Sunday 19 March 2017

Our Furbaby Jade Has A Birthday Adventure...

Disclaimer:  I haven't been paid to promote any products, just sharing some smiles...

Hi Honeys
How is your weekend going?  It's been very busy here, yesterday flew past.  I had an early appointment at the hospital to attend, then Hubby & I went to Ikea.  A trip to my happy place, Ikea, is a very rare treat since the store is quite a distance away so I'd been looking forward to going.  I took lots of photos (although not as many as I would normally I'm afraid) and will share those in another post.

Hubby has been home all this week using up some of his accumulated annual leave (the man never takes holidays bless him) so we've been trying to get some work done around the house, or rather Hubby has and I've been "gaffer" deciding which organizing project to do next ๐Ÿ˜Š

One of the items to be crossed off our list during yesterdays very busy day was of course our furbaby Jade's birthday trip to Pets at Home...

Our Furbaby Jade's Birthday Adventure

Since we don't own a car, Hubby had hired one for the day and had driven me to my hospital appointment.  From there we went to Ikea where we have a tradition.  Choosing a soft toy for our furbaby Jade.

As I said we don't get there very often and she does love her stuffies.  She still has lots from when she was a puppy, through to now, and will sit in the kitchen watching them go around and around in the washing machine when it's their "bath time" patiently waiting for them to come back out again.

I do like the Ikea toys because there are no buttons or glass eyes that could make them dangerous for furbabies to play with.  If your furbaby tears toys though or has very strong jaws which would make them deteriorate over time it might be good to check on what the filling is.  None of Jade's has ever torn so this hasn't been a problem.  

This time around we brought her home a very jolly looking parrot...
 
Jade's parrot soft toy from Ikea

Isn't he quite fabulous honeys?  Jade adored him on sight and when she went for a nap she rested her chin on him as a pillow ๐Ÿ˜Š

Unfortunately our busy timetable was struck a blow because while at Ikea I had to keep sitting down, I had the most awful pain in my lower spine and developed a splitting headache.  We had planned to pick up some groceries before heading home again but I felt so awful Hubby took me straight home, made sure I was safely in the house and settled on the sofa with Jade and he went, armed with our shopping list, to pick up our grocery shop, bless him.  Thank you sweetheart x

I stayed home with Jade, took my pain meds and rested till Hubby got back.  By the time he got back Jade had had a nap (with her parrot) the pain meds had (sort of) dealt with my headache and the pain in my spine had eased enough for me to get to the car which Hubby had parked outside.

Off we went then on Jade's birthday adventure.  I posted before about our baby's birthday being Saint Patrick's Day, if you missed it you can read it here honeys (and there is a printable menu card there too.)

This would be the last outing of the day and it was a very short one, only as far as our local Pets At Home store...  

Jade's Birthday Adventure

Jade knows this store well and got very excited when she saw it as she got out of the car, pulling her Dad into the store... Thankfully I had a head start while Hubby put Jade's lead onto her harness and then followed me inside ๐Ÿ˜Š

We had the worst weather yesterday.  It was blowing a gale and we had very heavy rain all day long but we weren't going to let that rob our baby of her birthday trip...

Our Furbaby's Birthday Adventure - In Search Of Treats...

Jade absolutely adores this store.  It's the only shop we know of that allows pets to wander around inside so sometimes she'll meet a new friend in an aisle or other customers (or staff members) will stop and make a fuss of her ๐Ÿ˜Š

Mostly though she loves to explore and check out all of the shelves and displays...

Our Furbaby's Birthday Adventure - Jade Spots Some Squeaky Toys...

On the way to the treats by way of the toys aisle Jade investigated lots of other aisles including some safety hi visibility vests and harnesses.  She already has both, so on to the toys section...

Our Furbaby's Birthday Adventure - Jade investigates...

So, what did we buy Jade yesterday then?  Well we filled up her treats tub again...

Our Furbaby's Birthday Adventure - A Bumper Lot Of Treats To Re-Fill Jade's Treat Tub

The only thing we didn't buy yesterday were Jade's Dentastix which keep her teeth so nice and clean that her vet, Dr Layla, always tells her what a good girl she is and what a lovely smile she has ๐Ÿ˜Š We'd stocked up on those already.

I know from the photo it seems like a lot of treats but these will last Jade maybe a month to six weeks and also Jade has made a new friend, Jessie, our next door neighbour's new furbaby and Jade happily shares her treats with Jessie when we see her in her garden.

We'll go outside so they can spend some time together and will open a pack of treats so they can have a chew each.  It's wonderful to see them play together.  Jade has been so lonely since two of our neighbours moved and took her friends with them. It's good that she has a new friend.

The last thing we added to our purchases last night before heading for home were some squeaky toys that Jade picked out herself...

Our Furbaby's Birthday Adventure - Jade's Latest Squeaky Toys...

Here they are then.  Our baby's choices and she's been playing with them all day today ๐Ÿ˜Š

From left to right in the above photo.....

  1. This toy appears to me to be two filled triangles sewn together with a sort of felt holly berry (?) on top with a loud squeaker inside.  Whatever it is she loves it honeys ๐Ÿ˜Š
  2. A large, round, soft, fur fabric "iced" muffin.  Jade's been bringing me this all day today to throw across the living room for her to go bring back again. She loves it ๐Ÿ˜Š
  3. A soft silicone type rubber ...well stick.  It's a squeaky stick.  It's a squeaky stick to throw and play fetch with and our baby loved it on sight ๐Ÿ˜Š

Other than playing fetch, from the sofa, with Jade bringing me her toys to throw for her, today has been a rest day.  I haven't been sleeping at all well for weeks now.  Fellow spoonies will know well this can happen during the change of the seasons.

If you too are suffering extra pain, not being able to sleep or feeling completely drained no matter how much sleep you're able to have, or indeed any of the other horrid, debilitating problems spoonies face as the seasons change, please be well dear ones, we'll get through this.  We always do.  

The clocks change soon, next weekend in fact here in the UK and we'll head towards summer again ๐Ÿ˜Š.  When things are at their worst I always try to remind myself that it will pass and it always does.  Find your happy place dear ones.  As You'll know if you've read this blog before I adore laundry, so I look forward to warmer days when I can peg our laundry outside and watch it dance in the soft breeze.

Till next time honeys, stay warm and safe.  Winter hasn't quite done with us yet, smile lots and hug even more, hugs always xx

Hugs Always, Rosie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment