Friday 14 April 2017

Retail Therapy: A Peek At My Latest Avon Delivery...

Disclaimer: I haven't been paid to promote any products, just sharing my own latest purchases and hopefully a couple of smiles x

Hi Honeys
Here we are at Good Friday already, where has the beginning of this year gone?  Again time is passing so fast.  This weekend will be so busy at work.  As with every other year the store will run out of chocolate Easter eggs, except maybe for the Pot Noodle and the Marmite flavoured ones, or at least that's what happened last year.

Lots of people will complain, as they do every year, that we've run out of stock and, as with every other year, they'll be reminded that we've had Easter eggs on the shelves since January.    

Happy Easter, dear ones,  to you and your family, whatever you have planned for this weekend I hope you have heaps of fun.  I have such happy childhood memories of Easter.  On Easter Sunday I would have a new dress and shoes and would wear them to church and later in the day we would have an Easter egg hunt, organized by our Sunday School, searching for boiled eggs painted brightly with water colours.

Precious, smile filled memories 😃

Other smiles this week included a visit by my lovely Avon representative who dropped by to deliver my latest order and for a chat.  I thought I'd share the contents of my order with you to see if you've used any of these products and if so, I'd love to hear what you think of them.  I'll add links where they're available honeys in case you want to check them out.

A Peek At What Was Included In My Latest Order From Avon

First up then are four of the shower gels from the Avon Senses range...

Assorted Avon Senses Shower Gels

These shower gels are lovely honeys.  The different scents are amazing, I've ordered different scents in my last three orders, and Hubby likes them too.  Last order I had added the Amazon Jungle (sage & sandlewood scent), X-Treme (grapefruit & cedarwood) Ocean Surge (peppermint & marine) & Intense Freshness (a limited edition scented with bergamot & cardamon) for him.

Included this order were:

Rio Cocktail (a Summer limited edition): Lime, rum & mint scent.
Revitalising: with Acai berry extract.
Indulgent: with shea butter extract.
Citrus Zing: juicy citrus & mandarin scent.

I'm loving these shower gels honeys! Such gorgeous, fresh, clean fragrances, they're fabulously lathery (is that a word?) and leave your skin feeling lovely.  In addition these bottles are huge.  I mean seriously huge, a mammoth 500ml and for now they're half price, only costing £1.50 each.   Just my opinion, but I think even £3 is still a bargain for these bottles and would happily pay it.

OK, I've gone a bit crazy over an Avon shampoo I discovered and tried just to see what it was like. First a little background. Over the past year or so, maybe a little longer, and after a lifetime of never doing anymore to my skin than using soap and water, my skin has gone so dry its unbearable.

The skin on my face is now so dry it will actually flake without the masses of cream I'm slapping onto it.  I mean seriously yuk. In addition to this my scalp has gone very dry too.  I've been trying so many shampoos (and face creams) trying to find a solution and then as I said I tried this one...

Avon Naturals Anti Dandruff Shampoo With Tea Tree & Mint


Now, I've only been using it for a couple of weeks, so it might still be too early to say, but my scalp doesn't feel quite so much like a parched, bone dry, desert any more.

I love the lather of this shampoo, it feels so creamy and it leaves my hair feeling so soft and positively fluffy and OMG the smell!!! It's addictive it is!  It's made with tea tree and mint and just smells utterly fabulous.  So clean and fresh.  Love it!

Well, in the latest brochure I noticed it was included in a special offer of any four products for £5 so I ordered another four bottles.  I've had (many) experiences in the past where I've found a product I love and as soon as I get used to having it they stop making it. It makes a girl a wee bit paranoid...  I may need to stock up on this shampoo the way I did with my dove products, just in case 😃

I may like Dove products just a little bit...


Next then are two products I haven't tried yet but will soon...

Avon Clear Skin Pore Penetrating Face Mask & Color Trend Eyeshadow Pencils

It's been so many years honeys since I've tried a face mask.  Given my recent transformation into a flaky, withery person though I thought I'd give one a try.  Can't hurt can it?

The one I choose is from a range called Clear Skin and is a black mineral mask.  I'm looking forward to trying it and I'm planning a mini spa afternoon on Sunday, my next day off work, as a little treat to myself for (hopefully) surviving one of the busiest retail weekends of the year.

The instructions say to apply a thin layer onto the face and wait for the mask to change colour from black to a light grey, which should take around 10 to 15 minutes.  This tells us when to wash off the mask, patting the skin dry with a soft towel.  I'll report back when I've tried it honeys.

Next to the face mask in the above photo are two eye shadow pencils.  They're from the "Color Trend" range and I choose one in each of the shades Pink Ruby (top in the photo) and Peach Nectar.

I haven't worn either of them yet but I did so a sort of "swatch test" on the back of my hand.  They both went on very easily, feel creamy and they are beautiful shades against my skin.  A win-win so far 😃  

Next, and almost last on my list are two products I had tried in my last order and loved them so much I bought them again....

Avon Soft Musk Eau De Toilette & Body Spray

This has turned into my day to day scent honeys.  It's such a light, fresh, floral fragrance.  Not overpowering in the way some perfumes can be, and having wonky lungs I have to be careful what they're exposed to, which makes it perfect for everyday wear or to wear to work.  Loving it.

Lastly then for now, my lovely Avon rep knows I've been having problems with my skin and included in the wee baggie containing the latest brochure, were these lovely samples...

Avon Skincare Samples

This was so, so sweet of her!  Thank you Monique, I'm so looking forward to trying these over the next few weeks or so.  Included in the above image, from left to right, starting at the top, are the following... 


Anew Absolute Even: This is supposed to address dark circles under the eyes and since I basically look like a panda (although not as cute) with my under eye circles I'm interested to try it.    

Anew Clinical E-Defence  This is a day lotion and moisturiser which includes an anti-oxidant complex and is designed to protect skin from environmental damage. 

Anew Clinical E-Defence Deep Recovery Cream This is the night cream version of the above moisuriser and promises extra hydration for skin. 

Anew Clinical Infinite Lift A cream that aims to lift and sculpt the skin on the face, neck and chest. 

The next three samples are all of day creams:




Last sample on that line is a serum:


Next line begins with three night creams, matching the day creams above:




Last sample on this line is a line corrector treatment:


That brings us to the final two little jar shaped samples on the bottom row of the photo above: 



Phew! That is a lot of samples to try!  I'm looking forward to trying them though honeys. My poor skin is in desperate need of some care and might respond to some spoiling, hopefully.  

OK, over to you then honeys.  Have you tried any of these products? Do you shop with Avon?  If so which products are your favourites? I'd love to know so I can maybe try them too. 

I have to dash and get ready for work I'm afraid, but I'll be back if not Sunday then Monday with a new post.  Till then dear ones, have a fabulous Easter weekend, have fun, smile lots and hug even more, huggles always xx

Huggles Always Honeys xx

No comments:

Post a Comment