Thursday 25 December 2014

Practical & Pretty Kitchen Wall Storage

Hi honeys
I'm sorry I've been gone so long. In addition to the usual rush of the season, extra hours at work & trying to do the every day chores, we've been doing a sort of mini renovation on our kitchen. 

Much needed and so, so long overdue, I LOVE our kitchen now. It's far more "user friendly" I have a little more storage, can't ever have enough of that in a kitchen, don't you agree? Best of all is that it just seems to "flow" now in ways that it just didn't before. I promise I'll share all in a soon to be written post :)

In addition to installing an additional worktop & cabinet, along with the neatest, coolest, most incredibly useful little trolley I've ever seen, we've set up new systems for everyday annoyances like where to store things that get used all day long & that we have lots of.  Like anti bacterial surface wipes, micro fibre cloths and tea towels.

Practical & Pretty Kitchen Wall Storage...

We have lots of tea towels and micro fibre cloths.  I use them all the time and I wanted to store them where I could easily "grab & go" and where it was equally easy to quickly put them away once washed & dried.

We also tend to buy our anti bacterial wipes in bulk (usually a box of six packs) so we needed a place to store them, but also to be able to grab a fresh pack when needed.

During a recent trip to my own little happy place :) Ikea, we bought metal mesh baskets from the Algot range and the smaller of the wall uprights that they connect to.  The wall uprights are fastened to the wall and there is a huge range of attachments for them, from the mesh baskets we bought, to mirrors, shelves and hooks to hang bags, scarves etc from.

As you can see, I asked hubby to place the upright and baskets next to the end of the new worktop he fitted in the kitchen. This means my tea towels & dusters/microfiber clothes are at hand whenever I need them.

Practical and pretty kitchen wall storage from Ikea: An ALGOT rail and baskets provide practical storage for essential items, keeping them close at hand and also allowing us to see at a glance when supplies are running low.

There really is lots of space in these little baskets, they hold lots more than you'd think.  I'm now a fan & am considering buying another upright (of the larger size) for my cupboard/closet upstairs along with the attachable mirror, hooks & shelves.

Back to our kitchen then honeys.  As you can see, the top basket is home to our assorted collection of anti bacterial surface wipes.  I tend to store the unopened packs for both our kitchen and bathroom here, this way we can see at a glance when we need to buy more. 

Practical and pretty kitchen wall storage from Ikea: An ALGOT rail and baskets provide practical storage for essential items, keeping them close at hand and also allowing us to see at a glance when supplies are running low.

I've rolled our tea towels and stood them up in the middle basket.  We have both cotton and microfiber towels and this makes it easier to grab the one I want and also to put them back when they're freshly laundered.   

Practical and pretty kitchen wall storage from Ikea: An ALGOT rail and baskets provide practical storage for essential items, keeping them close at hand and also allowing us to see at a glance when supplies are running low.

Underneath the tea towels, in the bottom basket on the rail, is our collection of assorted colourful micro fibre cloths.  I so love microfiber cloths honeys. They have so many uses. Not just as dusters, although they're certainly great for dusting, but I also use them for cleaning the mirrors and also have microfiber accessories for our steam cleaner.  They're so easy to keep clean too, just into the wash, dry, fold and pop back into their new home 😊 

Practical and pretty kitchen wall storage from Ikea: An ALGOT rail and baskets provide practical storage for essential items, keeping them close at hand and also allowing us to see at a glance when supplies are running low.

Today we're putting up the last two shelves in the kitchen :) An odd way to spend the afternoon on Christmas day but hey it's our idea of fun :) Wherever you are and whatever you're doing today dear ones, I hope you're having fun and that your day is filled with smiles, laughter and heaps of hugs :)

Till next time, I'll leave you with some Scottish holly, happy holidays, hugs always xx

Scottish Holly in rainfall

No comments:

Post a Comment