Thursday 1 February 2018

Happy Homemaking Haul

Disclaimer: I haven't been paid to promote any products, anything mentioned in my little smiley mini haul below was bought and paid for by Hubby & I, just sharing my latest homemaking smiles.

Hi Honeys
Happy February ๐Ÿ˜Š It feels as if the holidays were just days ago but here we are on February first. Of course it's still very cold and we even had a little sleet and snow yesterday (it didn't hang around though thankfully) but we're finally heading towards Spring and I can't wait ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spring is coming - time for a spring clean!

Spring around here means two things.  The first of course is my absolute favourite of the two... laundry!! Lines and lines and lines of lovely laundry pegged outside in the spring sunshine, gently floating in the breeze... joy!!

The other spring joy is cleaning the house from top to bottom.  Throwing windows open to let in the lovely fresh air and making a start on filling boxes to take to our little local charity shop.  I was ill most of last year honeys and didn't get anything I wanted done to our home but I'm determined (with Hubby's help - thank you sweetheart x) to make some headway into organising and purging our home this year ๐Ÿ˜Š

So, let's have a look at our latest home buys shall we? Why not grab a cuppa?

This happy mini haul is all from an online cards & gifts company called Studio.  I've been a customer of theirs for so many years (since they actually used to only sell cards and gifts, they've since evolved into selling household items including furniture as well as fashion, jewellery etc and so much more.) 

The following items are my most recent purchases...

Rectella Gabby Duvet Set


First up then, is a duvet cover set that just screamed "spring" to me ๐Ÿ˜Š It's covered with lots of tiny flowers on one side, with a larger floral print on the other and looks like this...

Gabby Duvet Set by Rectella from Studio

What can I say honeys, some ladies love shoes, I love bedding ๐Ÿ˜Š  I do think this set is pretty though and, as I said, it does absolutely yell spring to me ๐Ÿ˜Š It's made of a lovely polyester cotton mix so it's a breeze to wash and can be chucked into the dryer or even better straight outside onto the line to dry, I'm chuffed and it might be my new favourite set ๐Ÿ˜Š At £7.99 for the double bed size it was also a bargain too. 

Beldray 2 in 1 Handheld Stick Vacuum


I am soooooo loving this!

Beldray Handheld/Stick Vacuum Cleaner

I spotted this and my immediate thought was that it looks so much lighter than our Hoover upright vacuum which is a great vacuum cleaner but I can't bring it downstairs on my own.  It's far too heavy and since my mobility isn't good one of us would be almost certain to fly downstairs closely followed by the other - a major ouchie I'd really rather avoid. 

Given that it was on sale for £19.99 (a huge saving of £60) it was a win win so, after reading the specs (it has an A energy rating and also has 6 metres of cord) into my basket it went.  When my order arrived I was genuinely surprised by the size of the box.  I opened the far-smaller-than-expected package and sure enough, there inside was a whole vacuum cleaner ๐Ÿ˜Š 

Beldray 2 in 1 handheld/stick vacuum cleaner unboxing

What's even better is that everything, including the attachments (which are floor brush, extendable pole, brush tool and crevice tool) everything all fits easily into a small cotton tote bag I retrieved from our shopping bags collection.  This little cotton tote will now be its designated home and will be given it's own hook to hang on in the kitchen cupboard ready to grab & clean ๐Ÿ˜Š

It's so light weight (a positive boon for people like me who have arthritic joints) the attachments change over in seconds without wrestling with them and it's so easy to empty too. Definitely a win, win honeys ๐Ÿ˜Š  Why didn't I know about these cool little machines before?

Studio have a video on their You Tube page which I'll add below so you can see why I'm so excited...


2 in 1 Spray Mop


I know, I know.  There must be better things to be excited about than cleaning supplies and equipment but I can't help it ๐Ÿ˜Š  This item was what took me to the Studio page to begin with. I'd been watching a video on you tube (does anyone else like to put on cleaning or organising videos while doing their own housework? I find it helps keep me motivated and I get more done) I had spotted one of these mops being used.  

I was curious.  A mop I can use without the worry that I'll have a fall by tripping over or kicking the mop bucket you say?  For anyone with mobility issues this is amazing! I ran a search for spray mop and this item was among the search results...
2-in-1 Spray Mop from Studio

Unlike the Beldray stick vacuum cleaner this mop was much bigger than I had thought it would be but it's light as a feather, it's supplied with a spare microfibre "head" for the mop part as well as for the squeegee or window/shower cleaner part (one to use while the other is in the wash?) and it's a breeze to use too! 

There is a bottle that attaches easily to the front of the mop pole which you can fill with whatever.  I use warm water with a few drops of my beloved Zoflora disinfectant and away I go ๐Ÿ˜Š No more worrying about tripping over the mop bucket! 

I'm not getting rid of my mop bucket though honeys.  I'm so loving this spray mop for quick cleans but I think the mop bucket and conventional mop will still be used during "deep cleans" but Hubby always helps with those so this spray mop is just the best thing for day to day cleaning and will make life so much easier for me.  

Again, Studio has a video on their you tube channel which I thought I'd include so you can see what I'm talking about....



Rosie's Pantry Cookie Jar 


Onto the final item then, a sweet, beautiful gift from my dear Hubby (thank you sweetheart x) There isn't anything I'm not absolutely loving about this honeys...

Rosie's Pantry Storage Jar

I've always loved the Rosie's Pantry line (with a name like that how could I not?) and Hubby brought home this gorgeous, heavy ceramic storage jar in a pretty cream shade...

With a name like Rosie's Pantry how could I not love this?

I ran a search online to see if I could find a company website to share with you but, try as I did, I couldn't find one.  The only place I've ever seen the Rosie's Pantry items is in the Christmas catalogue from Boots every year but they didn't come up on a search of their site either, although that's where Hubby bought the storage jar for me. 

This does seem very odd.  The Rosie's Pantry range, which includes items such as tea cups & saucers, cake stands and the sweetest little measuring cups, is so beautiful and surely it can't only be available during the holidays from Boots?  It does seem strange.  I'll have to investigate some more.

I really do love the look of this gorgeous storage jar.  It's very simple, classic design would look at home in anyone's kitchen.  It's pretty large so lots of storage room but I'm still not sure what I'll use it for. 

Beautiful Rosie's Pantry storage jar with the outer packaging band removed

Until I decide though, I'll just sit it on one of the shelves in the kitchen and it'll make me smile every time I see it ๐Ÿ˜Š  Isn't it pretty honeys? I'm loving the little bird sitting on the lid...

Adorable little bird sitting on top of the storage jar just makes it perfect!

That's it for my latest little smiles.  Over to you honeys.  I know I must be (as usual) late to the party so to speak but do you already use a stick vac or a spray mop to make housework easier?  Are you a bedding fan like me?  Have you heard of the Rosie's Pantry line?  

Till next time dear ones, sending heaps of stay warm hugs x

Huggles Always, Rosie xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment