Thursday 27 August 2020

A Mini Harry Potter Haul (With The Coolest New House Pen & Stationery Set...)

Disclaimer:  I haven't been paid to promote any products or stores, just wanted to (hopefully) share a little smile x

Hi Honeys,
How are you today? I'm praying that our cousins across the pond stay well in these storms, God bless you all and keep you safe from harm.  As I write this the rain is battering off the windows here and the wind is so loud.  Our furbaby Jade is hugging me on the sofa as always πŸ’•

I'm sorry I haven't posted in so long.  I've actually been silent on all of my social media for longer than I have been in well.... ever really.  I'm feeling so run down and empty honeys and hiding away is how I cope with it.  I do need to give myself a shake though, I really do, no matter how difficult it is.

Hubby has two weeks off from work and we'd planned when he booked his holidays (in January) to use the holiday time scattered throughout the year to work on the house, mostly decluttering of course.  This is the end of the first week and we have lots of huge bags made up and ready to drop off at Barnados but still lots to do.  My spine still really hurts so I'm not much help but Hubby says my job is to go through things and decide what's to be kept or not, so he brings me boxes and bags to sift through.  I married an angel honeysπŸ’–

Hubby does our big shop each week and this week he came home with a Potter tote bag and a big smile for me, bless himπŸ’– (Thank you sweetheart x)  I thought I'd share in case any fellow Potter fans have missed the latest Potter themed arrivals on the market.

A mini Harry Potter Haul with the coolest new pen and stationery set and more....

There are quite a few photos in this post dear ones, why not go make a lovely cuppa, and maybe grab a cookie or two, and meet me after the page break (just press the read more link) See you in a mo...

Back again honeys?  Do you have your cuppa?  Me too ☕ 😊 Let's take a look then will we?


Keeping Clutter Sorted With Potter Themed Storage Boxes From The Works...


I'm really loving these Potter themed, flat pack storage boxes! Love them, love them, love them πŸ’  I've used them to pack lots of my smaller Potter items away in. Things like badges, notebooks, pens and quills, some of the mugs are in there, just assorted collectables etc.

The boxes themselves are quite sturdy, very well made I think, and are supplied flat pack.  They're simple to put together though as it's only the base that requiring building and the corners/sides fasten together using two metal "press studs" on each corner.

The boxes are packed in a clear bag, as you can see in the photo below, and are available in so many designs, not just Potter themed ones...

Smiles with a mini Harry Potter haul: Potter themed storage boxes help keep clutter at bay and look great too.

The base of the storage box is, as I said, "flat pack" and is stored inside the lid of the box...

Smiles with a mini Harry Potter haul: Potter themed storage boxes help keep clutter at bay and look great too.

There are (according to their website) three different Potter designs.  The box above, has crossed wands on the sides under the handles, and with a drawing of Hogwarts in gold against the black background on the other two sides.

This design has a large Hogwarts crest on the lid...

Smiles with a mini Harry Potter haul: Potter themed storage boxes help keep clutter at bay and look great too.

and, on the sides, the House crests...

Smiles with a mini Harry Potter haul: Potter themed storage boxes help keep clutter at bay and look great too.

There is a third design, a Quidditch themed storage box, which you can see here, on The Works website here honeys.  The boxes cost £7 each but right now they're 2 boxes for £10.  I have them siting in the corner of the bedroom upstairs and now all of my smaller Potter things are still near to hand, but they're all tidied away and the bedroom looks much less cluttered.

Off then to Primark for the rest of this mini Potter haul...

Smiles with a mini Harry Potter haul: Potter themed stationery and a sustainably sourced cotton tote bag complete our mini Potter haul.

This really was such a sweet surprise from Hubby, he knows how much I adore these too-cute little chibi versions of the Potter world.

An Adorable Potter Themed Cotton Tote Bag...


This lovely tote bag is way too cute to use for grocery shopping but it's also way too cute to not use πŸ˜ƒ  The best thing about it though honeys, other than it's obvious adorableness of course, is that these bags are made from sustainably sourced cotton.  Good job PrimarkπŸ’š

Smiles with a mini Harry Potter haul: The Potter themed haul includes this adorable sustainably sourced cotton tote bag.

This bag is very similar to their previous version of this adorable little tote but I don't mind, it's Potter themed, it's beyond endearing and can roll up and hide in your bag until needed.  It's making me smile just looking at this photo honeys πŸ’–

Zipped Stationery Pouch Containing Lots of Little Goodies...


Who else loves stationery far too much? 😊 My favourite being notebooks of course, can't ever have too many notebooks πŸ’–  At first sight I thought this might be (an especially adorable) wee pencil case and expected to find maybe a pen or pencils and the usual pencil case things inside.

In fact, there are so many cute little items included in this stationery set, including the sweetest little notebook.  I'm sure wee ones would love to find this in their backpack for back to school time and it would be equally fab to slip into a handbag so that you can make notes on the go...

Smiles with a mini Harry Potter haul: The Potter themed haul includes this adorable stationery pouch with lots of goodies inside...

As you can see honeys, the zipped pouch has the Chibi versions of the Potter characters printed all over and is see through.  Let's take a look at what's inside shall we? 

Smiles with a mini Harry Potter haul: The Potter themed haul includes this adorable stationery pouch with lots of goodies inside...

From the top of the photo honeys:

1. Zipped pouch.
2. two pencils.
3. Five small sets of narrow post it type notes, each with a Potter character on it.
4. A pencil sharpener with a Harry playing Quidditch design.
5. Four small erasers in the shape of Hedwig, Hermione, Harry and Ron.
6. A notebook with cute designs printed at the top and bottom of each page (more on that in a mo)
7. A small ruler.

The pages of the notebook have Albus Dumbledore and Harry printed at the bottom of each page, with Hogwarts in the background...

Smiles with a mini Harry Potter haul: The Potter themed haul includes this adorable stationery pouch with lots of goodies inside. The notebooks pages have tiny Potter characters printed at the top and bottom of each page.

At the top of each page Harry is on his broomstick, trying to catch the Golden Snitch...

Smiles with a mini Harry Potter haul: The Potter themed haul includes this adorable stationery pouch with lots of goodies inside. The notebook's pages have tiny Potter characters printed at the top and bottom of each page.

There are no words for how much I love these little notebooks honeys πŸ’— They're the perfect size to have in your handbag to jot down notes on the go, doctors appointments, phone numbers and grocery lists.  The fact that they're so adorable that they make you smile every time you pull them out of your bag is just a bonus πŸ˜„  This little stationery set is £3 and I think it's worth every penny for sheer cuteness overload alone 😍

Slytherin House Pen...


We've reached the last item in our mini haul and I think I've saved the best for last.  How awesome is this pen honeys?  

Smiles with a mini Harry Potter haul: The Potter themed haul includes this beautiful Slytherin House pen.

According to Hubby, there is a pen for each House, they're all of them £2 each, and naturally, he brought me Slytherin.  I like to think I'm quite a nice person actually, before anyone jumps to conclusions (lol) but for the last almost 40 years I've been a dyed in the wool, embedded in my heart till the end of me, admirer of the beyond wonderful actor Alan Rickman.

I only lost my heart to the world of Potter and Hogwarts because I'd gone to see the first movie to see Mr Rickman as Professor SnapeπŸ’–  So, of course, there could only ever be one House for this Potter fan πŸ˜ŠπŸ’š

Thank you so much for keeping me company honeys.  I really will try my best not to be such a hermit Rosie, it's just not so easy right now is all, but I'll try.  Till next time dear ones, smiles lots and stay safe, hugs always xx

Hugs always honeys, Rosie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment