Friday 8 December 2017

Some Of My Favourite Movies To Watch On A Cold Winter's Day...

Hi Honeys,
It feels bitterly cold here today.  The chill as I stood at the back door with our furbaby Jade earlier got me to thinking. First I wished I didn't have to go outside soon to go to work ๐Ÿ˜Š and immediately following that thought was another.

Some of my favourite movies to watch on a cold winters day, which would you choose honeys?

I so, so, so wish I could just stay home today, hug Jade on the sofa, share a blanket and watch some favourite movies with a hot chocolate with some mini marshmallows on top - I've learned three is the optimal number of marshmallows, trust me, many years of research has gone into this perfect number of mini marshmallows ๐Ÿ˜Š ooo and maybe a cookie too.

I don't even have to think too hard to decide which movies either so I thought I'd share and maybe we can compare notes on favourites ๐Ÿ˜Š  Without too much ado then, here are my favourite movies for a bitterly cold, winters afternoon...

White Christmas (1954)


Always top of my list for movies to watch in December is this one! I literally have watched this movie so many times over the years it just couldn't be counted ๐Ÿ˜Š  It's timeless, it's joyful, it has the best music and it makes me smile till my face actually aches! I love love love this movie!  

It also has Bing Crosby, Danny Kaye, Rosemary Clooney and Vera Ellen and did I mention I love this movie? 


Addams Family Values (1993)


Yes, I know this isn't a particularly holiday themed movie but it's included because, in my mind at least, it is forever tied to Christmas.  I originally saw it with friends while at college.  There were five of us, it was Christmas Eve and we were all wearing reindeer antlers with bells (as you do) sitting together on one row.  The door nearest to the aisle we were sitting at the end of opened and in came Santa (the cinema manager as it turns out) with two elves and he yelled "there you all are!! Well, OK... you can watch the movie but then we have work to do!" 

Even the memory of it still makes me smile ๐Ÿ˜Š  They were happy days, my time at college was among the happiest times of my life honeys ๐Ÿ˜Š  Of course I can never watch Addams Family Values without first watching the original movie, The Addams Family, made two years earlier...
   
It's the perfect double bill and always makes me smile ๐Ÿ˜Š  I grew up watching the Addams Family TV show and with my very long, dark hair (I could sit on my hair, it just touched the backs of my knees) I use to be called Morticia ๐Ÿ˜Š


Superman II (1980)

There might be a pattern emerging here honeys ๐Ÿ˜Š  No one will ever tell me (well they can try I just won't listen) that there will ever be a better Superman than Christopher Reeve.  If every generation has their Superman, well he was mine and I so adore these movies.  What have they do to with Christmas I hear you ask?

Well, in Superman II there is the beautiful palace carved out of ice that is Superman's Fortress of Solitude.  The fact that these movies used to be shown (and still are sometimes) over the holidays but mostly because they're (like the Addams Family I can never watch Superman II, even though it's my favourite of the series, without first watching Mr Reeve's first Superman Movie) included because I love them.


Home Alone (1990)


No list of holiday movies could ever be complete without Home Alone.  It might be almost thirty years old and I might have watched it too many times over the years to count but this movie still makes me laugh, it has Joe Pesci in it and the ending still makes me cry ๐Ÿ˜Š 

Continuing on the theme of double bills it also makes a great partner to My Cousin Vinny no matter what time of year it is ๐Ÿ˜Š  

If you haven't seen My Cousin Vinny (is it possible that anyone hasn't seen it?) you so should honeys.  It is such a fabulous movie, it's funny, sweet, it's everything you could want from a movie.  It's joy in a DVD box ๐Ÿ˜Š


The Gruffalo (2009)

Have you met The Gruffalo honeys?  It's impossible not to completely fall in love with this wonderful animated tale of a tiny mouse who meets, and outsmarts, a not-so-scary-really monster ๐Ÿ’–

It only lasts twenty seven minutes but it's truly twenty seven whole minutes of sheer joy and tiny humans will love it too...

Oh, and if you do find a copy for tiny humans (or for yourself) try to look for the sequel, the Gruffalo's Child (2011)  A truly perfect double bill ๐Ÿ˜Š


So, there we have it honeys.  I could go on and on listing favourite movies (and double bills) to watch while snuggled on the sofa on a cold winter's afternoon.  What are your favourites?

Whatever you're doing this weekend honeys, wrap up warm, have fun, smile lots and hug even more.  Till next time dear ones, huggles always xx

Hugs Always, Rosie xx  

No comments:

Post a Comment