chic look.  Marble is also popping up everywhere and on unexpected items such as glassware!

Here are some of my favourites...

Hair & Beauty Items...


Let's go shopping at Home Bargains: Copper hair accessories.

Hair and beauty items, such as the hairbrushes, combs, mirrors, hair clips, make up brushes...  So many items in this gorgeous hue 😍  I know these are practical items but wouldn't they definitely make getting dressed feel that bit more special?  The prices were very reasonable too, starting from around 69p!  I did like the little round fold-away hairbrush, seen next to the mirror near the bottom right hand side of the photo above.   

Stationery Accessories...


Let's go shopping at Home Bargains: Copper stationery accessories.

Aren't these little jars cute?  Three tiny glass mini-mason jars with items such as small "bull-dog clips" and tacks (push pins.)  Not just useful but beautiful too. These would certainly make working at my desk feel a little more glamorous 😍

Kitchen Items...


Let's go shopping at Home Bargains: Copper kitchen accessories include mug trees, kitchen towel holders and beautiful mason jars.

It was in the kitchen section I started to see the most beautiful marble effect items scattered among the copper items and they do look perfect together. 

In the image above, left to right on the bottom shelf, there are copper kitchen roll holders and mug trees. 

On the shelf above there are beautiful, airtight copper edged mason jars, in two sizes.  I have to admit, even though I like the matching canisters we have now in our kitchen (holding tea, coffee and sugar) I am seriously tempted to replace them with these.  Especially at only £1.99 each.

On the shelf immediately above the mason jars, are large, rectangular marble effect trays, again very beautiful and they look so much more expensive than they are.

The shelf above the trays is home to these stunning utensil holders...

Let's go shopping at Home Bargains: Copper utensil holder could be equally beautiful storing make up brushes or pens and pencils.

Aren't they lovely honeys?  They're so shiny it was difficult to take a photo 😍  These gorgeous copper utensil holders could be equally stunning storing hair or make up brushes or as a home for pens and pencils on your desk.

You might have noticed, sitting alongside the utensil holders are the most amazing glasses... 

Let's go shopping at Home Bargains: Alongside the copper trend is the equally beautiful marble look, seen here in these glasses.

Aren't they amazing?  I love these!! I think I'd be too scared of dropping them to actually buy any though (I'm Ms Clumsy these days) They are lovely though 😍


Pretty in Pink! - Unicorns, Eyelashes & All Things Pink...


I love pink.  There I said it 😊 "OK Rosie..." I hear you say, "... pink unicorns I get but eyelashes..."

Well, as it turns out...  There are lots, really, really lots, of items with this adorable eyelash pattern but I think this is my favourite.  A draw-string cotton bag...

Let's go shopping at Home Bargains: Pretty in Pink - Eyelashes on everything including bags, mugs, pyjamas, hairbrushes, cushions....

I just squealed again 😊  I could kick myself now for not bringing one home with me! Even if I used it to store my yoga block and resistance bands.... hmmm.  I may have to ask Hubby to pick one up for me when he's next there...

Let's go shopping at Home Bargains: Pretty in Pink - Eyelashes on everything including bags, mugs, pyjamas, hairbrushes, cushions....

I think I'm in love honeys 😍 I need to think about this some more.  I mean we are trying to declutter our home, but it is adorable....  I'm in a Rosie quandry 😊  Sitting alongside the bags are pyjamas with the same pattern and just underneath the bags are the next items and yes they have those eyelashes again 😊

Let's go shopping at Home Bargains: Pretty in Pink - Eyelashes on everything including bags, mugs, pyjamas, hairbrushes, cushions....

Such adorable coffee cups πŸ’—

Then there is this sweet cushion too...

Let's go shopping at Home Bargains: Pretty in Pink - Eyelashes on everything including bags, mugs, pyjamas, hairbrushes, cushions....

No Rosie! You already have cushions stored in those vacuum bags and have to rotate them! No more cushions!  It is pretty though πŸ’–

The eyelash pattern can also be seen on large hairbrushes...

Let's go shopping at Home Bargains: Pretty in Pink - Eyelashes on everything including bags, mugs, pyjamas, hairbrushes, cushions....

This area of the store started to feel like a sea of pink things.  I was a happy Rosie πŸ’  Above you can see hairbrushes (including nestled in among the pinks a tiny, copper hairbrush with letters on them) false nails and just, almost out of sight, another drawstring bag.  I've looked and I don't have any photos of it which is very strange but it's more of a satin material and the design is of a pair of ballet shoes πŸ’– 

That brings us to unicorns πŸ˜ŠπŸ¦„  Who doesn't love unicorns?  First up are these bath bombs...

Let's go shopping at Home Bargains: Pretty in Pink - Unicorns, rainbows & dreams...

They're quite large actually and smell wonderful. 

Across the shelf from the bath bombs are these battery powered LED lights in the form of unicorns and rainbows...

Let's go shopping at Home Bargains: Pretty in Pink - Unicorns, rainbows & dreams...

Next there are a lots of little sparkly bags, key rings (I'm loving the bright rainbow one at the top of the image below) as well as a unicorn eye mask/sleeping mask and a set of pretty sparkly nail files from the Lunar range (a beautiful new (to me) range showing star constellations & signs of the zodiac, more of that in a minute) which seem to have been put back in the wrong place...
 
Let's go shopping at Home Bargains: Pretty in Pink - Unicorns, rainbows & dreams...

Also in this section are these adorable little ballet slippers with a unicorn design.  Next to the slippers are think, woolly slippers socks and unicorn stickers...

Let's go shopping at Home Bargains: Pretty in Pink - Unicorns, rainbows & dreams...

Again in this section are these shimmering, sequin covered eye masks or sleep masks...

Let's go shopping at Home Bargains: Pretty in Pink - Unicorns, rainbows & dreams...

They have the label "Believe" on them so they belong to the Unicorn range too. 

I spotted these adorable little wooden letter signs in the home decor  section..

Let's go shopping at Home Bargains: Pretty in Pink - Unicorns, rainbows & dreams...

They're available in blue, pink and a sort of beige shade and spell out dream.  I bought a blue one and now just have to find the right place for it.  I'm thinking next to my desk or maybe in the kitchen on the shelf with my baking things. 

Now, onto that Lunar range I mentioned...

Lunar - Star Constellations & Signs of the Zodiac...


How pretty is this range honeys?

Let's go shopping at Home Bargains: Lunar - Signs of the zodiac appear on everything from cosmetic bags to glasses, necklaces & candles...

In the above photo are the cosmetic bags, showing as most of the range does, the constellations of each star sign. 

This same design appears on glasses and candles...

Let's go shopping at Home Bargains: Lunar - Signs of the zodiac appear on everything from cosmetic bags to glasses, necklaces & candles...

as well as on these glass plaques with blue hanging ribbons...

Let's go shopping at Home Bargains: Lunar - Signs of the zodiac appear on everything from cosmetic bags to glasses, necklaces & candles...

The range also includes these bath bombs...

Let's go shopping at Home Bargains: Lunar - Signs of the zodiac appear on everything from cosmetic bags to glasses, necklaces & candles...

and necklaces in their own gift boxes too...

Let's go shopping at Home Bargains: Lunar - Signs of the zodiac appear on everything from cosmetic bags to glasses, necklaces & candles...


Next onto the sweetest range, it was so, so difficult not to bring all of it home with me it's so pretty 😍

I adore bumble bees and butterflies so this range of tea things could have been made with me in mindπŸ’—

Bumblebees & Butterflies...  


First up are these beautiful cup and saucer sets in pink and blue with, of course, the bumblebees & butterflies in their design and the pink set even has roses!

Let's go shopping at Home Bargains: Bumblebees & Butterflies - A beautiful, delicate range of ceramics to make afternoon tea delightful...

Next there is a matching small teapot with it's own knitted tea cosy, again featuring the bumblebees & butterflies, to help keep afternoon tea warm...

Let's go shopping at Home Bargains: Bumblebees & Butterflies - A beautiful, delicate range of ceramics to make afternoon tea delightful...

Can't have afternoon tea without sandwiches or tiny cakes so the range had to include this adorable ceramic cake stand...

Let's go shopping at Home Bargains: Bumblebees & Butterflies - A beautiful, delicate range of ceramics to make afternoon tea delightful...

The last item i saw in this range (although there may be more available I'm not sure) is this large ceramic cookie jar in the shape of a cake shop...

Let's go shopping at Home Bargains: Bumblebees & Butterflies - A beautiful, delicate range of ceramics to make afternoon tea delightful...

Aren't they perfect honeys? 


Useful & Beautiful Homeware Items...


These are all of the other things I liked that didn't fit into any other category but I had to include them just because I liked them so much 😊

First up are these VW camper van mugs 😊  What is is about these little camper vans that make everyone's heart melt and just feel like smiling? 

Let's go shopping at Home Bargains: VW camper coffee mugs - how much fun are these adorable coffee mugs?

You might have heard me say that Hubby loves them and this isn't the first time I've seen related items in Home Bargains and actually bought some things from here before.  You can see them here.

Next item is another mug but again I'm kicking myself for not bringing one home 😊

Let's go shopping at Home Bargains: Plant pot shaped coffee mugs -  Perfect to sip my afternoon tea in the garden...

We're finally headed into Spring, the garden is starting to wake from it's long Winter nap and how perfect is this cup to sip tea from while tending my roses?  At 89p too I think I need to add one to a shopping list just for the smiles while I'm in the garden 😍

Next are some good, heavy mason jars.  Unlike the copper edged ones from earlier (you can see the smaller copper ones in the photo below) these mason jars have screw on lids. 

Let's go shopping at Home Bargains: Large 1 litre mason jars - Perfect for canning, preserves and pickling or equally at home as storage for dry goods such as flour, sugar and legumes such as lentils.

I was thinking they might be perfect for canning, preserves and pickling or equally at home as storage for dry goods in the pantry such as flour, sugar and legumes such as lentils. These large mason jars hold one litre and are only 99p!

Speaking of bargains, I spotted these wall organisers...

Let's go shopping at Home Bargains: Wall organiser - Keeps items such as brooms, mops etc up off the floor and tidily organised and at hand for when they're needed.

We already have one of these wonderful items hanging near our back door, by the cupboard and it keeps items such as brooms, mops and our sweeper up off the floor, tidily organised and at hand for when they're needed.  I picked up another one because the one we have certainly cost us more than 99p and I have an idea of where I can use it.

Do you use those velvet effect slim hangers honeys?  It took me quite a while but I eventually replaced all of our plastic hangers and those hangers you're sent home with when you buy a top or dress at Asda/Walmart with these...

Let's go shopping at Home Bargains: Velvet effect non slip hangers - packs of 10.

At £2.99 for 10 these hangers are already a bargain I think but while in-store I noticed they now sell a larger pack of 25...

The pack of 25 are only £4.99 too so it's much cheaper than buying the packs of 10.  It's good to know and if I ever need any more of them I'll buy the larger pack. 

Let's go shopping at Home Bargains: Velvet effect non slip hangers - now available in larger packs of 25 hangers.

Lastly (for today) are these assorted signs and wall decor I spotted...
 
Let's go shopping at Home Bargains: home decor items.

All of them are lovely but I wasn't looking for indoor items.  As I said the garden is starting to wake up and I'll be looking for items to decorate our outdoor space. 

Well honeys, I'm going to stop for now because it's very late (after 1am) and I have a very busy, very long shift ahead of me.  Next time I'll share the rest of the photos taken on my mini shopping trip. 

Till next time dear ones, smile lots and hug even more.  Stay warm and safe, winter hasn't quite gone yet and the winds have been so chilly.  Hugs always xx

Hugs always, Rosie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment