Thursday 20 June 2019

Wanna Join Me On A Shopping Trip Honeys? An Afternoon Of Fun And Smiles :)

Disclaimer:  I haven't been paid to promote any products or shops, just thought you'd like to come with me on a little shopping trip and share the fun x

Hello Honeys,
How are you today?  I'm having a sofa day with our furbaby Jade and trying to ignore the rain pouring down outside.  We really do seem to have had more rainy days than sunny so far this year and it would be lovely to see some sunshine🌻

After an appointment with our lovely practice nurse at the Doctors recently, I decided that since I didn't have a shift at work, I'd go to the hairdressers and have my hair done before heading home.

Well, when I got there the hairdressers was busy and it was obvious that I'd need to wait a while so I thought I'd check out a couple of my favourite shops (the hairdressers is part of our local shopping centre or mall) while I was waiting.

Would you like to share my mini shopping trip with me?

Let's go shopping honeys - An afternoon of fun and smiles :)

There are a lot of images in this post though dear ones so you might want to go fetch a lovely cuppa and maybe a cookie or two?

Back again honeys?  Do you have your cuppa?  Cool! Me too ☕  Settle back then, get cosy, put your feet up and let's take a look shall we?

Primark 

First stop then was Primark.  Does anyone else adore going into Primark?  I'm always keen to see if they have any new items in their Harry Potter range and this visit I saw this huge tankard sized mug of Harry...
 
Let's go shopping honeys - An afternoon of fun and smiles :) Large Game of Thrones and Harry Potter tankards are fabulous!

The enormous Game of Thrones ceramic "Winter is Here" tankard, sitting next to Harry, is labelled on its packaging as an "ale mug" but I can't help thinking it would be prefect for Hubby to drink his tea from ☕ He does love his tea 😊

I really was tempted by the huge Harry mug, it would look awesome on a shelf in our book nook, but I already have the earlier released, smaller (but still large) version which is only Harry's head with his scarf as a handle (the version above has Harry's body and little feet included) so buying another one seemed a little redundant, nice though it is.

Hang on, I'll find a photo of the smaller version so that you can compare and see what I mean...

Harry Potter mug and Potter themed meerkat by Vivid Arts

See what I mean honeys?  He's very cute but also very similar to the larger mug too.  The Potter themed meerkat next to Harry in the above image is from a company called Vivid Arts and can still be found in stores and online in places like Amazon.  Vivid Arts make a whole range of beautiful items but my favourites have to be their meerkats, so adorable!

Well, back to those two large mugs, both the Game of Thrones tankard and the Potter mug with tiny feet, were priced at £8 I think which isn't bad, given how large they are and I'm sure they'd be far more expensive in a collector's shop but I decided against bringing him home.  Now, had it been a Snape tankard honeys.... πŸ’–

Moving on lol 😊

On the next shelf along from Harry and the impossibly large Game of Thrones tea mug (I might have to consider going back for that tankard honeys, Hubby really would love it for his tea....)  well, on the next shelf along there was this adorable ceramic mug based one of the Toy Story 4 characters...

Let's go shopping honeys - An afternoon of fun and smiles :) These chunky ceramic Toy Story 4 mugs (with space for a cookie) are just adorable! Who could resist :)

This mug is all kinds of adorable!  I love that his mouth doubles as storage space for a cookie too 😊  Like I said, all kinds of adorable πŸ’

Every shop seems full to bursting at the moment with Summer stock, understandably so in Scotland because our Summers tend to be very short and generally feel more like a dry day (singular) interlude between the rain storms.  You know the old joke, Summer in Scotland is my favourite day of the year πŸ˜„

Primark though are winning me over with their Disney Summer accessories...

Let's go shopping honeys - An afternoon of fun and smiles :) Lots of Summer items on sale everywhere but I loved these Disney themed ice lolly moulds and ice cream bowls...

Among my absolute favourites are these Mickey shaped bowls.  There is lots of room in the "head" part of the bowl for yummy ice cream and the ears could be used to store toppings for your ice cream such as chocolate sprinkles, little portions of fruit pieces or even a lovely sauce to spoon over your ice cream?

The bowls are in such gorgeous bright colours too making them feel even more "summery."

Let's go shopping honeys - An afternoon of fun and smiles :) I'm loving these Disney themed ice cream bowls, they have lots of space for yummy ice cream on a hot day and the ears sections could even hold little portions of fruit, chocolate sprinkles or even a lovely sauce to spoon over your ice cream :)

As wonderful as the Mickey bowls are, these Mickey design ice lolly moulds would make wee one smile I'm sure...

Let's go shopping honeys - An afternoon of fun and smiles :) How utterly adorable are these Disney themed ice lolly moulds :)

Of course the best reason to make ice lollies at home, rather than buying shop bought lollies, is that you are in complete control of the ingredients and so you know that the lollies you give to your little ones are healthy and not stuffed with e numbers (are those still a thing?) colouring, artificial sweeteners and other additives.

These Mickey ice lolly moulds just happen to be adorable too 😍   Both the bowls and the ice lolly moulds are £5 for a set of four.

Piled up near the checkouts at Primark were these Funko Pop dolls honeys...
 
Let's go shopping honeys - An afternoon of fun and smiles :) Spotted these character dolls from Stranger Things by the checkout...

They appear to be different variations of two characters from the Netflix series Stranger Things.  They've been reduced to £5 so I thought I'd include a photo in case anyone has been collecting or is looking for them.

I know the Funko Pop dolls are hugely popular but it isn't something I've ever collected.  I do have one tiny Funko Pop figure though... can you guess who it is?

Funko Pocket Pop Severus Snape - a sweet gift from Hubby πŸ’–

This darling little Funko Pocket Pop of dear Severus is a key ring and was a sweet surprise gift from Hubby (thank you sweetheart x)

I can't ever visit Primark without picking up a pack of my favourite cleaning accessories... 

Let's go shopping honeys - An afternoon of fun and smiles :) There are no words for how much I love these micro fibre cleaning cloths honeys, I'd be lost without them!

I love these micro fibre cloths!  We use them all over the house for cleaning everything.  The micro fibre cloths in Primark are beautiful as well as great for cleaning as you can see.

The blue set (above) will be used (as all our blue ones are, odd I know honeys, I just find it easier to colour code them for the room they're used in, blue = water = aqua?) for the bathroom, while this set in lovely, summery, florals (below) will be used in the kitchen...

Let's go shopping honeys - An afternoon of fun and smiles :) There are no words for how much I love these micro fibre cleaning cloths honeys, I'd be lost without them!

Aren't they pretty?  I've always thought that if I have to clean, why not make my cleaning accessories fun to use?  These make me smile because they're pretty but they do clean and wash up great and, best of all, are very affordable at £1.25 for a set of 5 cloths.  I love them. Sad I know 😊

Let's go shopping honeys - An afternoon of fun and smiles :) There are no words for how much I love these micro fibre cleaning cloths honeys, I'd be lost without them!

While in Primark I always look at their night wear section.  I adore nighties and pyjamas honeys.  Is there any feeling better than getting home after a busy day, having a lovely shower with your favourite scented foamy stuff and then climbing into a lovely soft nightie or pyjamas?

While in Primark I spotted this fab nightie with those adorable little cartoon versions of the Harry Potter characters...

Let's go shopping honeys - An afternoon of fun and smiles :) I make no apologies, I actually squealed a little in the shop when i spotted this adorable nightie :) Definitely my new favourite!

Do you remember these adorable little versions of the Potter characters?  They've appeared on notebooks, mugs and loads of other products too.  As soon as I saw them on this nightie I fell in love with it.  

This nightie's label has the new branding on it, as you can see from the label in the above photo (with Hedwig and the "Wizarding World of Harry Potter" logo) so it must be new stock?

It's made from the loveliest, softest cotton and only £6 too.  I think I have a new favourite nightie honeys πŸ’–

Those same cute little cartoon versions of the Potter characters appear on this bright, stripey nightshirt too...

Let's go shopping honeys - An afternoon of fun and smiles :) Just when I thought I'd found my new favourite nightie... I spotted this adorable nightshirt! Wait till you see the design on the front...

Instead of being printed all over the nightshirt though it has Harry, Ron and Hermione flying across the front of the nightie on their glittery brooms... well, actually, Ron seems to have fallen off his broom but adorable all the same, don't you think...

Let's go shopping honeys - An afternoon of fun and smiles :) The design on the front of this Harry Potter night shirt is beyond adorable!

The label on this nightshirt had the older, original branding as a label so might be part of older stock?  It's made from the same lovely, soft cotton though and was also priced at £6 so into my basket it went.  I would have kicked myself if I hadn't taken these two nighties home 😍

Wilko


Next, it was into Wilko.  I only went into Wilko to see if they had any packs of Surf Gems in stock.  I've been using both of the varieties of the Surf Gems since they appeared in our local supermarket around a year or so ago but the lovely scented laundry flakes are very difficult to find now.

At the entryway of the Wilko store was a display of household decor items.  It included cushions, art canvases, picture frames, and nestled among them was this beautiful, very shiny, copper or rose gold coloured metal hook rack in the shape of a house...

Let's go shopping honeys - An afternoon of fun and smiles :) Our keys already have a home, a row of the sweetest cast iron kittens whose tails act as the cutest "hooks" but I just couldn't go home without this house shaped "home" hook unit.  Now where to put it...

Even looking at the photo is making me smile 😊  It was only around £2 so I popped one into my basket.  It still hasn't found a home yet, but I'm certain it will eventually.  Possibly upstairs when the front bedroom is re-organised?  Till then it can make me smile 😊

There was no luck in Wilko in finding my much loved Gems laundry flakes but I found a product I hadn't seen before. I can't be the only one who gets excited when she finds a new cleaning product can I? 😊

Well, at the checkout I spotted a large basket full of huge 750ml bottles of this...

Let's go shopping honeys - An afternoon of fun and smiles :) I haven't seen this product before but vinegar is one of my all time favourite cleaning products so I had to pick up this huge bottle.

I use vinegar all the time!  Although I usually just buy the small bottles of distilled white vinegar from the supermarket so a huge, (very strong) pump bottle of my all time favourite cleaning product is a dream come true!  Best of all, it was only £1.20 for this huge bottle!  I'm in love!

I'm also so glad I'd already treated myself to new micro fibre cloths, as a sort of treat.  Now I have this new vinegar product to try out, why not celebrate by using lovely new cleaning cloths 😊   I know what you're thinking honeys, there's no help for me 😊

Probably not, but I'm a happy wee thing anyway with my cleaning cloths, boxes of bicarb, my vinegar and a (hopefully) good sunny day when I can clean till my face aches from smiling πŸ˜ƒ


Poundland


Last stop on our mini shopping trip then and we're off to Poundland.  First aisle I headed to there is the stationery aisle.

I'm very predictable honeys. If Hubby ever loses me in a shop he knows to check the stationery aisle (where he'll no doubt find me hugging all of the notebooks) the cleaning aisle (anything new I haven't seen yet?  Where do they keep their micro fibre cloths?) or if I'm in a shop with clothes it'll be the nightwear department where I'll be rummaging among the nighties looking for lovely, soft cottons 😍

There were lots of lovely things in the stationery and crafting aisle in Poundland but I spotted these little glass jars of stationery accessories and I couldn't resist bringing this jar of staples home with me...

Let's go shopping honeys - An afternoon of fun and smiles :) When did staples get this pretty?

Can you see them honeys?  I should have taken a photo of them outside the jar but you can probably make out the staples through jar.  They're made in lots of different metallic, shiny colours like bright reds, blues, gold, silver and coppers.  When did staples become pretty!

Take that boring old silvery grey staples, these will certainly brighten up paperwork and there are lots of them in the jar too.  The other little glass jars had paper clips, mini bulldog clips etc.  They have lots of lovely copper coloured, shiny accessories too.  All of them beautiful.  Why didn't we have any of these all those years ago when I was at school?

I'm still determined to work on a fairy garden in our back garden.  Unfortunately the weather seems to have other ideas, ho hum.  While in Poundland I spotted this adorable little garden arch...
 
Let's go shopping honeys - An afternoon of fun and smiles :) Fairy garden accessories are appearing everywhere now and they're so sweet!

Isn't it sweet?  I love the design of it with all of the leaves and vines wrapping around and how it looks "weathered" already...

Let's go shopping honeys - An afternoon of fun and smiles :) Fairy garden accessories are appearing everywhere now and they're so sweet!

Apparently this tiny archway is part of a range of fairy garden furniture that includes different styles of fairy houses, garden gates, a little tree swing, a slide, a see saw, so many lovely little items but unfortunately all our Poundland branch had was this single little arch.

I hope they get more of the range in stock, If you search on you tube lots of ladies have many of these tiny accessories and they really are beautiful.

OK honeys, I've kept the best things till last.

Do you remember those cotton totes Poundland have been selling?  They have so many designs, including wonderful Disney designs and of course their range of Harry Potter inspired designs too.  Heading for the checkouts I spotted these and just loved them...

Let's go shopping honeys - An afternoon of fun and smiles :) Saving the best for last! How fabulous are these latest designs in the Harry Potter cotton tote range?

I'm fairly certain they're going to become cushions for our book nook upstairs 😊

Well, that's it for my mini shopping trip honeys.  What have you seen that you've loved on shopping trips recently?  Which are your favourite shops?  Have you seen any of these products and if so, which are your favourites?

Till next time dear ones, smile lots and hug even more, hugs always x

Hugs always, Rosie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment