Monday 11 June 2018

Fun In The Garden Part Three: Being Blessed By Our Garden...

Hi Honeys
I hope you've had a fabulous weekend.  It's been a little strange here to say the least.  After over three weeks of solidly (very) warm, sunny days... right up until Thursday when we had a lovely rain shower that lasted around 10 minutes or so and saw Jade and I in the garden loving the soft sprinkle of rain. Well, late on Saturday afternoon we were hit by the most incredible rain storm!

It was torrential and went on for around forty minutes or so, managing to flood my workplace and to include hail stones too!  On a day when the temperature was around 18C we had hailstones 😲  It was a shock to the system dear ones but as soggy as everyone, and everything, got.... well I think the gardens must all have breathed a huge sigh of relief to be finally seeing a proper end to the mini drought it's been enduring.   

Fun in the garden part three: We've been truly blessed this year honeys.

Speaking of the garden, just wait till you see what's been happening out there!  Almost (wee shower and then torrential rain storm aside) four weeks of (mostly) unbroken sunshine here in Scotland.... unheard of! 😊  All of that gorgeous sunshine has worked wonders dear ones, it's truly beautiful out there and I'm so grateful that we've been so blessed and can't stop going outside to just stare 😊

As grateful as I am for the beautiful flowers our garden has blessed us with this year, I'm also grateful for all of those lovely, sun-drenched days we've had this past month.  Sunny days mean laundry days around here and you know how much I adore doing laundry 😊 

I know, I'm odd.  I've been told this.  Usually by people who wonder how I can adore doing laundry so much 😊  I've always adored laundry, it's by far my favourite part of housekeeping.  There's not a single part of it I don't love 😊

Back to today's post then dear ones, wait till you see what's been happening in the garden during this very unusual for us (but we're not complaining!) dry spell. Why not grab a cuppa and maybe a cookie (or two) and meet me back here in a few minutes?

Welcome back 😊  I know I'm going to look back at these photos when Summer has gone and I'm going to miss all of the sunshine that's shining out of them. It's still sunny outside and I feel so sad even thinking of the long, dark, winter to come. Winter is very (very) long in Scotland honeys. Too long. On to happier thoughts...

Do you remember our precious peony roses?  I was sure the snow might stop them this year.  I mean that was some serious snow honeys, but no, it didn't even slow them down...

Being blessed by our garden: after battling snow storms twice this year our precious peonies appeared to say hello and were just as beautiful as always :)

They didn't just bloom though, they kept right on growing, getting bigger and bigger in the never ending sunshine...

Being blessed by our garden: I feel truly spoiled this year by our precious peonies...

I've been caring for these much cherished peonies for over fifteen years and I don't think I've ever seen them look this wonderful...

Being blessed by our garden: After being so worried that the snow might have hurt our precious peonies, they did this honeys...

I've always wished they'd last a little longer each year but maybe the fact that they bloom and are gone again so fast is part of what makes me look forward so much to seeing them appear again every year.

Being blessed by our garden: Isn't this a pretty peony honeys?

Wow! Well done darling peonies.  You outdid yourself this year, you've been beyond beautiful πŸ’–

As beautiful as the peonies have been, our little apple tree in the back garden has also thrived in all of the extra sunshine.  It's had such an abundance of apple blossom this year...

Being blessed by our garden: We've been treated to so much apple blossom on our little apple tree this year...

Such pretty colours and with so much apple blossom there's bound to be lots of apples this year too...

Being blessed by our garden: I can't wait to bake with lovely homegrown apples :)

Do you like daisies honeys?

I adore them, I always have.  They seem like such happy little flowers, popping out of the lawn randomly to smile and say hello, wanting nothing back in return except to maybe see us smile 😊 Such a happy little flower πŸ’–

Being blessed by our garden: I do adore daisies honeys...

Hubby mows the lawn and they're gone and within a few days.. they're back again!  It's as if someone rolls out a carpet of daisies across the lawn. A sea of perfect, smiley little daisies 😊

Being blessed by our garden: a sea of daisies makes me so happy!

Meanwhile, in our tiny front garden, our much loved roses have started to appear...

Being blessed by our garden: First perfect rose of the year...

So far only a few, perfect roses but so, so many are in bud, just waiting to transform into beautiful roses too...

Being blessed by our garden: First rose of the year will be followed by many more, already waiting to bloom...

While snapping images of the roses a flash of pink caught my eye, low down in the midst of one of the rose shrubs. It was this perfect beauty, hidden amongst lots of buds all waiting to bloom too...

Being blessed by our garden: Far down inside the rose shrub, almost hidden away, I found this beautiful bloom...

We have lots of work still to do in our garden (mostly Hubby tho, he'll be doing the painting of the front fence that's still to be done and the walls under the windows are to be painted to freshen them up too - thank you sweetheart x) but spending time out there is such a pleasure right now, surrounded by so many beautiful flowers...

Being blessed by our garden: Every year I wait (not so patiently) for our precious roses to appear...

There really is something beautiful everywhere we look out there right now and I'm so, so grateful.  For the lovely, warm summer we're having, for the beautiful flowers, and for you too honeys, for visiting and keeping me company 😊 Thank you so much 😘

Being blessed by our garden: We've been overwhelmed this year by beautiful blooms honeys and feel so grateful.

Have a wonderful week, smile lots and hug even more dear ones, till next time, huggles always xx

Huggles Always, Rosie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment