Friday 13 March 2020

How A Little Garden Gnome Will Help Our Visiting Bees This Summer 🐝

Disclaimer:  I haven't been paid to promote or recommend any products, just wanted to share our latest little garden smile x

Hello Honeys,
How are you today?  It's still cold here but as we edge ever closer to spring (only a week to go! yaaaay!) the sun is trying her best to appear more often and we even have baby birds at the feeders in the garden πŸ’– 

So,while it might not be warm enough to be out in the garden just yet, I'm already making plans for when it is, which will be very soon I hope 😊

How A Little Garden Gnome Will Help Our Visiting Bees This Summer...

How adorable is this little guy honeys?  He made me smile as soon as I saw him online, so of course I had to add him to our garden πŸ’–

The only thing is though, I was so taken in by his adorable-ness (is that a word? 😊) that I really didn't pay all that much attention to the details on the website.  I know, I know.  All my own fault 😊

Had I not been too busy smiling and adding him to my cart,  I might have read the description on the page a little more closely.  This adorable little gnome (and he so is, I'm still smiling here) is actually listed as a "stone look bird bath" and it does state (as I saw when I went back to check) quite clearly his dimensions.

Given how inexpensive he was (he was around £5) I wasn't really expecting anything other than cute garden decor, but since it did say he was a bird bath I had assumed that maybe at least one of our little visiting sparrows might be able to have a splash about.  Even if his friends had to form an orderly queue πŸ˜ƒ 

Sorry, I'm grinning again here honeys.  I now have rather a vivid mental image of a little queue of tiny birds, all waiting for their turn in the bird bath with a little towel draped over one wing... and maybe a tiny rubber duck... 😊 It really is fun to live in my head at times πŸ˜„ 

Well, when he arrived, I was quite taken aback at how small he is and thought, well, he is still adorable, maybe I'll sit him by the lavender... and that's when the idea hit me honeys πŸ’–

Do you remember the little hydration station I set up in the garden for our visiting bees and butterflies last year?

How A Little Garden Gnome Will Help Our Visiting Bees This Summer: The little gnome, with the addition of a tiny pebble for them to stand on, might replace my prior attempt at creating a hydration station for our visiting bees and butterflies.

It was just a dish, shaped like a leaf, with some little pebbles placed in it for our tiny guests to stand on, so they don't get hurt or trapped in the water. 

Then all I had to do was to go out each day was to wash it, so it was always clean, and add a little water with a tiny sprinkle of sugar in it.  This would help if any tiny guests became overly tired and needed a little "pick-me-up."

It certainly seemed to work because I didn't have to rescue a single buzzy friend🐝 all summer πŸ’–  In fact, I spent quite some time snapping away photos of our gorgeous garden guests as they visited our lavender, which seemed to be especially popular last year. 

How A Little Garden Gnome Will Help Our Visiting Bees This Summer: The little gnome, with the addition of a tiny pebble for them to stand on, might replace my prior attempt at creating a hydration station for our visiting bees and butterflies.

Adding more lavender will be my first task in the garden this year honeys, in the hope we can attract more buzzy friends this summer πŸπŸ’–

So, as I said dear ones, when I was thinking about what to do with this little guy and had initially thought he might look adorable peeping out from the lavender, a tiny light bulb moment happened 😊

How A Little Garden Gnome Will Help Our Visiting Bees This Summer: The little gnome, with the addition of a tiny pebble for them to stand on, might replace my prior attempt at creating a hydration station for our visiting bees and butterflies.

The thought was that even if he's not big enough to be a bird bath (I'll keep looking for one of those) what if I added a little pebble "perch" for our bee friends?  Then the flower he's holding up could become a little hydration station for them, hidden amongst the lavender where they'd have access to some yummy sugar water if they needed it.

So, that's what I'm going to do.  The too-small-to-be-a-bird-bath gnome will instead become a just-perfect-buzzy-friend-hydration-station πŸ’– 

It really is so important that we all try to help our bee friends honeys, they're vital to every part of our lives, these tiny, busy bees πŸ’–πŸ  

Till next time dear ones, have a wonderful weekend, hugs always x

Thank you honeys, for being so sweet, hugs always, Rosie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment