Monday 29 June 2020

Garden Smiles: Apples, Garden Guests & Those Bee Bombs Begin To Grow ๐Ÿ

Disclaimer: I have not been paid to promote Bee Bombs or any other products in this post. I'm just sharing a few little smiles spotted in the garden ๐Ÿ˜Š


Hi Honeys,
How are you today?  Still warm here and we had the most torrential rain all through last night.  Great for the garden but not so great for anyone's arthritis.

I'm currently in the grip of an arthritis flare. If you're battling a chronic illness too during the current lock-down, please be kind to yourself honeys.  Try to rest, allow yourself the time and space to re-charge energy stores and to feel better.  Easier said than done, I know. Please try ๐Ÿ’—

Garden Smiles: Counting my blessings with apples, garden guests and those "bee bombs" growing lovely new plants for our buzzy friends :)

On to today's little smile then ๐Ÿ˜Š  Do you remember the adorable little package of Bee Bombs I planted recently?  I knew, from the information on the pretty card supplied with the Bee Bombs, that I might have to be patient in my wait for the burst of colours I'm hoping to see in their planter.

At their website the makers said the wildflowers that make up the bee bombs are very hardy but can be "slow growers."  Well, imagine my surprise when I noticed lots of little shoots appearing already...

Garden Smiles: Those "bee bombs"  are already growing lovely new plants for our buzzy friends :)

Even seeing these little shoots in a photograph makes me feel better. The first half of this year has been so full of uncertainty for all of us. It's been more than anything consumed by covid-19.  I lost a very dear work friend to this awful virus and I'm still trying to cope with this loss. I've always been a great believer in counting my blessings but these past months, every single day I'm just so thankful for the people who are, and have ever been, a part of my life.

I'm praying that this virus will go away without taking anyone else and I think we'll all be counting our blessings so much more after it's gone.

Apple Blossom gives way to apples ๐Ÿ 


In our tiny garden, the birds carry on singing, the bees carry on buzzing around the lavender and the apple blossom gives way to perfect Bramley apples on our little apple tree. 

All of the beautiful sunshine we've been blessed with recently, along with the equally beautiful Scottish rain of course, have been perfect for the apples as you can see...
 
Garden Smiles: Counting my blessings with apples, garden guests and those "bee bombs" growing lovely new plants for our buzzy friends :)

With all of the worry and stress in the world dear ones, the garden just carries on doing exactly what it's always done.

Garden Smiles: Counting my blessings with apples, garden guests and those "bee bombs" growing lovely new plants for our buzzy friends :)

The grass keeps growing, the blueberries (planted as a food source for our precious, feathery garden guests) and the apples have all appeared and Jade is still trying to make friends with the little squirrel who visits every day. ๐Ÿ’–

In the autumn, there will be another harvest of lovely apples and I'll set about making yummy apple crumbles or apple turnovers which, I'm praying will be in a post covid world that will let me share these yummy baked goods with our neighbours, just as I did last year.

Garden Smiles: Counting my blessings with apples, garden guests and those "bee bombs" growing lovely new plants for our buzzy friends :)

Till then, I'll watch the garden grow, the bees buzz happily around the lavender at the back door, watch our beautiful feathery garden guests every day from the kitchen window and keep on praying that the world goes back to whatever normal is going to be, sooner rather than later.

Till next time, please stay safe and well dear ones. Sending love and hugs always xx

Thank you honeys, hugs always xx

No comments:

Post a Comment