Thursday 19 July 2018

Cuteness Overload at Home Bargains! Would You Like To Join Me On A Shopping Trip Honeys?

Disclaimer:  I haven't been paid to promote any products or the store honeys, just thought you'd like to join me on a very-rare-these-days shopping trip and share some smiles 😊

Hello Honeys,
How are you today?  I've been feeling a bit drained this past few days so I thought I'd snuggle up on the sofa and take a look back over the photos I took during my recent shopping trip with Hubby (I took my tiny Nikon along with me) and then I thought maybe you'd like to come along too 😊

Why not join me on a recent shopping trip to Home Bargains?

I don't get to go shopping very often anymore, my mobility isn't so great.  I have osteo arthritis in the base of my spine and the pain makes walking (and standing) very difficult.  Hubby does our weekly grocery shop (thank you sweetheart x) and he's completely fabulous at it too.

We only went into a couple of shops, I've learned from experience that shopping trips (or any trips) really do completely drain my "body batteries" so even small outings have to be planned ahead and that also means factoring in the day or two of exhaustion and pain that follows too.  Fellow spoonies will understand and are probably nodding as they read this (gentle huggles honeys x)

Our shopping trip then takes place in a far-too-large-for-me-these-days Home Bargains store.  Why not go grab a cuppa, and maybe a cookie, I'll do the same and we can meet back here in a few minutes?

Hello again honeys 😊

Do you remember I wrote a post a while ago about how to avoid adding to home clutter when shopping? I'm actually so proud of myself dear ones because I so, so, so, so, so wanted to bring around half of the store home with me but I didn't (although I admit it was really, really difficult to put some of the items back on the shelf and then walk away.) 😊

I'll admit that some of the items I'm still kicking myself for not buying but I'm also glad I didn't because our house simply has too much stuff in it still and how am I to do anything about that if I go about buying gorgeous things all the time that simply sit there taking up space... even if they make me smile while doing it.... stop it Rosie! stay strong! Say no to clutter! 😊

Case in point are the first two items in this post, aren't these candles lovely?     

Botanical Discovery range candles in fresh lemon and bergamot & natural honeysuckle scents

They're beautifully presented in their glass jars, and wouldn't the one with the gorgeous pattern all over the glass look fabulous with a tiny tealight sitting inside when the original candle has been burned away? 

Of course they both also have a heavenly scent too.  The candle in the nature inspired patterned glass jar is scented with fresh lemon & bergamot, while the pretty glass jar candle with the happy honey bee printed on the front is scented with natural honeysuckle.

Both candles belong to a range called Botanical Discovery which includes lots of other items including this roll up, folding picnic blanket which has a pretty handle to carry it to your picnic with.

The Botanical Discovery range includes lots of other items including this roll up, folding picnic blanket which has a pretty handle to carry it to your picnic with.

I had such fun looking at all of the items in the Summer range...

Just a few of the summer range of products, I stayed far too long in this aisle...

In the image above there are other items in the Botanical Discovery range on the far left hand side where you can see the candles on the third shelf from the bottom with the blankets above them.  The little lemon coloured jars with handles are citronella candles if I remember correctly and were so pretty.

I've been really smitten by the watermelon themed things that seem to be everywhere this summer and, sure enough, in Home Bargains I spotted these quite fabulous clear, zipped, watermelon slice  bags....

I'm in love with these see through, zipped water melon slice bags.

Just as cool though are these watermelon patterned drinking glasses 😊  Sitting next to them is another theme that seems to be everywhere, flamingos.  In this case the cutest little solar powered string lights 😊

Solar powered string lights in the shape of pink flamingos and watermelon glasses!

I really do like those watermelon glasses honeys... No Rosie! Say no to clutter!! 😊

Those water melon glasses really have caught my eye...

Here are those pink flamingos again, along with little pineapples, in the form of small tealight candles 😊  Sitting next to them are silicone moulds in the shape of cactuses...  what do they call more than one cactus? Cacti maybe?  Well, honeys, whatever the plural of cactus is 😊  there are lots of them in the photo 😊

Beautiful little tropical tea light candles in the shape of pineapples and pink flamingos sit next to little cactus shaped silicone moulds for ice cubes.

My first thought when I saw the cactus moulds was that they'd be great fun to make ice cubes for summer drinks (and they so would) but looking at them again, they'd also make cute baking moulds for mini cookies for tiny humans. Or you could use them to make homemade chocolate treats?

For crafting enthusiasts they might make great mini soap moulds?  I love these little silicone moulds,We have quite a few in different designs, so many uses for them.

The summer theme has more than watermelons and flamingos in it this year though honeys.  I've noticed that unicorns and mermaids are everywhere too 😊  How cute is this unicorn nightlight?

How adorable is this unicorn night light honeys?

These little wooden hooks in the shape of clouds and stars are beyond adorable too...

Sweetest little hooks in the shape of clouds and stars are beyond cute!

Butterflies!  I adore butterflies honeys and look at these lights...

Butterflies are everywhere! The ones that caught my eye were these pretty string lights and the larger wall light to match, they're just beautiful.

I love these beautiful butterfly string lights and the larger pink butterfly wall light is perfect too! Did I buy them?  Nope, I did not.  I was really difficult to walk away though.

This next item, a little ceramic trinket box in the shape of an ice cream, was actually picked up twice and put back twice and looking at the photo again I could kick myself for not bring it home with me!  I may have to buy one of these, honeys, they're just too cute.
  
Pretty ceramic trinket boxes in the shape of ice creams.

Back to mermaids for a moment then.  I spotted these fabulous mugs with fun slogans like "I'm secretly a mermaid" or "Be a mermaid & make waves" and "Mermaids have more fun"

These mermaid themed mugs and beautiful multi-colour candle are fun.

I liked the large mermaid candle too with its layered pastel shades and pretty metallic shell label.

More mermaid designs were to be found nearby on these absolutely stunning little super-shiny tealight holders in bright metallic pinks & blues, as well as the prettiest manicure set presented in a shell case.  This tiny shell case would be perfect for any mermaid to slip into her handbag for manicures on the go 😊

Gorgeous shiny mermaid tea light holders in metallic shades of pink & blue and an adorable manicure set in a shell case continue the mermaid theme.

Unicorns again honeys....

A large unicorn head LED light to add a little magic to any room.

This wall light is quite large but would look just as beautiful on a shelf or sitting on a dresser maybe? 
Mermaid pyjamas anyone?  There were also the cutest kitty themed ones too.

Mermaids again! This time it's mermaid themed pyjamas!

Switching our attention to the kitchen honeys, I spotted these little egg cups in the shape of tiny buckets and I actually made a reasonably loud squeal noise and spooked a nearby lady 😊  Don't judge me, look how adorable they are.... (and to the lovely lady.. I'm so sorry! Maybe it's good that I don't go out all that much...)

Something else that very nearly came home with me :) Adorable little egg cup buckets :)

I didn't bring them home with me honeys, even though I really, really wanted to 😊

I really liked these tea towels too actually...

Loves these tea towels but kept reminding myself we already own too many :)

We have far too many tea towels at home though so it would be silly to keep buying more. They are lovely though... and now you see why we have lots and lots of lovely tea towels in our kitchen 😊

Has anyone seen those little individual serving baskets designed to hold a single serving of fries (or chips to us Brits)?  I keep seeing them online and spotted these while in store...

Tiny, individual serving baskets for fries.

I had another nearly squeal moment in the kitchen aisle when I saw these beautiful kitty mugs and, looking at the photo again, they really are lovely!

Too, too adorable Binky & Bella cat mugs :)

They're quite large mugs too so would be ideal for morning coffee or for a lovely hot chocolate (with mini marshmallows) on a winters evening to keep out the cold. I love the gold accents on the kitty ears. They'd make a perfect gift for kitty loving friends 🐱

Do you remember those Botanical Discovery range items earlier honeys?  The pretty candles and the picnic blanket?  These gorgeous photo print mugs are from the same range...

Absolutely gorgeous photo print animal mugs from the Botanical range.

Aren't they simply stunning?  Just beautiful πŸ’–

As a child one of my favourite sweets were love hearts 😊  The slightly chalky, pastel coloured sweeties would each have a message printed on them and we all used to give sweets to family and friends when we found a message that suited them.  Happy memories 😊

So many vintage sweets are now being made again, including love hearts, palma violets, refreshers and sherbet dips and it seems this stroll along memory lane has spilled over into home wares too.  I spotted some love hearts themed mugs...

I'm loving these Love Hearts printed mugs.

I don't ever remember a love heart sweet with "hot stuff" printed on it though, sweeties were more innocent in the early 70s I suppose 😊

I'm so proud of myself honeys.  I walked around seeing all of this cuteness and in spite of spending over £50 in-store on our visit (mostly on food shopping including around £10 on dog treats and biscuits for our furbaby Jade) I behaved and didn't bring all of the lovely items home with me.

I did buy a couple of little personal items though.  I bought another pack of these wonderful little facial buffs...

I'm such a fan of these little facial buffs honeys. Soft on one side and natural loofah on the other side. Love them.

There are two of these small, round facial buffs, made from natural loofah in a pack and I swear by them. I have very dry skin and I use one of these to exfoliate my face, two to three times a week.

I like these because they have one side made, as I said, from natural loofah and it's removes dead, flaky facial skin (eww! Rosie, that's too much information!... sorry honeys x) perfectly, while the other side is so, so soft and is ideal to apply moisturiser.  These wonderful little buffs are also a bargain at only 59p for a pack of two.

The other item I picked up in the same aisle and while it wasn't really something I needed (I already have moisturising gloves, worn at night after applying moisturiser for super soft hands) I decided to treat myself and I'm so glad I did honeys 😊

The softest ever sleeping mask & even softer moisturising gloves.
 
I got them home and when I opened the pack the sleep mask is very soft, it has a padded "bridge" to the inside, allowing it to sit snugly without leaning too tightly against the eyes and has a velcro fastening strap to allow it to be fastened comfortably.  I'm trying to improve my sleep (what sleep? 😣 presently I'm afraid) so I'm willing to give it a try. This set was only around £1.50 too I think, not expensive for a little treat.

The night gloves are so much nicer than the one I have... and I love those 😊  These night gloves are so, so soft honeys.  I'm a great fan of night gloves and have been using them for a while now.  I usually put them on after my shower, when I use my hand cream and before I go to bed.  I keep them on overnight and they do help make my hands lovely and soft.

I do the same for my feet, putting on lots of lovely foot cream or moisturiser and pulling on a pair of cotton ankle socks. It's a lovely little treat you can give yourself that takes no time at all and self care is so important.

Nearly forgot!! I also bought a little metal sign to add to the gate through to our back garden 😊

Adorable sign to hang on the garden gate.

So, that was our shopping trip through Home Bargains.  What do you think honeys?  Did you like any of the products I did?  Where was your latest shopping trip?  What did you see? Have you blogged any shopping trips?  If so, why not leave a link?

I hope you're having a fabulous week and looking forward to having a wonderful weekend, till next time dear ones, smile lots and hug even more, huggles always xx

Huggles always honeys, Rosie xx

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely adorable! Your post about the cuteness overload at Home Bargains had me smiling from ear to ear. The delightful pictures and charming descriptions of the items make me want to visit the store right away. Thanks for sharing this valuable resource, If you are looking to buy Scented Soy Candles Products, we will gladly help you.

    ReplyDelete