Friday 8 September 2017

Colouring, Coping & Catching Up...

Disclaimer:  I haven't been paid to promote any products or business. I'm just sharing my latest smiles.

Hi Honeys
I'm sorry I haven't been posting much lately.  I'm still battling this awful chest infection. I'd started feeling a little optimistic during the start of this week because there is now a (slightly) longer wait between coughing fits. Unless I walk from room to room.

Changes in temperature appear to set the coughing off instantly, even going to the back door to let our furbaby Jade out into the garden. It's been over four weeks now honeys and I'm so, so fed up with feeling ill now especially since earlier this week I started to feel a little better only to slide backwards again.  I've said in the past I don't do pity parties, and I so don't, but I've had it.  I'm willing to admit that it's almost beat me now.

Pain I can live with, all Spoonies do, so the sore lungs and the painful muscles supporting them can be put up with.  Arthritic pain is far worse, but not being able to breathe is frightening.  Waking up coughing and not knowing if I'll end up with my head hanging out the bedroom window desperately gasping for air, well honeys, that I can do without.

I was born with a form of bronchitis which damaged my lungs.  So the breathless thing has been with me for as long as I can remember.  As an adult I know winter usually brings a chest infection and I pretty much know how to cope with it till it gets better but usually it will last no more that a few weeks, generally around three.  This time though, zooming towards my fifth week, I've just had it.  This is the second chest infection this year, the last being in January and I'm praying it'll leave soon.

Enough of my moans dear ones 😊  So, how have I been passing the time then honeys?  I'm tired all the time because I can't sleep (I'm propped up with so many pillows because if I try to lay down, my breathing is apt to just (literally) stop and during the day I'm propped up on the sofa with cushions, a snuggly throw and our furbaby who won't leave my side, bless her.  So, not a whole lot of anything being done around here.

Colouring, Coping & Catching Up - What to do when you're feeling poorly and stuck on the sofa all day...

Do you remember I recently blogged about having discovered adult colouring books and how calming they are honeys?

Well, I'm not exaggerating when I say that colouring has been keeping me (as close as it's possible to  be right now) happy, especially when it hurts to even breathe these past weeks.

Colouring as therapy when ill is calming.

Even though I'm not at all good at it, that doesn't matter.  I find it so calming honeys.  I can sit happily colouring during the night by the light of my bedside lamp without bothering my dear Hubby.  It's a far better distraction from the coughing than the looped info-mercials that seem to dominate night-time TV after a certain hour.


More than that it makes me happy, even when I'm not ill 😊  It lets me un-plug from the world and calm the noise in my head for a while.  It really does help to focus on the lines and the colours and the slight scratching of the pencils on the paper to the exclusion of everything else, just for a while.

It really does help to focus on the lines and the colours to the exclusion of everything else, just for a while.

I actually love colouring so much honeys I did something silly 😊  The colouring pencils I've been using I bought in a pound store (like the dollar tree?) and I decided to treat myself to a nice set of pencils.

When submitting my latest order to a little card catalogue we have, in their special offers section I noticed they had colouring pencils so I added a set to my basket.  When I clicked on the add to basket button a "pop up" box appeared asking me if I wanted to personalise them.  What fun!  So, this happened...

Personalised pencils have been making me smile while I colour..

When the box arrived with the rest of my order I had actually forgotten about them, I have the attention span of Dory from Finding Nemo 😊 so it was a lovely surprise and they've been making me smile since.  It's such a silly thing and the pencils cost so little (I think it was around £2.50 for 24 pencils, 20 colouring pencils and 4 graphite drawing pencils with erasers on the ends.)

What can I say honeys, I don't need diamonds to make me smile 😊 I'm not being sponsored to promote anything but if you want a set you can find them here.  Just sharing the smiles 😊  I'm loving colouring and it really has been helping me cope these past few weeks.

I'd been getting a little upset if I'm honest.  Both Hubby and I had booked a week off work together to get some projects started around our home and the whole week was wasted because it was the second week of this latest attack of lung bothers and it was really at it's worst.  Hubby spent his week looking after me, bless him (thank you sweetheart, love you x)

I have to be the world's worst patient.  I can't bear to sit about, especially when I know there are things to be done.  Unfortunately though when you can't stand up without holding onto the wall you just have to admit defeat and snuggle on the sofa with your furbaby, which is exactly what I did 😊

Cuddles from our baby Jade are better than any medicine 😊  We are in September though honeys, please pull on a sweater before you go out?  Maybe it's time to start looking out your scarves and woolly socks?  These chills, coughs & chest infections are starting to make an appearance, don't let them spoil your autumn/fall?  Even if you think you don't need a sweater as you run out the front door, maybe take one with you anyway?

Be safe, stay warm, be well and have a wonderful weekend full of smiles, hugs and laughter dear ones, till next time, huggles always xx

Hugs Always, Rosie xx

2 comments:

  1. Oh no Rosie, I hope this buggers off soon. Is there anymore the docs can do for you? Big hugs. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leah! Hello honey even seeing your name makes me smile and feel better x

      The most Doctors seem willing to give these days is two weeks of antibiotics with one week of steroids if it doesn't want to go away, then it's huckle down and wait it seems. I'm feeling much better though honey, just the cough that's still bugging me but I have an appointment next Tuesday morning with my GP and I'm back at the hospital (arthritis clinic) on Friday and since one of their meds flattens my immune system, I'll moan at them too :)

      I've signed up for your next webinar with Ms Pomelo on bra pain and I'll keep tweeting it over the next fortnight to try to raise awareness. Such a wonderful topic, especially for fellow spoonies because we put up with enough pain without our undies causing any more :/

      I loved your "What I'm Doing" post yesterday. You do so much more than I do, and achieve so much more, you're an inspiration Leah, you really are. You love Scandi drama too? yaaaayy!! Have you watched Beck? fabby! and of course there is the original versions of "The Bridge" (4th series is being filmed! yaaaayy! I can't wait to see Saga again, my God they put her through a wringer in 3rd series and I still haven't forgiven them for not having Martin there in 3rd series either) and "The Killing" (Sarah Lund made argyle jumpers fashionable again, love her!) and Borgen too. Nothing but nothing though will ever replace the Swedish Wallanders with Krister Henriksson as Kurt Wallander. Love him!! My heart still aches from his last episode :/

      I love that wax jacket you've bought. It looks ideal for snuggling into for walks. You're so right Leah. Maybe even short walks would help with the winter awfulness. Every year I desperately want to just shut down, to hibernate till spring. We get less than 6 hours daylight up here and I swear it just sucks all of the life out of me.

      Here's to a bearable autumn and winter for us both honey and hurry up Spring :) Thank you so much for making me smile by being here, I can't even tell you how much seeing you here brightened my day. Sending mountains of love and hugs always dear wee friend xxx

      Delete