Tuesday 3 April 2018

Let's Make Some Marvellous Mini Hasselback Potatoes

Hi Honeys
How was your Easter? I hope you had fun, found lots of eggs and even more smiles and hugs 😊  Working in retail as I do, you can imagine I had very busy shifts to get through but they were so much fun too 😊

On Saturday we had a "dress down" day where instead of our uniforms we were to wear something "spring like."  Of course that meant pastels for me and I wore the prettiest baby blue blouse I had forgotten I even had!  I found it while searching through my cupboard, having bought it on sale who-knows-how-long-ago 😊

As part of Sunday dinner I decided to experiment with one of Hubby's favourite potato dishes, the wonderful, versatile and incredibly yummy Swedish Hasselback potatoes.  Till now I've always used medium to large baking potatoes, my favourite being King Edwards but I've used lots of different types of potato including sweet potatoes.  All of them have been scrumptious! You just can't go wrong with these fabulous roasted potatoes honeys πŸ˜‹

So, what did I do differently then?  Well since I'd bought some Scottish baby potatoes for our Sunday dinner I thought I'd try the Hasselback method of cooking them, thinking it might be interesting since they're much smaller than the more usual baking potatoes.

Marvellous Mini Hasselback Potatoes

Don't they look amazing?  There are just no words for how delicious these smaller version of one of Hubby's favourites were and I'll definitely be making them again.  Let's see how I made them shall we?


Marvellous Mini Hasselback Potatoes


Ingredients


Enough "baby" or small potatoes for everyone
Olive Oil
Rough sea salt
Freshly ground black pepper

Directions 


1. Wash potatoes thoroughly.  Very carefully slice each potato all the way along, not allowing the knife to cut all the way through the potato.  Remember honeys, we're not cutting the potatoes into pieces, only cutting partially through each potato until you have lots of little slices or slits.

I do this by placing the potato into the "bowl" part of a wooden spoon so that the edge of the spoon stops the knife from cutting all the way through the potato.

2. When you've prepared all of your baby potatoes, fetch your baking sheet, tray or whatever you're going to cook the potatoes in. I used a clear roasting dish which I sprayed with olive oil.

3. Rub each potato thoroughly with olive oil until they're coated all over in it.  Place each potato into your oiled baking dish.     

Marvellous Mini Hasselback Potatoes - Coat the sliced potatoes thoroughly in olive oil

4. I then used my little spray bottle of olive oil and gave the potatoes an extra spritz making sure the oil drizzled into the slits in the potatoes.

Marvellous Mini Hasselback Potatoes - Coat the sliced potatoes thoroughly in olive oil allowing the oil to seep into the slices

5. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.  I always use "rough" sea salt and freshly ground black pepper but you don't have to honeys.

Marvellous Mini Hasselback Potatoes - Season with rock salt and ground black pepper

6. Place your potatoes onto the middle shelf of the oven at 200°C, fan 180°C and Gas Mark 6.     

Baking times vary depending on the variety of potato used but will usually be from 35-45 minutes.  Check by carefully piercing the potato with a knife.  The potatoes are cooked when the skins are crisp and the potato is soft inside, allowing the knife to easily pass through the potato.

Marvellous Mini Hasselback Potatoes - when cooked the potatoes will have a slightly crispy skin and will be lovely and soft inside.

The whole family will absolutely adore these mini versions of the popular Swedish roasted potato πŸ˜‹

Marvellous Mini Hasselback Potatoes - Delicious, super easy to make and a perfect side to any meal.

When I make these again, and I so will! Hubby loved these mini versions of one of his favourite potato side dishes 😊  Well, when I do make them again I'm going to experiment with tiny fillings possibly alternating tiny slices of cheese and pepperoni into the slices or slits. 

All of your favourite fillings for the larger Hasselback potatoes can so easily be scaled down and used to turn these marvellous mini versions extra special 😊 

Marvellous Mini Hasselback Potatoes - Delicious, super easy to make and a perfect side dish to any meal.

Do you love Hasselback potatoes too honeys? Do you have favourite fillings?  Have you ever tried this method on baby or mini potatoes?  It's been a few years since I first heard about this method of baking potatoes, you can see a past post on them here, but they're still a regular part of Dinner around here 😊 

I hope your week is off to a great start dear ones, till next time, smile lots and hug even more, huggles always honeys xx

Huggles Always, Rosie xx

2 comments:

  1. Hey Rosie. Thank You Dear Heart. Shared on facebook @healthyhorizons.guru
    Have a wonderful day everyone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Shawnee, I'm so, so sorry!! I missed your lovely comment! I'm so sorry, it so made me smile when I found it too, I'm trying to do some blog tidying and that's when I found it. Thank you so much for visiting, for sharing this post and for this lovely, sweet comment. I hope you're having a wonderful week honey, sending heaps of hugs xx

      Delete