Saturday 23 September 2017

Saturday Smiles: Thoughts On the Arrival of Autumn & Roses in the Rain

Hi Honeys
Happy Autumn everyone 😊 Yesterday was the first day of Autumn or Fall.  What happened to this year?  It's just flown past with super speed again.

This is usually the time of year when I start telling all who'll listen that I want to hibernate till next Spring 😊  I'm just not an Autumn/Winter person honeys.

I absolutely thrive on the optimism of Spring, the "I can't wait to see what this year brings" feeling I get as the darkness and cold of Winter begins to leave.  Closely followed, of course, by the longer days of Summer bringing with them the possibility of (hopefully) lots of lovely laundry days 😊

Nothing, for me, compares to the excitement of opening the curtains in the morning to see blue skies, fluffy clouds, knowing I don't have work that day and I can happily spend the day pegging out laundry 😊

My favourite days always have laundry in them!

Autumn brings the shortening of days and with it the encroaching darkness that will have us in it's grip for months until the blessed release of next Spring.

During the deepest parts of Winter, here in the west coast of Scotland, it is completely dark by 3.30-4 pm and won't begin to get light again until sometimes after 9 am next day.  That is a whole lot of darkness dear ones and just drains the life out of me.

The damp and cold also play havoc with my arthritis too so you can understand why I don't welcome this time of year and instead want to scoot off upstairs with a hot water bottle and our furbaby Jade (she loves to snuggle as much as I do, she's my cuddle buddy) not to be seen again until the weather is fit for a small Rosie to peg laundry out in 😊

So, with almost constant rain this past week and in need of some cheering I headed out into the garden (next to being in the kitchen doing laundry, our little garden in my next favourite place) and found my smile 😊

How can anyone feel even remotely glum honeys when they open their front door and see this...

Autumn arrives but there is still beauty in the garden.

Is there anything so beautiful as raindrops on a rose?

Autumn roses in the rain.

Every raindrop caught resting on a rose petal is forever preserved and protected in a bubble of time.... or at least in a photograph I can look at to cheer myself up while waiting for Winter to finally end 😊

Have a wonderful weekend honeys, whatever you have planned, have fun, smile lots and hug even more.  Till next time dear ones, huggles always xx

Huggles Always, Rosie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment