Friday 22 March 2019

Bargain Skincare That's Worth Shouting About!

Disclaimer:  I haven't been paid to recommend any products or stores, I just wanted to share a bargain I found and have been loving x

Hi Honeys,
How are you today?  It's felt like a long week this week honeys, not a bad week or anything, just very long and tiring is all.  We're into spring now though and the garden is beginning to wake up from its long winter nap.  I always feel better when I can spend time in our garden with my beloved roses 🌹

This is a quick post to share something something fabulous I've discovered in the health and beauty aisle at Asda.  Am I late to the party?  Does everyone else know about these already?

You might have read on this blog already that my sweet Hubby does our weekly shop because for some time now my mobility has been getting increasingly worse.  Well, each week we make up a shopping list and I'd noticed some new (to me anyway) skincare wipes, something I use a lot of, on the Asda website at the most unbelievable price too, but more of that later.  

Well, I asked Hubby to bring a couple of packs home for me.  I originally thought there was only one variety, the Fresh & Clean ones I'd seen online but in-store Hubby spotted three different types and brought me one of each home (thank you sweetheart x) Let's take a look will we... 

Bargain Skincare That's Worth Shouting About: Asda skincare wipes.

These skincare wipes are such a bargain honeys that I can't believe I haven't heard about them before and as I said I just wanted to share in case you hadn't heard about them yet either.  They're from Asda (Walmart) and from their own product line.  Let's take a look at the three different varieties Hubby brought home for me...

1. Clean & Hydrate: for dry skin

The wrapper says these wipes are made with sweet almond extract and hyaluronic acid, it also says they are paraben free.  Having very dry skin, this is also the pack I'd opened and have been using so far, so they're the only ones I can give my "I've been using these every day" opinion on honeys.

As with all of the varieties, each pack contains 25 wipes and is supplied, like most wipes, in resealable packaging.  The wipes are a good size, larger than I thought they'd be.  I was also really impressed by how strong they are, no tearing or splitting while using on my face, very moist and the scent is lovely.  They feel cool on my face and leave my skin feeling really clean.  I haven't had them long enough, only a few days, so I'm not sure if they'll help my dry skin but they're so nice to use I'd definitely give them a huge thumbs up 👍 


2. Kind & Gentle: for sensitive skin

The wrapper says these are made with vitamin E and pro-vitamin B5 and they are also paraben free.

I just opened the pack before writing this and the wipes certainly seem to be of the same size and quality as the Clean & Hydrate ones I'm currently using.  The wipes are fragrance free and since they are intended for use on sensitive skin, this seems wise.  The lack of a fragrance doesn't really bother me.

The wipe from this pack again was quite moist, it felt nice on my skin and when my skin dried again it felt lovely and clean. I can't find anything bad to say about these wipes and I really can't believe how little they cost... but more about that in a minute 💗


3. Fresh & Clean: for oily/combination skin

These wipes, according to the wrapper, are made with vitamin B3 and witch hazel and again are also paraben free. 

Again the wipe from this pack appears to be the same size and good quality as the others, it seems a little more moist and there is a slight scent which I can't place.  The scent isn't unpleasant but I just can't place what it is.

As with the other wipes, it felt nice against my skin and when it dried it felt good, no "tightness" in my skin which I've had with other products in the past.   

I'm really impressed by these skincare wipes honeys, I've paid far more for wipes of a lesser quality.  Now for the part that surprised me most.  These skincare wipes are on sale for 45p per pack! I know, it makes no sense does it, but there it is.  As I said I wanted to include them in this post so that anyone who doesn't know about them has a chance to grab some while they're available.

I'll be adding some more packs to our shopping list for this weekend because at that price they really are, in my humble opinion, a bargain as well as a great product.

I tried to track down web links for you and here they are honeys.  You can see the Clean & Hydrate wipes here, the Kind & Gentle wipes are here and the Fresh and Clean wipes are here.  While finding the links I discovered the Kind & Gentle line has other items such as a moisturiser for 99p!  I'll definitely be trying the moisturiser I think.  I've tried so, so many moisturisers to try to soften my far too dry skin and after all of the money spent on different creams it would just be perfect if the one that finally works is a wee bottle costing 99p 💗

Update:


It's been a little over two weeks since I wrote this post, I've been using these skincare wipes every day and I just love them!  They're every bit as good as the more expensive, brand version I've been using for a while now and because of that, as I said in the original post, I decided to stock up 😊

I added them to our shopping list and Hubby, bless him, picked up two packs of each variety in store for me(thank you sweetheart x) or at least he meant to...

Asda Skincare Face Wipes: A bargain and great quality too.

This is why I'm updating this post honeys, it turns out there is a fourth variety I didn't know about!

I had asked Hubby to bring me home an additional two packs of each variety and as you can see he did pick up 8 packs of skincare wipes but mistakenly picked up 3 packs of the Clean & Hydrate and only one of the additional variety I didn't know about.

Not that this is a problem honeys, and anyway, how sweet is it of him to pick them up for me anyway? So, anyway, the additional variety is called Clean & Refresh...

Asda Clean & Refresh Skincare Face Wipes

4. Clean & Refresh: for all skin types

As with the other skincare wipes, these are paraben free and are dermatologically tested.  They're made with vitamin E and avocado oil.  Having used them, they are, in my opinion every bit as good as the others in the range.  They left my skin feeling so clean and there isn't that awful "tightening" of my skin as it dries that I've had before. They're just my newest favourite product and at 45p a pack they're a bargain too.   

Have you tried any of these products honeys?  Am I the only one not to have heard about them?

I hope your weekend is off to a wonderful start, have fun, smile lots and hug even more 💖  Till next time dear ones, when I'll share what I bought on my mini shopping haul, hugs always x

Huggles Always, Rosie x  

No comments:

Post a Comment