Thursday 16 August 2018

I've been spoiled! Harry Potter Slytherin Themed Gifts From My Dear Hubby...

Disclaimer:  I haven't been paid to promote any products or stores, just wanted to share some gifts bought for me by my sweet Hubby x

Hi Honeys
It's that time of year again πŸ“‘  Last weekend Hubby went off to Comic Con and bless him he brought me back all kinds of Harry Potter related goodies.  I felt completely spoiled, since earlier in the week he'd already popped into one of the larger Primark stores in town and had brought me home some Slytherin goodies!  Thank you sweetheart πŸ’‹

Since I know I'm not the only Potter fan, and since my previous post about Hubby's sweet Slytherin themed gifts was so popular, I thought I'd share what he found this time too.

Honeys I'm being spoiled! Harry Potter themed gifts from my sweet Hubby...
Goodness!  You can see why I'm feeling spoiled honeys 😊 I just made a little squeal noise again when I spotted the adorable little Bowtruckle in the above photo, he's so cute!

Why not grab a cuppa and a cookie dear ones and we'll have a closer look, see you in a minute or two...


Welcome back honeys 😊 As I said, earlier last week Hubby appeared home from work with a collection of goodies he'd found for me during a lunchtime wander into Primark, bless him (thank you sweetheart, love you x) Let's have a look shall we?

Hubby popped into Primark and look what he brought home for me honeys...

Primark really have been quite fab for Potter related items for the past year or so I think honeys, it's been such fun collecting adorable little things, like their enamel pin badges all grouped by the Hogwarts houses, as well as their clothing lines including tee shirts, pyjamas and nightshirts.

This visit Hubby brought home the following items...
 
The Slytherin shield on the notebook cover is a sort of foil, so it changes when you move the notebook.

(from left to right in the photo above)

1.  Quill pen:  This pen really is stunning! It's much larger than I thought it would be and is available in all of the house colours. At £1.50 it's also a bargain.

2. Hogwarts Uniform Key Ring: These key rings are quite heavy, enamelled and available in each of the Houses. This really is adorable and quite detailed too. There is a pin badge of this design available as part of the new set of badges but it hasn't arrived in our Primark yet unfortunately.

3. Hogwarts House Crest Lanyard: These lanyards, as with many other products, are available for each of the Houses and all have the appropriate colour, striped lanyard. The lanyard is supplied with a removable, enamelled House crest which is lovely and, like the key ring, also quite heavy.

NOTE: A failing of this lanyard which might potentially make them dangerous is the lack of a safety-release fastener/catch on the lanyard itself.  All lanyards supplied by workplaces and all that I've seen being sold in stores will usually have an easy release catch on the lanyard itself that will quickly separate when pulled, such as when accidentally caught on a desk etc.  I'm worried that these lanyards might be bought for children or that someone will use it at work and have an accident because this safety catch is not present.  Just a thought honeys and I felt that I had to point it out. 

4. Hardback Notebook: Finally, for the Primark items, is a fabulous A5 sized hardback notebook.  Is anyone else obsessed with notebooks?  I πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ notebooks 😊  This one is wonderful and would make a perfect journal or diary I think.  I'm getting ahead of myself 😊

You might have noticed in the above photos that the Slytherin snake emblem on the front cover looks different depending how it's held. It changes because the emblem is printed in a shiny foil and looks lovely.

When you open the notebook, printed on the inner front cover are the words "Property of Hogwarts School" while the lined pages are all printed with the Hogwarts crest "in shadow", the Harry Potter logo and a space to write the date are at the top of each page.  This last detail is why I think this notebook would make an excellent diary or journal.

The inner cover of the hardback notebook announces that it is "property of Hogwarts School" while the pages are all printed with the Hogwarts crest "in shadow", the Harry Potter logo and a space to write the date are at the top of each page.  This would make an excellent diary or journal.

The inner back cover has the same "Property of Hogwarts School" on it too...

The inner back cover of the hardback notebook too announces that it is "property of Hogwarts School" while the pages are all printed with the Hogwarts crest "in shadow", the Harry Potter logo and a space to write the date are at the top of each page.  This would make an excellent diary or journal.

While the back, outer cover of the notebook has a banner bearing the name Hogwarts on it...

While the back cover of the hardback Slytherin Harry Potter notebook has a banner with Hogwarts written on it.

I do love the extra details included on the Primark items honeys, like the House name printed in wonderful italics on the quill pen...

The quill pens are available in the colours of each house with the house name printed on them.

If you look closely at the uniform gown of the key ring, you'll see the House patch is reproduced faithfully, including in teeny tiny lettering the word Slytherin...

As with the Hogwarts uniform keyring, the lanyards are detailed. The lanyards are supplied with a heavy, enamel attachment in the form of the house shield, in this case Slytherin.

Hubby Goes To Comic Con...


As if I hadn't been spoiled enough dear ones, when my sweet Hubby went to Comic Con last weekend he brought back the following goodies, bless him (thank you sweetheart x)

Slytherin Crest Pin Badge


Isn't this the most adorable pin honeys?  I'm so looking forward to wearing it (with my Hogwarts student uniform & gown) this year at work for Halloween 😊 Maybe as a tie pin?

Whilst attending Comic Con last weekend my dear Hubby spotted this little Slytherin Shield pin badge.

Wand shaped pen


In the photo below, the wand shaped pen at the front of the photograph is the pen Hubby brought me home the day he went to Comic Con. The wand pen behind it was bought some time ago from Primark.

Also during his day out at Comic Con Hubby brought me home a wand pen, it's to the front of this photograph, next to an earlier wand pen I've had for some time.

As you can see they are a similar size but there are differences in colour, packaging and (not observed from the image) there is also a marked difference in weight, with the earlier pen being considerably heavier.  Oddly enough though both pens cost the same, at £1.50 each.

Edit: Hubby has told me both pens came from Primark, he bought the latest one on the day he went to Comic Con, having popped in to see if they had anything new before coming home. 😊

Bendable and Poseable Bowtruckle


Bowtruckle is an endearing and entirely adorable (in my humble opinion) character from the Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them" movie which charts the adventures of Newt Scamander (Hogwarts student and author of one of the textbooks studied later by Harry Potter and his friends during their time at Hogwarts) during his time in New York among the wizarding folk there.  I do love this movie honeys.  It gets better each and every time I watch it.  It's escapism at its best.

How cute is this bendable Bowtruckle from the "Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them" Movie honeys?

Bowtruckles are small creatures who protect the trees used to make wands. They are tiny, incredibly shy and eat insects.  Did I mention that they are also just plain adorable 😊  I mean look at this little guys face honeys...

I do like this Bowtruckles little face, he looks to me as if he's pouting :)

I could swear he looks as if he's pouting 😊  I'm planning on putting him upstairs in our little book nook, I think he'll feel perfectly at home there 😊

Last item then honeys is another key chain.

Don't Let The Muggles Get You Down Key Chain: 


What can I say, it's a key chain, it's pretty huge and it announces in huge letters that we shouldn't let the muggles (non magic folk) get us down...

A keyring announcing "Don't let the muggles get you down" with the Hogwarts crest.

This key chain really is too large to be attached to keys.  I did think I might attach it to my bag as a bag charm but I'd probably end up losing it or keep getting it caught on things so I think this too will get hung up on a small nail or peg as part of our book nook 😊

So, that's it honeys. What do you think?  Are you a fellow Potter fan?  Thank you for keeping me company today, and thank you to Hubby for spoiling me with all of these lovely gifts x

I hope whatever you're doing today you're having fun and managing to avoid the almost constant rain outside.  Till next time dear ones, smile lots and hug even more x

Huggles Always, Rosie x

No comments:

Post a Comment