Friday 22 August 2014

Coping with loss & looking for beauty

Hi honeys
I'm sorry I haven't posted for a while. I haven't been coping very well.  You might know from my last post that our family suffered a terrible loss recently and we're all trying to find a way of accepting & dealing with it. I've spent the past week or so trying very hard not to think.  It's too raw right now and I have no defence against the pain or the hurt.

I've been trying to keep myself busy. Too busy to think.  I designed some cards for Mum with lovely quotes I found.  I have a beautiful rose candle to light for her.  We always sent Mum roses on her Birthday & on Mothers Day every year. I can't bear that I'll never get to do that again.

This is one of the cards I made for Mum, the poem is so beautiful, I wish I knew who wrote it.  I've tried to find out but haven't had any luck, does anyone know? I'd love to find out.

Loss, Bereavement, Missing You,


I found designing cards for Mum helped a little. I was doing something. I can't bring our dear angel back, and God knows I want to so badly, but I could make these little cards in the hope they might bring some comfort to our family.  As I said, it distracted me from thinking for a while and I was glad of that because thinking leads to a lot of pain.

I'm trying to remind myself there is still such beauty around us, so much to be grateful for, even though right now it feels a little harder to find.  Looking for something beautiful, I thought I'd take another photo of the lavender in our front garden to share with you.  It's so pretty this year and smells glorious. It wasn't until I was looking at the photos that I noticed a tiny, precious visitor to our garden, captured in the photograph.  Can you see him honeys?

A tiny precious visitor to our garden makes me smile! Good morning Mr Bumble Bee and welcome.

I know that in the scheme of things it's such a tiny thing, literally, but our little visitor made me smile when I noticed him, forever safe in this little bubble of time.  Here he is....

Such beauty in nature, an unexpected tiny garden guest among the lavender. Thank you Mr Bumble Bee for making me smile.

Thank you to this tiny, unexpected garden guest. I so needed a reason to smile, and there he is. 

I promise I'll try to give myself a shake honeys. I have a few posts just waiting to be written up and it will help keep me busy while time passes. They say that only time heals wounds don't they?  I read once somewhere that the amount of pain felt when we lose someone is equal to the amount of love we had for that person. 

Mum was a sweet, smart, funny, brave lady who had such a huge heart and she was such an important part of my life. I miss her terribly and I always will. 

Till next time honeys, sending heaps of hugs xx

6 comments:

  1. This was a lovely post, and really made me think.

    It's so good that you're trying to see the beauty in things. I lost four people last month and really struggled to keep positive, but I'm finally getting back on track again.

    But I can't fathom how you must be feeling with your loss. It's amazing that you're seeing the beauty in life, and celebrating hers, but also remember that it's okay to grieve. We as your readers want what's best for you. So don't worry if you don't fancy blogging for a little while! We'll be here when you feel ready :)

    All the best to you, and I'm always around if you need a chat!

    You're a beautiful person Rosie, and I'm sure your mum was too. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh Hazel I'm so sorry to hear of your losses honey xx You're such a sweet, lovely person and you shouldn't have to go through that. I can't begin to tell you what your comment, and finding it here, means to me, thank you so, so much for being so kind sweetheart. Not many people would understand, she was my Mother-in-law but for so many years she was just "my wee Mum." World class knitter, solver of all problems, shoulder to cry on, co-conspirator in fun, giggles & silliness, and owner of the hugest heart. I don't know what I'll do without her. Hubby was so lucky to have had her as a Mum and I was blessed to be allowed to share her.

      Thank you so much Hazel, it means such a lot to me to find your comment, made me cry, but in a good way. Sending you mountains of love and hugs sweetheart xxx

      Delete
  2. I'm sending love and well-wishes to you and your family xxx

    In regards to the poem I have done some research and think that it's two poems that have been put together - I've found the first verse and it is from a poet Colin Gordon-Farleigh (here's the link to where I found it).

    Jemma xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jemma, thank you so much for visiting and for your sweet comments. You found the poem for me! Thank you so much honey, I really tried to find it, I love it and am off to print it out so I can save a copy.

      That was such a sweet thing for you to do and I'm so grateful. I'm going to search the poet, Colin Gordon Farleigh, too and see what else he's written. Thank you so much honey, and for your lovely comments too. Sending heaps of hugs xx

      Delete
    2. Hello Rosie, Although a poet of more years than I care to admit to (!), I'm primarily known these day for being a songwriter and Bluegrass Country Music singer. You can find me on Facebook or my website www.sheerjoymusic.com The website is currently being completely revamped and updated, but the new version should be online by the end of May 2020. Thank you for your kind comments and your interest in my work.

      Delete
    3. Goodness! Colin, thank you so, so much for taking the time to leave your lovely comment. Thank you also for your beautiful words too. I was in so much pain that week and your words make me cry, in a good way though. In the healing way I needed to cry. Thank you so much, you'll never know how much your poem meant (and still means) to me. God bless you, hugs always x

      Delete