Wednesday 11 April 2018

Beginnings And Endings: Farewell To Polyvore And New Rose Shrub Planted!

Hi Honeys,
How are you today?  I've spent most of this week hanging onto the walls to get around our home because of the worst pain in my spine.  You know, I've decided dear ones that I'm fed up of arthritis now.  I'm fed up of not knowing what, if anything, I'll be able to do each day.  I haven't been able to sleep more than an hour or two each night this week and it's all getting to be a little too much is all so just ignore my complaints honeys.  Regular happy-Rosie will be resumed in no time. Even the worst pain can't keep me down for long.  I'm too stubborn ๐Ÿ˜Š   

So, arthritis aside, having longed for and counted down to Spring for months and in spite of having reached almost the middle of April, it's raining here.  Not just a little either.  It's literally "chucking down" outside, which is fine because as the old saying goes "April showers bring May flowers" and I do adore our garden ๐Ÿ’ฎ⚘๐Ÿ˜Š

Now usually, when I'm feeling this awful one of the ways I cope is to hide away from the world and distract myself by creating my dream closet on the Polyvore site.  Do you remember my singing the praises of Polyvore honeys?  I even shared some of my sets here and also here.

Polyvore was a little like having access to every fashion piece, and household items too since Polyvore wasn't only for fashion fans but also would-be interior designers too.  Did you notice just then I said was honeys? 

Endings & Beginnings - Farewell to Polyvore and back to the garden to plant more roses!

It's true.  Polyvore is gone.  Without any notice the site was sold to a clothing supplier and all of our collections, sets, the friends we'd all made there, all of it has disappeared.
 
Goodbye Polyvore, you'll be missed terribly!  These are some of my sets, created during my time as a member of Polyvore.

As you can imagine honeys, there has been quite an outcry of disbelief and unhappiness on social media over the way the closing of the Polyvore site has been handled.  No one knew it was going to happen, there was no email sent out to warn members. 

I checked and up until the day before it happened I still only received the usual marketing email from Polyvore with no mention that the site was being sold and our sanctuary from world overwhelm closed with the loss of everything created over the years.

All is not lost!

Well honeys, they seem to have heard because they've set up a link to request a download of your sets & collections. You can request a download by going here logging in, using the email address you joined with and the password for your polyvore account. 

Important: You only have until May 15th to request a download of your sets & collections!  At this page you can also opt out of your information being passed to the company who have taken over the Polyvore site. 

When you request your data download it will take a day or two to prepare and then when you go back to the above address there will be a link to download a zip file containing all of your sets etc.  

It's beyond sad to lose Polyvore honeys, it was a little oasis of calm for me on less than calm days and I'l miss it terribly but I'm also so grateful to Polyvore for providing this wonderful little platform for all of us for so many years.  It was provided free after all and meant a great deal to those of us who relied on it. Thank you Polyvore, it's been awesome ๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–

On then to happier thoughts honeys...

Spring has arrived.  Yes it's raining, yes there was still a bitter chill in the wind today but we're starting to see temperatures climbing (slowly) to the dizzying heights of above 9-10 degrees recently and the sun has even made an appearance a couple of times too! yyaaaaaaayyy!! Laundry days!!

Do you remember the beautiful miniature Christmas roses, a much loved gift from a dear friend, that I kept on the kitchen window until I could plant them outside last year?

Miniature roses happy in their new home by the front door...

Those darling little roses are still there, still happy and starting to bud again ๐Ÿ˜Š  You might remember that we have another, matching, planter on the other side of the front door?  Well last year we planted some seeds there hoping for a burst of colour to compliment the beautiful miniature roses.

For whatever reason, and I have no idea what that reason is, the seeds didn't grow, the burst of colour didn't appear and so this spring we're left again with this... 

Spring arrives in the garden - in search of smiles.

Yep, only thing brightening that little planter by our front door is a tiny ceramic ornament of two tiny mushrooms, which is cute but the planter needs more ๐Ÿ˜Š

While shopping we bought a teeny tiny rose shrub, and last night Hubby, Jade and I set off into the garden where Hubby prepared the planter with lots of fresh compost...

Spring arrives in the garden - in search of smiles. Hubby prepares the planter with lots of lovely fresh compost/soil.

Next, in went the little rose shrub...

Spring arrives in the garden - in search of smiles. Hubby then placed the tiny rose shrub in it's new home, in the planter by the front door.

I was standing by with my camera to record the latest addition to our garden finding its home but I did feel a little lost since I'd so wanted to plant the rose shrub myself, even though Hubby will normally prepare the ground/planter for me of course.  Hubby did it all for me though, including planting the rose shrub (thank you sweetheart ๐Ÿ’‹) because I've been in the worst pain all of this week from my spine. 

Whether it's caused by the dampness of the weather conditions or the osteo arthritis in the base of my spine worsening (even walking short distances is now incredibly painful) whatever the cause is, it felt so sad not to even be able to bend enough to plant the teeny tiny rose shrub in the prepared planter. 

Now we're hoping that this little rose shrub will grow as happily by the front door as the other one did.  Someone, possibly a neighbourhood furbaby? Maybe a squirrel or a fox?  someone has been digging in that planter recently so we're hoping the rose shrub won't be dug out again. 

With a little luck, we'll have a splash of colour in a few months time on both sides of the front door ๐Ÿ˜Š  If the newly planted rose shrub is anywhere near as beautiful as the miniature roses were in the other planter last summer I'll be a very happy Rosie...

Miniature roses in bloom by the front door last summer.

What do you think honeys?  Weren't they beautiful?  I'm so looking forward to seeing them, alongside our other much loved roses in the front garden, again soon.  Which is why I'm not complaining about the rain ๐Ÿ˜Š

April showers bring May flowers

What's been making you smile recently?  Do you adore roses as much as I do?  Till next time dear ones, smile lots and hug even more, huggles always xx

No comments:

Post a Comment