Wednesday 14 June 2017

Guest Post By Jade, Our Beloved Furbaby

Hello
My name is Jade.  I'm seven years old, I'm a Staffie cross and (I know this because my Mum tells me all the time) I'm the prettiest, smartest, best dog in the whole world.

I'm excited today because Mum has agreed to let me write a guest post for her blog...

Guest Post By Jade Our Beloved Furbaby

If you've visited Mum's blog before you'll know me from my ever present photo on the right hand side of the page, but, you know, I'm more than just a pretty face, so I thought I'd share a little glimpse of my world ๐Ÿ’“

Beautiful Smiley Jade

I came to live with Mum & Dad when I was quite young really.  Mum asked the vet if she could guess my age when we went to register and to arrange for me to have my inoculations, get a micro chip (Mum says it will help me get home again if I ever get lost) and for me to be dressed so that I don't have puppies.

Jade as a baby

The vet asked Mum why she wanted to know my age because it was clear I was young and Mum said I couldn't have a birthday party if I didn't have a birthday! Well, the vet checked my teeth and said, at a rough guess she thought I was no younger than maybe five months and no older than seven months because I didn't have all of my grown up teeth yet.

Mum said that if the very oldest I could be was seven months and I'd come to live with Mum & Dad from Rescue via my foster Mum on 17th October then she'd take seven months away and that would give me, like her Majesty the Queen, an official birthday.  So, my official birthday is 17th March ๐ŸŽ‚ which Mum's best friend, my Auntie Miriam, says is a very lucky birthday because it's St Patrick's day.

Mum says it was love at first sight when they met me at my foster mums๐Ÿ’“ and together we're a very happy family.  I'm seven now but Dad says I still have the energy of a puppy and make him feel old when we go for long, long walks ๐Ÿ˜Š


I adore naps and love to snuggle under one of my blankets when I nap.  Sometimes I'll snuggle with one of my soft toys when I nap too.
  
Jade has a nap

Among my favourites are my ratties and a soft fluffy panda. I love my soft toys and never tear them. I still have stuffies I got as a puppy!

One of my favourite walks is to go to the huge park near our home.  Dad always brings a ball for me to chase and I have a special water bottle with a little bowl built in in case I get thirsty from all that running and fetching...

Jade enjoys the sunshine in the park with Dad

I don't like to be on my own at all.  Before I came to live with Mum & Dad a human was very mean to me and made me very frightened.  I still don't like loud noises and can be nervous around people I don't know.

Most days Dad goes to a place Mum calls work.  He's gone for a long time, all day long from early (but I always get to go walkies first) till sometimes past teatime.  Mum & I miss him when he's not here but it's OK because we have each other till he gets home.

Before Dad leaves every morning he always rubs my ears and head and asks me to look after Mum for him.  I do this by following her around the house all day and by snuggling next to her when she sits on the sofa.  Mum says I'm her cuddle buddy and that I always makes her smile ๐Ÿ˜Š  Mum goes to this place called work too but she only goes two days a week and when she's gone I always have Dad with me.  Mum always asks me to look after Dad when she goes to work too so I hug him on the sofa and we watch TV and eat snacks (don't tell Mum!) ๐Ÿ˜Š

So we're almost always together and I like this because it means I don't have to be alone and be nervous.  Sometimes Mum has to go see her human vet but she's never gone too long and always cuddles me, tells me where she's going and leaves the TV on for me to watch and so I have company.

I even go with Mum & Dad when they go to vote...

A trip to our local church hall so Mum & Dad can vote... why can't I vote too it looks like fun :)

Voting looks like fun and a lady who works there always makes a fuss of me and rubs my ears.  She has a furbaby too but doesn't bring him which is a shame, it's nice to make new fur friends.

Mum always tells me how beautiful I am and buys me pretty jackets for my walks...

Jade models her latest fashion look

What pretty girl doesn't like fashion after all ๐Ÿ˜Š

Playing fetch is Jade's favourite game.

On my birthday each year we have a family tradition.  We go to my favourite store, pets at home, where I get to choose my own birthday treats.  The staff there are friendly and sometimes I meet new fur friends while wandering the aisles ๐Ÿ˜Š  You can read about this year's trip here ๐Ÿ˜Š It was such fun in spite of the awful weather! I don't like being outside when it's raining - yuk!

This year's birthday trip :)

I much prefer lovely sunny days when I can go walks with Dad and chase a ball...

Jade is tired from chasing her ball

If I could have a wish, just one, it would be for all furbabies in rescues to find a Mum & Dad to love them too.

There are so many furbabies who need a family (and a sofa) of their own.  They have so, so much love to give.  Please, if you ever consider adding a furry family member to your family, please consider adopting?  I promise you won't regret it and your adopted furbaby will love you with his/her whole heart๐Ÿ’“

Our beloved baby Jade

They say that money can't buy love but for the cost of a tiny adoption fee you'll be loved more than you know and will always come home to hugs.
 
Thank you for keeping me company today,  Mum will be back again next post and says I'm to say "hug your furbabies" and to pass on huggles for her ๐Ÿ’—

Love and heaps of fur-hugs always
Love from Jade

No comments:

Post a Comment