Tuesday 3 July 2018

Sweetest Gift From Hubby: A Wildlife Fairy Garden Set

Disclaimer:  I haven't been paid to promote anything nor am I trying to, just sharing a lovely surprise from Hubby that made me smile 😊

Hi Honeys,
I hope you're having a wonderful week and enjoying the beautiful sunshine ☼

I honestly can't remember the last time we've been blessed with a summer like this on the west coast of Scotland. I can say though dear ones that it's been a fair wee while, so everyone's been making the most of the long, warm, beautifully sunny days by doing what they love 😊

In my case that's been finding and doing as much laundry as I can.  I know, odd, but I can't help it, I looooooove laundry 😊  Unfortunately though, our home only has so much laundry each day, so whenever I run out of laundry to do, our furbaby Jade and I have been having such fun out in the garden 😊

Do you remember the little fairy garden I started work on recently? Well Hubby surprised me with the sweetest gift for it...

Smiles abound with the latest additions to the tiny fairy garden...

I'm smiling again 😊 Just seeing the photo has made me smile 😊

Hubby does our weekly shop, bless him.  Once in a blue moon, definitely not very often any more,  I'll go with him but my mobility isn't great anymore and even shopping the three stores our weekly shop needs will leave me very drained and in a great deal of pain so my sweet Hubby does our shop each week. While shopping, my lovely Hubby spotted this...

A surprise gift from Hubby made me smile and will be an adorable addition to the tiny fairy garden outside...

Being the sweetest man in the world (which he so is!) he thought of my little fairy-garden-to-be and brought it home with him 😊

It's quite a large box and when I opened it I found....

Contents of the Wildlife Fairy Garden Set...

I'm smiling again 😊  Concentrate Rosie! Ooops! Sorry 😊 It's the hedgehog though....he's so cute 😊

OK, I'll try to concentrate and we can have a look at the contents of this little set...

A closer look at the contents of the Wildlife Fairy Garden Set...

Contents of the Wildlife Fairy Garden Set


1. A large (around the size of a dinner plate) almost flat with slightly raised edge, growing tray.

2. A bag of compost to grow the seeds in.

3.  One tiny fairy with glittery wings and dress

4.  One terracotta hedgehog (too cute!)

5. Three teeny, tiny, perfect terracotta plant pots (again, just too cute!)

6. Assorted packs of seeds (and a pack of glitter) to bring the fairy garden to life 😊

I can imagine tiny humans having such a great time with a set like this honeys, I know this still-a-tiny-human-at-heart grown up can't stop smiling because of the sheer cuteness overload (that hedgehog!) 

There are different versions of these sets available too, especially online, Hubby got this one from Home Bargains but they do seem to be available in lots of places. The company who make it have a fun website set up for children to interact with too. 

There are quizzes, colouring pages, lots of things to do and make and your wee one can request a free pack of seeds (which are sent with a letter from the fairies) to grow too.  You can find the My Fairy Garden page here honeys.  The site also has the sweetest page with lots of stories to read to your wee ones which you can find here.  Again, I'm not promoting, just sharing some smiles 😊 

Since we've been trying to make our garden more bee and wildlife friendly, I'm so glad that this little set is designed to attract bees, butterflies, ladybirds (ladybugs) and other wildlife. The only place I could find this particular set online was here.

Among other recent smiles were a small bee hotel (shown on the left hand side of the photo below and a slightly smaller version than the one now attached to the fence in the back garden 😊) a small butterfly house (below, right hand side of photo) and the sweetest, dearest, most adorable little gnome couple... 

Some other little smiles for the garden...

There are no words for how much I adore this little gnome couple!  They're just so sweet!  Best of all, if you turn it around to see the back, you'll see that the little gentleman gnome is hugging the lady gnome 😊

I'm loving this adorable garden gnome and feel sure that some day Hubby & I will look just like this :)

Do feel free to laugh honeys but the minute I spotted this little gnome pair in Asda (Walmart) I saw Hubby & I 😊  If we were turned into gnomes we'd look exactly like this.  The lady gnome is even wearing my laundry pinny with the pocket in front for my pegs 😊

There is something missing though that would absolutely make it perfect. If that little gnome really was Hubby he'd be holding his ever present mug of tea 😊  To fix this I've been thinking of using some modelling clay to make a small mug to put into his hand.  Then it would be us to a tee.... or tea even 😊

The smaller of the bee hotels (shown above) has found a home sitting under the large lemon cypress in the front garden....

Tiny bee hotel sits at the base of the lemon cypress shrub in our front garden...

We still haven't found the perfect home for the butterfly house yet but I'm thinking maybe of attaching it to the tall post which marks where the side fence (separating us from our neighbours) meets the fence running along the back of the garden...

Finding the perfect home for a little butterfly home in our garden...
 
I thought this might be a good location for the butterfly house because it's high up among lots of greenery including a gorgeous mulberry bush, and I thought we might plant a small patch of wild flowers beneath it, to provide a food source.

What do you think? Any thoughts are welcome honeys.  I'm sitting here smiling at that photo, all those daisies! Mostly though I'm beaming with pride for Hubby.  He worked so, so hard on that fence. literally stripping it all down and re-building and then painting.  Well done honey πŸ’— 

I so hope you're enjoying the lovely sunshine today honeys, whatever you're doing today have fun, smile lots and hug even more 😊  Till next time dear ones, huggles always πŸ’‹

Huggles Always, Rosie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment