Wednesday 14 September 2022

Thinking Of Goodbyes And Unexpected Smiles...

Hello Honeys, 

How are you today?  All well and looking forward to the weekend I hope.  This has been a very sombre week and I have to admit, it hasn't been easy.  

We lost our beautiful Queen, a week ago tomorrow, and it's hit me very hard.  Her Majesty has been a constant for all of us for all of our lives.  Come what may we knew she was there, we knew her speech would be a part of our Christmas day and we knew she represented all that was good about our Country.  She became everyone's Grandma. 

I've been desperately trying to find a smile but try as I might, nothing.  The first day or so was shock I think.  Yes, Her Majesty was ninety six years old but I had no doubt in my mind that we'd have her with us till her Hundredth birthday, just like her beloved mother.  I'd even looked up what her next Jubilee would be, it would have been diamond for seventy five years or even oak for eighty years.  Did anyone else hope Her Majesty would be with us forever?

I've been watching all of the events unfold each day, thinking this is what history-in-the-making feels like.  Strange, interesting, very sad and maybe a wee bit bewildering in parts.  Some days have felt so much more sorrowful than others.  Watching the pain etched into the faces of Her Majesty's family at times has brought back so vividly my own personal bereavements through the years and seeing Princess Anne curtsey to her mothers coffin as she met her in Edinburgh broke my heart.

So, with smiles in hiding from me, I was upstairs yesterday looking for any laundry I could do (it was a sunny day and in Scotland that's a rare thing indeed) and on my way back downstairs I spotted this....

Thinking of goodbyes and unexpected smiles...

Yes, still sitting on the bookcase on the landing, among our small collection of gnomes was this little diorama I'd created for Her Majesty's jubilee.  I love it so much I haven't had the heart to move a single thing and even though I've passed it countless times, yesterday it caught my eye and managed to make me smile for the first time in days💖

I've decided honeys to (try to) replace this crushing sadness I'm feeling at the loss of our beautiful Queen, with the thought that she's free from cares and worries and is instead laughing along with her beloved Philip's practical jokes.  Just as she is in the photo in the little frame above💖 There is nowhere safer for her than with her Philip and I'm sure she passed by the rainbow bridge🌈on her way to meet him to collect all of her cherished furbabies🐕

What about you honeys?  Have you been watching any of the coverage of the events leading to the accession of our new King and Her Majesty's final journey home?  One of the most touching headlines mentioned that Her Majesty was leaving Scotland for the last time and that one really hurt.  God bless our beautiful Queen and God save the King. 

Till next time dear ones, sending so many hugs x

Hugs always, Rosie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment